Need another RB in this class....

Mico Jones

Positivity!
Banned
Preferably a stud

Preferably a bigger back to go with our midgets

Is it gonna happen?

Who's it gonna be?

Wish there was something we could to change Sony's mind.

Advertisement
Herald reporting Duke will be out all of spring and till fall prax. With Yearby being injured, we are going to need another back just for spring prax purposes.

Dallas.. Gus ... And tucker ain't gonna cut the mustard.

well I think we got a few decent walk-ons...the kid from iowa...

man we are really depleted with a healthy yearby and duke...

Looks like we will be recruiting 2 more backs next year...but our schollies maybe limited...

Man, people tried to say that our RB situation was not great. RBs get injured and banged up, that is why you need a stable not just a couple of guys.

Advertisement
well I think we got a few decent walk-ons...the kid from iowa...

man we are really depleted with a healthy yearby and duke...

Looks like we will be recruiting 2 more backs next year...but our schollies maybe limited...

We can't wait til next year. Our two most talented backs(Duke,Yearby) are hurt.

I wouldn't sleep on Gus. Kid ran a little high but he's a bruiser that was hand picked by Coley to play in his offense. I thought he played alright at the end of the season too.

I wouldn't sleep on Gus. Kid ran a little high but he's a bruiser that was hand picked by Coley to play in his offense. I thought he played alright at the end of the season too.

I thought he was Meh. I like his size but he runs too high and you don't see him move the pile like you would expect from someone his size.

Advertisement
Might be worth it to have Corn Elder switch positions to RB, especially in the admittedly unlikely scenario of J.C. Jackson choosing Miami on NSD to bolster our secondary. But then again, Elder's recovering from a torn meniscus in his knee that's preventing him from playing on the basketball team this year.

you dont have a guy that will log lot of mins switch positons.

elder might be a starter at cb for us in spots next yr....he looked real good @ cb.

i think they'll land a rb in this class...seems to be looking for a bigger back....

Dont take this the wrong way but do you watch the games? I personally think that Gus is a solid prospect that should grow into a decent RB eventually here but he just isnt a bruiser. If anything I think he is more of a finesse runner. I saw him get knocked back way too many times, hardly ever falling forward, and I dont see him trying to initiate contact.

Advertisement

Dont take this the wrong way but do you watch the games? I personally think that Gus is a solid prospect that should grow into a decent RB eventually here but he just isnt a bruiser. If anything I think he is more of a finesse runner. I saw him get knocked back way too many times, hardly ever falling forward, and I dont see him trying to initiate contact.

I've seen that too and I don't think the comparisons to Daniel Thomas are that far off but he did commit to FSU as a FB and his high school film was that of a bruiser. I think a offseason in the weight room could alleviate some of the getting knocked back ****.

I've seen that too and I don't think the comparisons to Daniel Thomas are that far off but he did commit to FSU as a FB and his high school film was that of a bruiser. I think a offseason in the weight room could alleviate some of the getting knocked back ****.

Dude is 220 plus. Hitting the weight room isn't gonna help. He has a high center of gravity and he doesn't run with forward lean. His leg drive is mediocre.

The only thing keeping him from a switch to lb is pretty good vision and feet.

Mico, I also think that Gus can move pretty **** good for a guy his size. A poor poor man's version of najeh......

Advertisement

Dude is 220 plus. Hitting the weight room isn't gonna help. He has a high center of gravity and he doesn't run with forward lean. His leg drive is mediocre.

220lbs is SMALL for a FB. **** Bama has a guy that is a pure RB at 240lbs.

I hear what everyone is saying, but I'm gonna side with you, the sky's the limit with him. I'm a big fan.

220lbs is SMALL for a FB. **** Bama has a guy that is a pure RB at 240lbs.

That's an anomaly at Rb and 220 can be just fine for a fullback look at FSUs Lonnie Pryor.

It ain't about size it's about the power you generate when running. Freemon from FSU runs with far more power and balance than Gus at 195 lbs.

Gus is ok. A decent backup like Dallas.

But a far cry from a workhorse back.

Mico, I also think that Gus can move pretty **** good for a guy his size. A poor poor man's version of najeh......

Poor indeed. Najeh could have dominated as a tailback before the knee injury.

Gus moves well no doubt. I just wish he would drive through tacklers more.

Advertisement
Back