Need another RB in this class....

I wouldn't sleep on Gus. Kid ran a little high but he's a bruiser that was hand picked by Coley to play in his offense. I thought he played alright at the end of the season too.

Gus was not remotely a bruiser. He's pretty elusive, but needs to lower his pad level, as so many have stated. Until he does that, he's going to keep getting pushed back. Bruiser backs push the pile, not the reverse.

Advertisement
We gotta land 2 studs next year not just 1.

Sorry, but as many of us have been preaching all year, we need 2 stud RB recruits this year. In addition to insufficient depth next year, wait until 2015, when Duke is gone.

That's why it's so dissappointing that we lost out on Cook, Michel, and Powell, especially the first two.

Golden's RB recruiting here has been a MASSIVE fail. It's a bigger fail than his pathetic DT recruiting because RBs grow on trees down here unlike DTs. LULZ at all the clowns who sloughed off losing Cook. And before anyone says, "You can't force them to stay here," you **** sure can make it much more appealing for them to stay here by not fielding a laughingstock team. Pick it, Fats!

Advertisement
I don't feel comfortable with that fact that in spring our healthy backs are a plodder and a kid whose best position might not even be RB.

I wouldn't sleep on Gus. Kid ran a little high but he's a bruiser that was hand picked by Coley to play in his offense. I thought he played alright at the end of the season too.

Dont take this the wrong way but do you watch the games? I personally think that Gus is a solid prospect that should grow into a decent RB eventually here but he just isnt a bruiser. If anything I think he is more of a finesse runner. I saw him get knocked back way too many times, hardly ever falling forward, and I dont see him trying to initiate contact.

You go stand in front of him & try to tackle him.... Then tell me if he's a bruiser or not. He just doesn't drop his pad level well. When he does you're not stopping him.

353.gif

What's wrong with you? Im not stopping anybody, Im a fan not a player, dont get all butt hurt about the truth. He isnt a bruiser, and isn't just pad level, which by the way isnt an automatic thing you just fix, otherwise no one would run like that in the first place. Im talking about the drive in his legs when he first gets contact, it wasnt there. He never falls forward, when you see the kid, you expect him to get an additional yard or two when he is about to get tackled and then are stunned to see him get driven back by either a LB or worse a DB. I still think that the kid has decent talent though, he aint Danny Dillard. Kid has wiggle, and can move. I just find it comical how anytime a RB is bigger its just assumed they are a bruiser. Brandon Jacobs is a prime example.

Advertisement
If we offer McKnight he will probably come. Was originally supposed to graduate in 2015 and would have been very highly regarded. He is flying under the radar. He would be a great commitment

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back