Need help finding a 2 bedroom for Steed and Jennings!!!

Advertisement
Do you mean $1200 per person or total? I'd bet they get enough money from the school to cover at least $1k/month per player, I know this because the standard apartment in the UV comes out to $12-13K per person for the entire school year, and they definitely cover that cost. So if it isn't coming out of pocket, and the school is completely covering it, might as well get in a good apartment/house which would be at least >$2k/month since you have 2 ppl staying there. And if they really do get up to double for off campus housing, that means you can get an apartment for up to $4k/month without having to spend anything yourself. But honestly, you should see if they'd want to add another person or two. Because you'll get a better deal with 3 ppl or 4 than 2.

I know Gables Ponce is pretty expensive, something like $3k/month for a 2 bedroom, but it is very nice. Though, They have like 3 bedrooms for like $4k/month too. The more people you have living with you the cheaper it'll be. Also, It's pretty close. https://www.gables.com/communities/florida/coral-gables/gables-ponce/#amenities

600-800 per person total, my bad.

Do you mean $1200 per person or total? I'd bet they get enough money from the school to cover at least $1k/month per player, I know this because the standard apartment in the UV comes out to $12-13K per person for the entire school year, and they definitely cover that cost. So if it isn't coming out of pocket, and the school is completely covering it, might as well get in a good apartment/house which would be at least >$2k/month since you have 2 ppl staying there. And if they really do get up to double for off campus housing, that means you can get an apartment for up to $4k/month without having to spend anything yourself. But honestly, you should see if they'd want to add another person or two. Because you'll get a better deal with 3 ppl or 4 than 2.

I know Gables Ponce is pretty expensive, something like $3k/month for a 2 bedroom, but it is very nice. Though, They have like 3 bedrooms for like $4k/month too. The more people you have living with you the cheaper it'll be. Also, It's pretty close. https://www.gables.com/communities/florida/coral-gables/gables-ponce/#amenities

Yeah, they were trying to get Amari Carter but he rooming with Deejay Dallas I think. Navaughn already rooming with another O-linemen. All the early enrollees pretty much got they rooming situation finalized.

Last edited:
Mr. Steed,

How is your son doing with the knee?

Will he be practicing on Tuesday?

He is fully cleared but the trainers are taking it slow working him back into full contact. He will most likely go through individuals with the LB group but will not join in any full contact during camp.

Yeah, they were trying to Amari Carter but he rooming with Deejay Dallas I think. Navaughn already rooming with another O-linemen. All the early enrollees pretty much got they rooming situation finalized.

ah. is it too late for them to room with one of the other pairs? The more people in a house, the more fun the house, and the better the deal.
Well don't rush into things with an off campus house/apartment and just take some ****** place because the cost is good. It's not going to kill them to be on campus for a year. Plus with their schedule they probably wont be in their rooms too often, or will just straight up be at other peoples houses most of the time. TBH, it's better to be in the dorms as a frosh anyways, even though the dorms were kinda ****, the experience made it worth it.

Advertisement

Yeah, they were trying to Amari Carter but he rooming with Deejay Dallas I think. Navaughn already rooming with another O-linemen. All the early enrollees pretty much got they rooming situation finalized.

ah. is it too late for them to room with one of the other pairs? The more people in a house, the more fun the house, and the better the deal.
Well don't rush into things with an off campus house/apartment and just take some ****ty place because the cost is good. It's not going to kill them to be on campus for a year. Plus with their schedule they probably wont be in their rooms too often, or will just straight up be at other peoples houses most of the time. TBH, it's better to be in the dorms as a frosh anyways, even though the dorms were kinda ****, the experience made it worth it.

I think the biggest reason they want to move off is for the extra stipend. I am trying to persuade him to stay one more semester but they keep talking about the money. Right now they are getting about 600 per month per player and if they move off, they will get about 2100 per month per player.

Well don't rush into things with an off campus house/apartment and just take some ****ty place because the cost is good. It's not going to kill them to be on campus for a year. Plus with their schedule they probably wont be in their rooms too often, or will just straight up be at other peoples houses most of the time. TBH, it's better to be in the dorms as a frosh anyways, even though the dorms were kinda ****, the experience made it worth it.

I think the biggest reason they want to move off is for the extra stipend. I am trying to persuade him to stay one more semester but they keep talking about the money. Right now they are getting about 600 per month per player and if they move off, they will get about 2100 per month per player.

Gotcha. Can that stipend be used for anything? if it can ONLY be spent on rent, better get the nicest place you can.
If it can be spent anyway Id say **** it get a cheap place close to campus that has good AC, buy a good bed (or at least a good bed pad, this is really important), and get a car if they don't have one already - If they pay $500/month on a car they could get close to paying off a Challenger or something by the time they graduate.
Don't waste your money on paying for cable or anything just get some solid internet and netflix. the house will basically just be to sleep at. Guaranteed they'll spend most of their time at other peoples places, on campus, or at the Hecht.

Advertisement
Gables Point in the $1600's my boy lives there with his girl. Good thing is each room got its own bathroom plus a bathroom downstairs, it's pretty straight

Man ya'll rent is cheap. Brody, in Cali, nice parts of Cali that is, that $2300 may get you a studio at best, and that's pushing it.

Advertisement
Mr. Steed,

How is your son doing with the knee?

Will he be practicing on Tuesday?

He is fully cleared but the trainers are taking it slow working him back into full contact. He will most likely go through individuals with the LB group but will not join in any full contact during camp.

High hopes for what your son can do once fully ready to go. Think he's too often overlooked - probably because of the knee injury. Curious to see if they too see him as a WLB. Would love to see his size/speed/aggression being used in that role.

Aviva, modera, and merrick park are all pretty nice and in Coral Gables

Double the budget

Man, I wish we had it like that. That's more than my mortgage lol!!! Thanks for suggesting, they might have to just stay on campus another semester and stack their bread but you can't tell these kids nothing when they got their minds made up already.

i remember when I was that way.

Then you learn.

I rolled my eyes when my old man would talk about how he knew more because of experience. I didn't value his experience. Experience was just a meaningless boring word back then. Then you find out just how smart your parents are.

They'll learn. We all do. Then we repeat the cycle and try to give our kids the benefit of our experience.

We have four kids. My favorite thing to tell them in their teens was, "Hurry up and move out while you still know everything."

Wayne looking for Shaq we could only find 1900 - 2300

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Who is he rooming with, or is he planning to stay by himself? I found some stuff online (1600-1800) and forwarded the information to them but I'm waiting for feedback.

Advertisement

Gotcha. Can that stipend be used for anything? if it can ONLY be spent on rent, better get the nicest place you can.
If it can be spent anyway Id say **** it get a cheap place close to campus that has good AC, buy a good bed (or at least a good bed pad, this is really important), and get a car if they don't have one already - If they pay $500/month on a car they could get close to paying off a Challenger or something by the time they graduate.
Don't waste your money on paying for cable or anything just get some solid internet and netflix. the house will basically just be to sleep at. Guaranteed they'll spend most of their time at other peoples places, on campus, or at the Hecht.

Yes, they may use the stipend as they see fit.

Man ya'll rent is cheap. Brody, in Cali, nice parts of Cali that is, that $2300 may get you a studio at best, and that's pushing it.

I'm lucky because I live in Houston now and you can get a really good 2 bedroom for about $1500 a month.

The amount of the signing bonus will determine if they can afford Merrick Rd... can't afford it over there on the Rookie Salary

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back