Nesta with an interesting Tweet

Advertisement
I don't see it. The talent is not almost at Clemson or Bama level. I see us winning the coastal the next 3 years, but we need to have 4 years of top 10 classes with atleast 2 top 10 classes before we can even think about beating them.
Ol,dl,qb and quality depth behind the two deep is all that's missing .got talented young players just have to develop them into bama,Clemson type players.

I don't see it. The talent is not almost at Clemson or Bama level. I see us winning the coastal the next 3 years, but we need to have 4 years of top 10 classes with atleast 2 top 10 classes before we can even think about beating them.
Yeup. Minimum three years to be near their talent levels if the staff absolutely kills it on the trail going forward. Not to mention, the staff needs to strike gold on a QB. One of the big problems is we are still way behind in the trenches compared to those teams. The new strength and conditioning staff better be elite too. You don't completely close a gap, which has been getting wider for years, overnight.

Last edited:
Yeup. Minimum three years to be near their talent levels if the staff absolutely kills it on the trail going forward. Not to mention, the staff needs to strike gold on a QB. One of the big problems is we are still way behind in the trenches compared to those teams. The new strength and conditioning staff better be elite too. You don't completely close a gap, which has been getting wider for years, overnight.

Exactly. Anyone that says otherwise is delusional.

Advertisement
Ol,dl,qb and quality depth behind the two deep is all that's missing .got talented young players just have to develop them into bama,Clemson type players.

We have talented young players, but nowhere near the level of Bama and Clemson. We also only have a couple real elite kids. Bama is loaded with them at every position.

LMFAO that is your response? Of course we can have a fluke regular season win against a team like that, but that is not happening in an ACCCG or a playoff game.

It’s not about a fluke year. If you have Top 15 talent, good coaching, and a few lucky bounces, you can be a playoff contender. It starts with regularly upsetting teams that are better than you on paper. We’re talented enough to win the coastal and beat Clemson right now, just not enough to be a consistent playoff contender.

We have talented young players, but nowhere near the level of Bama and Clemson. We also only have a couple real elite kids. Bama is loaded with them at every position.
give this coaching staff three years those talented young players might just surprise you at how good they are.get good talented players as freshmen develop them into elite players.people don't remember the growing pains reed and co had in 98&99 .

Advertisement
I literally crack up everytime the portal gives us another dude....that is how i took it. Miami is crushing the portal right now, and it is funny.

It’s not about a fluke year. If you have Top 15 talent, good coaching, and a few lucky bounces, you can be a playoff contender. It starts with regularly upsetting teams that are better than you on paper. We’re talented enough to win the coastal and beat Clemson right now, just not enough to be a consistent playoff contender.

We are talented to win the Coastal every year, but Clemson is on another level. I think a few years winning the Coastal will allow us to start recruiting at Clemsons level though.

Talent is almost already here the ol,qb,and dl issues should be close to being addressed along with the other issues we have.we should have quality depth to where we don't have to depend on true freshmen to start or forced to play them before they are ready.
We don’t have the depth to beat the elite teams yet. Maybe I’ll think differently when we see how much impact quality coaching has.

I agree we don’t have the depth today, but I Don’t think it’ll take 4 years either. Let’s see what player development looks like with this staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back