Neuheisel on Miami administration: "They should be ashamed"

I was wondering how coaches felt about the Stadium issue and here is a coach voicing his opinion. Now, I know he can only speak for himself here but I have a gut feeling many coaches around the country feel the same way as tricky Rick does here.

They don't like the fact Miami does not have a fun SEC type of college atmosphere feel to it. And the fans who do show up, well.... ...just ask Rumph about that.

So for all of you clamoring for some big name coach keep this in mind when we don't get one. And this issue is one of many that keeps the big names away.

Advertisement
I was wondering how coaches felt about the Stadium issue and here is a coach voicing his opinion. Now, I know he can only speak for himself here but I have a gut feeling many coaches around the country feel the same way as tricky Rick does here.

They don't like the fact Miami does not have a fun SEC type of college atmosphere feel to it. And the fans who do show up, well.... ...just ask Rumph about that.

So for all of you clamoring for some big name coach keep this in mind when we don't get one. And this issue is one of many that keeps the big names away.

Butch Davis don't need a fancy stadium.

If you actually listened to the show, at the end of that rant, Newweasel said there will be a line of guys looking for the UM job when Folden gets fired including Newweasel. He said it's a great job because of the incredible recruiting base in your back yard.

If you actually listened to the show, at the end of that rant, Newweasel said there will be a line of guys looking for the UM job when Folden gets fired including Newweasel. He said it's a great job because of the incredible recruiting base in your back yard.

Well if he truly believes that then maybe he is thinking about standing in line for the job.
If not, then it is just talk. He is like a used car salesman to me . Talks from both sides of his mouth.

I'm the last guy to defend us at SLS but it's kinda cute that Neuheisel seemingly forgets that UCLA plays at a stadium like 30 miles from their campus too. We, unfortunately, have bigger issues at play than just stadium proximity to Coral Gables.

Advertisement
Man we don't need a special stadium we just need a 40k seat stadium with the room for 50 with the seats close to the field ill be happy with That,

The TV visuals at Sun Life are due to ticket pricing.

If I were UM, I would price and sell tickets based on the visuals for the game.

The same folks paying for the games will be paying, plus you could probably get more to buy tickets if they were getting "more for their money".

And as demand increases, the pricing structure can change.

At worst, they'll make the same money ... But improve the environment. And if they can get more butts in seats, it should help concessions.

I guess I don't know enough about stadium operations to understand why Miami can't make the 35K that show up to games look like 50K on TV, instead of it looking like 20K ...

I'm the last guy to defend us at SLS but it's kinda cute that Neuheisel seemingly forgets that UCLA plays at a stadium like 30 miles from their campus too. We, unfortunately, have bigger issues at play than just stadium proximity to Coral Gables.

He didn't forget ... He's griping about his time at UCLA, without griping about his time at UCLA.

He's already put UCLA on blast for not having a regulation sized practice field when he was there ...

Newweasel should also be embarrassed for nuking Warshington into Bolivian with his weaseling and gambling...

...but he's right

Advertisement

Butch Davis don't need a fancy stadium.

Nobody want's to hire Butch. That is probably why.

We get the right coach, start winning again and suddenly the stadium gets a lot fuller.

The guy is a certified weasel. He's always played an angle. His comments are automatically discounted.

Advertisement
Im actually surprised the school hasn't even started a campaign for a new stadium yet. Stanford built their 50k capacity stadium for 90M. That has to be pocket change. Didnt Adidas just give us roughly 90M??

Even if they want to be cheap and throw in 50M and let the donors throw in the remaining 50 this would get done.

Im appalled no one has stepped up and had serious discussion/made something happen.

Stanford: https://alumni.stanford.edu/get/page/magazine/article/?article_id=33324

The sad thing once we joined the ACC we was guranteed a check so Shalala and her bots used the money else where. We had to win in order to make money in the big east.

It kind of works like welfare; guaranteed money for doing nothing.

I thought college kids would also think it pretty cool to play in a Pro stadium with nice facilities. If the team wins they can fill up the stadium.

This is no different when you would see a 1/2 empty Orange Bowl when playing Tulsa. Fans will show up for the marquee games. Then or now.

Neuweasel still hurting from that curb stomping we put on his team. I get it.

Advertisement
Im actually surprised the school hasn't even started a campaign for a new stadium yet. Stanford built their 50k capacity stadium for 90M. That has to be pocket change. Didnt Adidas just give us roughly 90M??

Even if they want to be cheap and throw in 50M and let the donors throw in the remaining 50 this would get done.

Im appalled no one has stepped up and had serious discussion/made something happen.

Stanford: https://alumni.stanford.edu/get/page/magazine/article/?article_id=33324

An article from 9 years ago about a project that started 10 years ago? Yeah, I'm sure the costs haven't gone up a dime since then. Not to mention, they already had a spot to put the stadium; they razed the old one and built another, smaller one on the same spot. Cost of land, particularly anywhere near UM campus, is a big part of the expense.

Last edited:
We have recruited better than anyone in our conference not named FSU. We have more NFL players than anyone in our conference. I wish people would stop saying our issue is recruiting......The issue is we haven't hired a great coach in 20 years. More than enough talent and recruits on our teams the last few years to win the ACC.

1. Clemson has out recruited us in the last few years.
2. We aren't just competing against our conference when it comes to recruiting. We are recruiting against everybody that goes to South Florida to hand pick talent.

You clearly aren't able to understand the post.

The point is, you mouthbreather, that aside from FSU, we have not played a team in Al Golden's tenure that has more talent than we do. Neuheisel implies that we suck b/c we don't get recruits and don't have to talent to win.

Again, Miami has had more talent than UVA, Duke, USCe, ND, NEB, VT, etc etc etc. Blaming the stadium and it's effect on recruiting, is thus retarded.

Did we have a problem hiring Howard? No? Didn't think so.

If the University focuses on football instead of image, we can hire whoever we want.

The sad thing once we joined the ACC we was guranteed a check so Shalala and her bots used the money else where. We had to win in order to make money in the big east.

I've said this for years. It's like communism. When you don't need to be excellent in order to get that paper, you fall off.

Advertisement
Back