2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could be a Gator fan, doesn't mean they will sell him as well as Miami. Trent was a Gator fan i think as well.

He has had a low key recruitment and he was pretty lit when he got the offer. The key is recruiting the dad as i listened to his interview. Well put together and seem like he would be a bully on the field. You want a player like this to remove alot of the softness Manny has been breeding. Cracking heads and hurting feelings.
He didn't have a gator offer or they moved on. I can't remember but living in Gainesville when I heard I passed it on and he ended up committed. If he had a spot there's no chance he'd came. His whole room was gator crap.

@IndayArtHauz remembers this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He didn't have a gator offer or they moved on. I can't remember but living in Gainesville when I heard I passed it on and he ended up committed. If he had a spot there there's no chance he'd came. His whole room was gator crap.

1641586806749.jpeg

I heard this kid is a wrestler as well. That means his hands are gonna be super strong and he probably has a ton of natural strength. I originally though 280 would be a stopping point with his frame but now that I know he’s a wrestler he could possibly get to the 290 range.

Advertisement
I believe Trent Harris is the best comp I’ve seen for Pyburn.

Hopefully we get him and keep that Jax pipeline open.

I don't know if it's fair to name a comp, seeing how this kid hasnt even been able to commit a whole offseason to football. I'd expect him to sit around 280-290 once he really commits himself to football.

I'm quietly hoping he matures into a Brian Briese (Clemson) type of recruit that can play all along the DL. I know that's setting the bar high, but some intangibles (work ethic, wrestling background) that will definitely work in his favor.

He didn't have a gator offer or they moved on. I can't remember but living in Gainesville when I heard I passed it on and he ended up committed. If he had a spot there's no chance he'd came. His whole room was gator crap.

This. He was about to commit to UF two seaparate times. First, he delayed his May commitment date following an offer from Ohio State. In June, Justus Reed goes to a UF camp and gets an offer.

Trent Harris never makes it onto OSU’s campus. Sets a commitment date for July. UF persuades Justus Reed, who had recently announced UF as his leader, to commit before Trent’s announcement. Effectively taking Trent’s spot. And Trent ends up in Miami.

Advertisement
No need. Genes can be weird. My dad is 6'3, my mom is 5'2. I am 6'2 and 210 lbs.
You’re in good shape young man!

I’m only joking around with Paranos as the answer involves large womens body portions. Lol

Advertisement
My dad is 5'10, mum 5'5 and I've been 6'2 since 15-years-old. Can confirm the mix of Italian, Ukrainian and English genes is a weird one.
Both of my grandparents are way smaller than my dad. His grandpa tho was tall so...

Advertisement
My dad is 5'10, mum 5'5 and I've been 6'2 since 15-years-old. Can confirm the mix of Italian, Ukrainian and English genes is a weird one.
I love it. Moar Brits! @OldhamA and @hiphopanimal are here as well. @LeedsCane is now in the US. Leeds has been mentoring me in how to curse people out properly. Like yesterday I called DRev a knobscarfing tosser.

He’s really gone to the dogs.

People aren't understanding he's a wrestler. Ask @Elijah's Biggest Fan about her sons issues with strength and weight because of basketball. Wrestling is 100 times harder than that.

He's never had time to carry his real weight or work year round on football. He doesn't need to change his his body , he needs to unleash it on football. I'm basing this off conversations with former wrestlers, it's brutal.

I could very well be wrong but he doesn't have bad weight , nowhere close.
With all due respect, you are underwater here big time. This kid wrestles heavyweight and therefore wrestling has zero impact on his weight or body composition. If anything, he might be carrying more weight than he normally would in order to compete at the heavyweight class.

FTR, I was a collegiate wrestler.

He wrestled in the 220 division last year and played this year in the 255-260 range. So yeah , his weight fluctuates a lot.
That was last year, he might have naturally been closer to 220 last year. Not sure if he's wrestling this year, but he's not cutting to 220 if he does. Zero chance of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back