Nesta enters portal

Yeah I get that. Roster management was **** with the last regime. They did not play the best guys for sure and played favorites. Not every guy will pan out for any team at any level, so guys will transfer to lower levels or trash teams where they can play. All that goes back to development and training though. We have better coaches now, so who knows, we may pull an MSU. The new coaches should be good enough to win us two more games at least.

My point is, I KNOW we’re in good hands, but as I said in another thread, we “shouldn’t expect” a miracle yr 1. If it happens, fantastic. But, historically, no matter how good a coach is, when they take over a rebuild, it takes 2 yrs. I just don’t want fans to jump down his throat if we go 8-5 or 9-4 next yr. I’m looking at yr 1 as icing on the cake b/c I know the holes we have. I feel in my heart by yr 2, we roll.

Advertisement
Let’s be honest, most guys that transfer end up not doing nothing. Especially before the portal was big.
Almost ever transfer we've taken has contributed and almost every transfer we've lost has been a bust at his new program.

My point is, I KNOW we’re in good hands, but as I said in another thread, we “shouldn’t expect” a miracle yr 1. If it happens, fantastic. But, historically, no matter how good a coach is, when they take over a rebuild, it takes 2 yrs. I just don’t want fans to jump down his throat if we go 8-5 or 9-4 next yr. I’m looking at yr 1 as icing on the cake b/c I know the holes we have. I feel in my heart by yr 2, we roll.
Good luck with that. Half the fanbase thinks we're going undefeated for now until infinity.

You're right though. It's going to take a few classes to get this ship righted. There's not a lot of defensive talent on the roster right now.

Advertisement
Hey, hey, hey my guy. Per certain posters, we can’t use that as a reason. We just didn’t “evaluate” correctly.

But the reason y I’m saying “paper classes” is not only were players not developed (oops), but we also had transfers. So we lacked depth at key positions, & those who were tabbed as starters wasn’t groomed to live up to their billings.

Which is y I hope posters don’t jump down Mario’s throat if, again IF, we struggle next yr. We got some chit to clean up from a cultural, development, & roster standpoint.
Mario knows how to evaluate so jags will be scorched off the roster. If Pope went to bama and Hall they would of transfered no way they would of gotten developed. Developed my *** they are who they are and I like those kids.

Advertisement
Fair points. Even with a lot of dead weight, holes and little depth; I still expect this team to look, practice and play differently. Mario alluded to watching the team from afar it seemed when things went against us we did not respond well, in other words we're a soft team. I am confident even in year one that will be addressed and greatly improved. A&M and Clemson on the road are very tough spots but every other game is very win able.

Advertisement
Fair points. Even with a lot of dead weight, holes and little depth; I still expect this team to look, practice and play differently. Mario alluded to watching the team from afar it seemed when things went against us we did not respond well, in other words we're a soft team. I am confident even in year one that will be addressed and greatly improved. A&M and Clemson on the road are very tough spots but every other game is very win able.

Agreed!!

Im willing to give mario time but 9 wins is a failure next year.

Advertisement
My point is, I KNOW we’re in good hands, but as I said in another thread, we “shouldn’t expect” a miracle yr 1.

In a lot of cases good coaches are taking over programs in bad shape. Miami is actually pretty loaded with talent at most positions, we just had HORRIBLE coaches.

I don't expect them to be lights out in year 1 but we were 8 points from being 10-2 this year.

Funny, I thought the very same after watching Oregon twice against Utah. When it got out of hand, it snowballed against them.

Advertisement
Back