2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was last year, he might have naturally been closer to 220 last year. Not sure if he's wrestling this year, but he's not cutting to 220 if he does. Zero chance of that.
With all due respect, you are underwater here big time. This kid wrestles heavyweight and therefore wrestling has zero impact on his weight or body composition. If anything, he might be carrying more weight than he normally would in order to compete at the heavyweight class.

FTR, I was a collegiate wrestler.
What happened is I was texted he wrestled at 220 , I guess that was earlier in his career. I know nothing about wrestling I assumed he dropped down to that from his playing weight or just gained a bunch later thr next year. But I just read an article that says he wrestled last year at 285. So I was really wrong. Between the text , multiple articles and not knowing anything about wrestling I had my wires crossed. So he’s even bigger than we all thought. I was told he plays Int he 260-265. Here's the link

Advertisement
What happened is I was texted he wrestled at 220 , I guess that was earlier in his career. I know nothing about wrestling I assumed he dropped down to that from his playing weight or just gained a bunch later thr next year. But I just read an article that says he wrestled last year at 285. So I was really wrong. Between the text , multiple articles and not knowing anything about wrestling I had my wires crossed. So he’s even bigger than we all thought. I was told he plays Int he 260-265. Here's the link

He plays LB like he's 265lbs too. Doesn't have the explosiveness you look for there from an off-the-ball LB. I assume they're moving him onto the line if he signs.

Advertisement
Nah, Pa. Specifically the Lehigh valley. The number of good teams in a small area is unparalleled

Advertisement
Great high school wrestling, but PA is the best for sure. I would argue that Ohio and Illinois both have better high school wrestling than Iowa too, simply due to larger populations. Wrestling might be a religion in Iowa like no other place, but the small population size limits the competition and therefore limits to quality.

Exactly. Pa, especially district 11, is freaking deep with about 10 top teams in a small area.

Seeing as how Bolles, the school, is an extremely expensive private school. I’d say it is more like the HS Miami Hurricanes.

But, to your point, the whole city is majority Gators, so yeah, it’s an uphill battle anytime they are involved with a player here.

I don’t think he’s been recruited by UF yet though, but obviously things can change.
Gotta disagree…

Bolles is UF
Trinity is UM

Bolles is join Daddy’s frat and sport Vineyard Vines, ties & loafers

Biggest worry in High School is beating Cocoa
Biggest worry in college is getting a DUI and praying Daddy covers it up.

But kids are coached up and learn to play within their abilities!!!

This kid may take some time but if he comes he will find a way on the field in the next few years.

Mac waited so….
Seeing as how Bolles, the school, is an extremely expensive private school. I’d say it is more like the HS Miami Hurricanes.

But, to your point, the whole city is majority Gators, so yeah, it’s an uphill battle anytime they are involved with a player here.

I don’t think he’s been recruited by UF yet though, but obviously things can change.

Advertisement
The minimum you have here is a kid who plays on all special teams, rushes on all 3rd and longs, and all 4th and shirt and goal line D. and a solid back up. He would play here.
Idk if you saw the interview.
This kid will do everything that is mentally and physically possible to insure a starting spot.
Never count out anyone with that mindset and that physical ability.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back