Nesta enters portal

Advertisement

A9D3564E-D19D-42DC-A87E-ACF96B2E6B6B.jpeg

This is bad news because I liked him as a player and for depth, he would’ve probably gotten significant snaps.

The stuff about him leaving for the scheme is sheer speculation. If I were to speculate I’d say it’s more of a difference in philosophies with the head coach than it is about a scheme.

it’s very possible that after meeting or communicating with the head coach he decided this was not for him.

But we’ll see. In any event, no reason to trash him. I wish him luck with his life and future career.

Advertisement
Honestly, some of you need a serious check on your emotions, you can't help yourselves when someone who did their time here moves on-- the guy didn't quit anymore than N'Kosi did.

He has his personality quirks and certainly isn't a complete DT, but he signed here when picking UM wasn't an easy thing to do, and he played his *** off. If other players put forth the same effort, we would have won some more games.

Advertisement
Hopefully he gets his degree and can get a decent job...good college player, but not NFL material.

Take a breath.

Who here thinks Nesta was going be a starter next year, even in a 4-3? Think about it.

He kind of plateaued here. He would have been an important back up IMO, so it's a loss, but I understand why he would want to go start somewhere. I wish him all the best.
Me he was easily our best dt last year. Next question

The Mario effect may be the reason for his departure. I would think he's not entering the portal Willy Nilly... he probably got some assurances for a loving coach.

Advertisement
If im him i go to Pitt. Him n Kalijah Kancey would be problems.
Or like @DMoney said a pac 12 team he would eat out there.

Yall clamoring for JHH and LT will be in for a rude awakening....BOTH need ALOT of weight room work..JHH more than LT...They both get pushed around alot in the run game. Both are real good pass rushers at an early age..mainly LT with his swim move.

This team will DEFINATELY need portal DTS.

Dont think this has anything to do with Mario considering they likely only had a team meeting or something with the break. He aint had no time to crack the whip...and what scheme he doesnt fit? we dont even have a dc lol
Anyone watching the tape would see he was our best dt last szn.

Hurts depth, but the 6'0 290 pound high effort guy type who can only play inside and gets overpowered more times than not, probably isn't in the plans going forward for Mario.

I wish him the best, he did provide some moments here so good luck young man.
drop GIF

Advertisement
Lmao chasing some small bag

Please no more slurping on nestas attitude on here. I appreciate his effort but for what we envisioned when he signed? major letdown
I don't think so....I think he was over rated here but he always was what he was. Short arms physical af bullrush super effort. Reason his top two were bad eval schools at the time UF and UM. No one else was really beating down the door unless u count lesser name schools. I still love this dude true cane.

We got 2 DT that can play, like 1 defensive end, 2 linebackers, and 1 corner. It’s quite sad 😂

Brethren, I said the same thing. I look for yr 1 to be a bumpy road. We have “pieces”, but as a whole, we have holes. (Pun intended)

That’s why it ****ed me tf off seeing ppl on here saying Manny left Mario w/ talent.

Also, revisiting the esteemed class of 2018 (#8 rated class)

Categories: N/A (b/c they barely or didn’t play b4 transferring), Bust, Mediocre, Decent, Solid, Good, Great:

1. 5* #2 RB Lingard - N/A (Transferred to UF)

2. 4* #1 TE Jordan - Decent Career, Injury filled (NFL)

3. 4* #2 DT Silvera - Decent Career (Transfer)

4. 4* #11 WR Pope - Bust (Transfer)

5. 4* #5 QB Williams - Bust (Transfer)

6. 4* #12 CB Blades Jr - Mediocre Career (maybe retired?)

7. 4* #5 OG Scaife - Mediocre Career

8. 4* #27 WR Hightower - N/A (Transferred)

9. 4* #7 RB Harris - Solid Career

10. 4* #15 S Hall - Bust

11. 4* #21 CB Frierson - Solid Career

12. 4* #8 TE Mallory - Decent Career

13. 4* #12 OG Reed - Bust

14. 4* #19 WR Ezzard - N/A (transferred)

15. 4* #32 CB Ivey - Mediocre Career

16. 3* #77 WR Wiggins - Bust (transfer)

17. 3* #36 OT Campbell - Bust

18. 3* #27 DE Rousseau - Great Season

19. 3* #39 DE Joyner - Bust (transferred)

20. 3* #89 DT Miller - Mediocre Career

21. 3* #113 CB Bethel - N/A (transferred)

22. 3* #2 FB George - N/A (transferred)

23. 3* #14 K Baxa - Bust (transferred)

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes!

No need to hate on the kid. Not really a game changer if you’re a bitter type. He came to Miami when he had options and didn’t really have to. If we’re moving in a different direction defensively he very well could have been advised that it wasn’t in his best interest to stay. Kid gave it his all, best of luck

Advertisement
Back