Neuheisel on Miami administration: "They should be ashamed"

01Canes

Senior
Former Washington coach Rick Neuheisel took a giant verbal s*** on Miami's administration on his SiriusXM College Sports Nation radio show today. Always nice to hear this admin's mind-blowing incompetence and apathy towards such an historic football program being blasted so candidly in the media.

On Miami having to play at Sun Life:

“The problem for Miami football is when you put the camera on the stands, and you see 15, 16, 17,000 people in a stadium that’s built for 70. It looks bad. It just looks terrible. Unfortunately, the head coach, Al Golden, is being blamed for all of it. Now, he may have made some of his own problems, in terms of alienating some fans and former players, but the bottom line here is, somehow, the administration at Miami has to figure out a place to play, where the students and the fans can all have fun together and celebrate the great game of college football in a 40,000, 50,000-seat stadium that looks like college.

“That doesn’t look like anything. That is a square peg in a round hole. It doesn’t look good if you’re a recruit going to the games. There’s nothing about that that says, ‘God, I can’t wait to play here.’ That has to change. Until it changes, Miami is going to suffer.

Until the administration and the leadership of the University of Miami figure out, ‘This is a sham. We oughta be ashamed of ourselves for sending our team 40 miles down the road to play, where our students won’t go.’ When the camera turns on Miami football, it looks like fans have dressed as seats to come to games. It’s gotta get fixed.”

Neuheisel's brief comment about Golden shouldn't come as a surprise, as you wouldn't expect a former college coach to bash a current one in a radio gig. But his comment about how Golden has created his own problems was a nice, deserved shot.

On Miami's current state of irrelevance in the college football landscape:

Just like we said college football is better when Michigan is good, when Notre Dame is good, college football is better when Miami is good. It just is. I know they’re flamboyant, and some folks get put off by it, but the facts are that Miami and the brand of college football they played was special, and they need a place to play where people are going to go and get excited. This is an embarrassment to the brand and to all those guys built, the Ray Lewises, Ed Reeds, Michael Irvins.

Rick Neuheisel blasts Miami administration: 'They should be ashamed'

Last edited:
Advertisement
Neweasel is a choad, but he's right that UM should be ashamed. I just think the stadium issue is on like page 9,000 of what they should be ashamed of.

As much as I HATE Al Golden, it does have to be tough to sit in a kids living room and convince them to play at Sun Life Stadium. With that being said, FLY THE ******* BANNER

We have recruited better than anyone in our conference not named FSU. We have more NFL players than anyone in our conference. I wish people would stop saying our issue is recruiting......The issue is we haven't hired a great coach in 20 years. More than enough talent and recruits on our teams the last few years to win the ACC.

Advertisement
Our attendance stunk at the OB as well. Difference is, that stadium could rock with 25K in the stands.

Advertisement
Tell that ****head that the stands were empty in 2001 as well

anyone that takes a nasty shot at the UM administration is a hero, not a ****head

We had a chance to own our own stadium at the site of the old orange bowl. The admin ****ed that up, just like they **** up everything. They're a bunch of clowns.

Yes, they are clowns, but how did the university ever have a chance at a stadium at the old Orange Bowl site?

Sunlife wasn't the reason for an 18 point loss to DUKE and a 17 point loss to UVA.

Sunlife wasn't the reason for (I couldn't think of any big road wins).

The stadium is boring and the environment sucks, but it isn't the the reason for losses.

anyone that takes a nasty shot at the UM administration is a hero, not a ****head

We had a chance to own our own stadium at the site of the old orange bowl. The admin ****ed that up, just like they **** up everything. They're a bunch of clowns.

Yes, they are clowns, but how did the university ever have a chance at a stadium at the old Orange Bowl site?

Beckham

Advertisement
As much as I HATE Al Golden, it does have to be tough to sit in a kids living room and convince them to play at Sun Life Stadium. With that being said, FLY THE ****ING BANNER

And answer questions about his job security. You don't think we lost recruits last year because every other coach in America told kids we were recruiting Al won't be there past this season?

30 years late on the news!
Even in our best years , fans only showed up for big games.

Al Golden knew he'd be doing on the job training at Miami, where he'd bound to have failures. He had no choice but to keep former players away as they'd expose him as the fraud Golden is. It worked; kept away, Golden was able to stay unexposed and secure huge Extension, and retained, particularly, when he should've been fired. Golden is no fool. He's been a visionary and his biggest accomplishment has been to not get fired with incompetence & learning on the job. Knowing his own inherent incompetence, he secured the biggest buy-out just in case he was fired. Dude's a genius!

Former Washington coach Rick Neuheisel took a giant verbal s*** on Miami's administration on his SiriusXM College Sports Nation radio show today. ... the head coach, Al Golden may have made some of his own problems, in terms of alienating some fans and former players
On Miami's current state of irrelevance in the college football landscape: the Ray Lewises, Ed Reeds, Michael Irvins. [/quote] Rick Neuheisel blasts Miami administration: 'They should be ashamed'[/QUOTE]

Advertisement
There'd be a lot more people in the stands if people were excited about UM football. OB used to be empty when we stunk too.

Newweasel is a much better broadcaster than he was a HC. But I wouldn't expect him to hammer a current HC. It's just not the way football coaches operate.

The city gave UM the opportunity to buy it. Whether UM had the money or not, they chose not to. But like anything in life, if you want something bad enough you figure out a way to get it.

but how did the university ever have a chance at a stadium at the old Orange Bowl site?

If I remember the story correctly, some politician promised to secure land grants so UM could stay in the OB, and Donna turned it down...but I'm sure there was a catch to those grants. But it's really on the voters of Miami why there's no longer an OB...3 times a proposal was brought to reno the OB, and 3 times it was voted down.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back