Need assistance with Pics of Miami getting screwed

Look at the video that @pacusmc posted on the first page of this thread.

While it is not from the "pylon cam" as we had with the F$U pictures, we can still figure out quite a bit.

First, it was the North Carolina game, with Drake Maye, not the Clemson game.

Second, Maye had the ball in both hands. He was rocking it back and forth as he ran. The ball clearly went across the line as he was tripped. But it doesn't matter where his FEET were, it only matters where the BALL was.

Most importantly...no matter how one tries to slice/dice it...the ball was NOT on the one yard line when the tackle began (and make no mistake, the ball was absolutely spotted at the one yard line, not the one foot line or the one inch line).
So 3 safeties lol

Advertisement
ACC officials wouldn’t even clarify a missed call the announcers inquired about during a game. Just left them hanging. Doubt they cared to explain themselves after the fact on this one.
Really mind boggling. At the least Mario should have been going ape **** on the sidelines.

Can anyone explain to me how one becomes an NCAA ref? Do they come from the high school ranks like a farm system?

Do they get graded individually by an independent group and held accountable like any other job?

This year was ******* bad. Not just our games either. I mean if you cant even get it right with the type of video/technology access they have then wtf are we doing with the review system.

Advertisement
View attachment 268011

The ball is down where the tackle began.

Section 5. Safety

How Scored—ARTICLE 1

Approved Ruling 8-5-1

I. A10, after receiving the snap in his own end zone, is downed with the ball resting on his goal line, its forward point being in the field of play. RULING: Safety. A part of the dead ball is on the ball carrier’s goal line.

Any part of the dead ball on the goal line results in a safety.

View attachment 268011

The ball is down where the tackle began.

Section 5. Safety

How Scored—ARTICLE 1

Approved Ruling 8-5-1

I. A10, after receiving the snap in his own end zone, is downed with the ball resting on his goal line, its forward point being in the field of play. RULING: Safety. A part of the dead ball is on the ball carrier’s goal line.

Any part of the dead ball on the goal line results in a safety.
it looks like just a fraction of a second before your pic, when Wes's hand touched Travis, the ball may have been completely out of the end zone.. see pic...

Attachments

• fsu.jpg
    fsu.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
it looks like just a fraction of a second before your pic, when Wes's hand touched Travis, the ball may have been completely out of the end zone.. see pic...

And you are full of ****.

Watch the videos from all angles.

Wes's hand comes over the shoulder and begins to come down, but doesn't make contact until Travis has rocked the ball backward and into the end zone. Travis rocks the ball backwards and tucks it to his left hip in anticipation of the contact.

Watch the video and stop acting like an F$U fan. It's nothing personal, but when you look at the fake memes they created...well, you're suspect...

Like this one, claiming a false "forward progress" for "heading downfield" when Travis was clearly running into the end zone:

1701121936072.png

Oh, and Wesley hasn't touched Travis at this point. Watch the video.

Besides, this isn't two-hand-touch. It's where the tackle begins, not just where there is the first skin-to-skin contact. When Wesley begins to grab Travis's shoulder and pull him down, THAT is where the tackle begins.

QBs get hit ALL THE TIME in the pocket, and you don't simply spot the ball at the very first point of contact. It depends on what action constitutes the tackle, not just little love-taps.

Advertisement
And you are full of ****.

Watch the videos from all angles.

Wes's hand comes over the shoulder and begins to come down, but doesn't make contact until Travis has rocked the ball backward and into the end zone. Travis rocks the ball backwards and tucks it to his left hip in anticipation of the contact.

Watch the video and stop acting like an F$U fan. It's nothing personal, but when you look at the fake memes they created...well, you're suspect...

Like this one, claiming a false "forward progress" for "heading downfield" when Travis was clearly running into the end zone:

View attachment 268020

Oh, and Wesley hasn't touched Travis at this point. Watch the video.
I pulled this from a GIF I got here and edited myself. You need to calm down with your accusations. I haven't looked at any of their memes. I don't visit FSU sites. You can see the pic I posted a week or 2 ago without the red line (I added it today myself).
I'll watch the video but to me it looks like Wes hand is touching him in this pic/video.

Please stop with your F$U-favorable interpretations.

This is the point where Wesley's arm initiates a TACKLING motion on Travis's arm. Before that, Wesley was swiping at the ball, but this is the point where Wesley begins to tackle Travis. The ball is now past his second jersey number and even with his hip. The ball is on the line and/or in the end zone.

Again, this is not two-hand touch. Where does the tackle begin, when Wesley begins to pull down on Travis's arm in the motion of tackling him.

1701122547211.png

Advertisement
I pulled this from a GIF I got here and edited myself. You need to calm down with your accusations. I haven't looked at any of their memes. I don't visit FSU sites. You can see the pic I posted a week or 2 ago without the red line (I added it today myself).
I'll watch the video but to me it looks like Wes hand is touching him in this pic/video.

You took the exact picture that F$U fans are circulating for the false claim of "forward progress", at a point where Wes has not even touched Travis yet. Is it about to happen? Yes.

But, again, WATCH THE VIDEO. Wesley swipes at the ball and then gets Travis's arm instead, which is when the tackle begins.

The ball is not down when the first pinky contacts the first hair follicle. It's when the tackle begins. At that point, the further tackling motion cannot push the player and/or the ball any deeper into the end zone.

It's still a safety.

This needs to be plastered on every social media platform, with tags of officials and ACC people. Ditto with emails to them.

The campaign must be broad and deep.

We must win public opinion, or make it so impossible to ignore.

Publicize!

You took the exact picture that F$U fans are circulating for the false claim of "forward progress", at a point where Wes has not even touched Travis yet. Is it about to happen? Yes.

But, again, WATCH THE VIDEO. Wesley swipes at the ball and then gets Travis's arm instead, which is when the tackle begins.

The ball is not down when the first pinky contacts the first hair follicle. It's when the tackle begins. At that point, the further tackling motion cannot push the player and/or the ball any deeper into the end zone.

It's still a safety.
Even the announcer said if that's not a safety then I don't know what is.

Here, you want some more bull****?

We are sitting here debating over where the ball was, as if a referee actually saw the play and made a minor error of judgment.

But, yeah, that never happened. The non-safety was made by a ref BEHIND the play who couldn't see ****.

Meanwhile, he had EVERY OTHER INDICIA of a safety, where the offensive player was standing (in the end zone), where the tackler was (in the end zone), where the players landed (in the end zone) and where the ball was at the end of the tackle (in the end zone).

But he had NO superior angle or grounds for making a call that the ball was ENTIRELY outside the end zone, outside of his desire NOT to award Miami with the safety.

What, we are supposed to believe that the ref had some Six Million Dollar Man reverse angle eyeballs that spotted Travis rocking the ball back and forth into the end zone as Wesley began to tackle him?

Come on, now. Look at that picture and tell me how the ref called this down at the 1 yard line.

1701123119631.png

Advertisement
Back