Need assistance with Pics of Miami getting screwed

Where's the Mario being hired Pic?

I'm kidding, but figured it would be in here. Sort of kidding, honestly thought we'd be better. I hoped for a shot at the playoffs once or twice a decade with him as a career coach. ****, I'd be happy with that at this point.

Advertisement
1701118677095.png

The ball is down where the tackle began.

Section 5. Safety

How Scored—ARTICLE 1

Approved Ruling 8-5-1

I. A10, after receiving the snap in his own end zone, is downed with the ball resting on his goal line, its forward point being in the field of play. RULING: Safety. A part of the dead ball is on the ball carrier’s goal line.

Any part of the dead ball on the goal line results in a safety.

You really don’t need pictures when you have stats. 13 in conference games where the opposing offensive line committed zero penalties.
The next power five team, with the same in conference metrics only has three.

that’s not a statistical outlier that’s blatant, obvious and intentional.
I know for a fact UNC had penalties so not sure on accuracy.

Advertisement
For the people analyzing the two safeties...

Stop looking at the feet. Look at the ball.

In both situations, Maye and Travis were running in a fashion where they were rocking the ball back and forth. In both situations, when the tackle BEGAN, they had rocked the ball backward into the end zone.

BOTH tackles began with the ball either ON the end zone line (see my rules section above) or just behind the end zone line. BUT NOT ON THE ONE YARD LINE.

Stop looking at the feet and look at where the ball is WHEN THE TACKLE BEGINS. Everything else is just a distraction.

Both tackles were safeties. Clear safeties. Doesn't matter where the feet were when the tackles began, both QBs were retreating and both QBs rocked the ball back into the end zone in an attempt to evade being tackled.

SAFETY. In both cases. If called correctly and reviewed properly.

Advertisement
For the people analyzing the two safeties...

Stop looking at the feet. Look at the ball.

In both situations, Maye and Travis were running in a fashion where they were rocking the ball back and forth. In both situations, when the tackle BEGAN, they had rocked the ball backward into the end zone.

BOTH tackles began with the ball either ON the end zone line (see my rules section above) or just behind the end zone line. BUT NOT ON THE ONE YARD LINE.

Stop looking at the feet and look at where the ball is WHEN THE TACKLE BEGINS. Everything else is just a distraction.

Both tackles were safeties. Clear safeties. Doesn't matter where the feet were when the tackles began, both QBs were retreating and both QBs rocked the ball back into the end zone in an attempt to evade being tackled.

SAFETY. In both cases. If called correctly and reviewed properly.

Yeah the Clemson one was closer, but he had the ball in his left hand which entered the end zone. Had he had the ball in his other hand that one may not have been a safety. The FSU call was much worse.

View attachment 268007
Refs: “obvious first down”

Yes, they did.

If you notice, the new trend for referees is to simply wave the sticks to be moved forward whenever it is fairly close on a first down. You RARELY see a measurement any longer, unless it is a 3rd/4th down short yardage situation.

Here's what a lot of people fail to understand.

"Forward progress" is not the farthest spot you attain. It all depends upon whether the ball carrier retreats in an effort to evade a tackle and/or pick up more yardage.

In this case, the receiver was CLOSE to a first down, but then tried not to be tackled. But was, in fact, tackled, after he chose to retreat a bit.

The reason for the rule is very simple. You can't "pick up a first down" and then gamble by running backwards in an attempt to gain more yardage, under the faulty assumption that "hey, it's not a gamble, I'll get forward progress for my earlier position which I abandoned in an effort to make even more yardage".

That's not how the rules of football work.

In this case, the runner is down where the tackle begins. Which is at least 1-2 yards short of the first down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah the Clemson one was closer, but he had the ball in his left hand which entered the end zone. Had he had the ball in his other hand that one may not have been a safety. The FSU call was much worse.

Look at the video that @pacusmc posted on the first page of this thread.

While it is not from the "pylon cam" as we had with the F$U pictures, we can still figure out quite a bit.

First, it was the North Carolina game, with Drake Maye, not the Clemson game.

Second, Maye had the ball in both hands. He was rocking it back and forth as he ran. The ball clearly went across the line as he was tripped. But it doesn't matter where his FEET were, it only matters where the BALL was.

Most importantly...no matter how one tries to slice/dice it...the ball was NOT on the one yard line when the tackle began (and make no mistake, the ball was absolutely spotted at the one yard line, not the one foot line or the one inch line).

Advertisement
Back