Nesta silvera vs va tech

Advertisement
Don't sell Ford short. He has performed well and is at this time light years ahead of Miller.
Ford is fine in the run game but I'm looking for more disruption on the line.

I don't know what the **** is going on with Garvin exactly. It is likely a combination of coaching and being the focal point of OLs (as opposed to having Willis and JJ out there), but his play has been ineffective.

I don't know what the **** is going on with Garvin exactly. It is likely a combination of coaching and being the focal point of OLs (as opposed to having Willis and JJ out there), but his play has been ineffective.
I find it confusing how every team we play can "scheme" to take away Garvin, yet we can't scheme to help out our 13 year old Left Tackle.

Garvin struggles go back to mid-season last year. The first 6 games last year he had 11.5 tfls and 3.5 sacks. The last 7 he had 5.5tfls and 2 sacks. He has only 7.5tfls and 1 sack since the bc game last year. Thats 10 games.

Rousseau did mention how o-lines are keying in on garvin but he been fell off. Don't know what it is but it aint cutting it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Garvin struggles go back to mid-season last year. The first 6 games last year he had 11.5 tfls and 3.5 sacks. The last 7 he had 5.5tfls and 2 sacks. He has only 7.5tfls and 1 sack since the bc game last year. Thats 10 games.

Rousseau did mention how o-lines are keying in on garvin but he has been fell off. Don't know what it is but it aint cutting it.
I been Saying the same thing, and propel can’t even throw the excuse of oh teams keying on him. When Willis and joe Jackson played on the line with him last year (in which they were keyed on) he still Had 0 sacks in the last 6 games with those guys playing. Garvin doesn’t bring the same motor, pass rushing presence or even play the run as good as joe jackson did at weakside defensive end. It’s causing a lot of issues right now within the framework of the defense. We always had that constant edge pressure from joe jack that you knew was going to be there and now it’s not. We might be better served to start hill there because you know he’s going to provide constant pass rush at that spot

There is one guy in the NFL that I would compare to Nesta although Nesta’s ceiling is a lot higher and that would be Aaron Donald.
I don't get these CRAZY evaluations for Nesta. Again, is it the gold teeth and shiit talking or the pushing around OL without pads on at AA H.S. Game practices? Because you didn't get that eval from him actually playing football at UM. He may prove to be worthy but as of now he is grossly overrated.

I don't get these CRAZY evaluations for Nesta. Again, is it the gold teeth and shiit talking or the pushing around OL without pads on at AA H.S. Game practices? Because you didn't get that eval from him actually playing football at UM. He may prove to be worthy but as of now he is grossly overrated.
Comparing him to donald is crazy talk i get it, but how is he grossly overrated? He was the #2 dt in the country in 2018(arguably the best one in that class tbh) and played behind an elite level dt in Gerald Willis last year. He got hurt early his sophomore season so he hasn’t got his time to shine. Of course expectations would be high for him. Dt is a grown man position so it takes a while to become an impact guy there more so than other positions. People forget but Willis was in his 4th or 5th year in college when he had that 2018 year, can’t be expecting Silvera to be the same at this age in his career

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah, Silvera ain't Willis, but he doesn't suck either. He'll get better as the year goes on if he stays uninjured.
Garvin is a bummer so far.

The lack of DLine penetration this year is exactly why the green secondary is getting even more exposed. Put underperforming by the LBs in there too - and voila. we suck on defense compared to last year.

Still on Blake too, don't get it twisted.

There is one guy in the NFL that I would compare to Nesta although Nesta’s ceiling is a lot higher and that would be Aaron Donald.

Comparable yes, but you're saying his ceiling is higher than a future hall of famer I think not, If/When he dominates college we will see.

This is one of the worst post I've seen on this site. Aaron Donald is the back to back defensive player of the year in the NFL. I love Miami just like you but don't you think you are being bias.

Advertisement
Comparing him to donald is crazy talk i get it, but how is he grossly overrated? He was the #2 dt in the country in 2018(arguably the best one in that class tbh) and played behind an elite level dt in Gerald Willis last year. He got hurt early his sophomore season so he hasn’t got his time to shine. Of course expectations would be high for him. Dt is a grown man position so it takes a while to become an impact guy there more so than other positions.
I agree with everything you say and think he will be a very good/great DT here when it's said and done. But the OVERHYPE is real which makes him overrated. Nothing he has done to deserve it, the bar is just set waaayyy too high right now. If people are comparing him to Donald they are overrating him.

Advertisement
All DB's Get Exposed when a QB has all Day to throw the Ball. Look how the Giants got after Brady last night and shook him up. He actually looked shook up at the start of that game.

You have to put pressure on a Good Passing Offense, or QB will make you pay!

Advertisement
Back