Need another RB in this class....

Average? LOL, OK

Not saddling Yearby with anything more than expecting him to be more than average and productive. I haven't said he's a gamebreaker, that remains to be seen.

Okay so why are we above average then? Duke is a stud we got that, but Gus didn't do anything more than average last year, I like Dallas but he didn't look special last year, and Yearby remains to be seen... I'm trying to figure out where you get the idea that our RB group is anything special.

One RB doesn't make a team in today's college football, so even with as good as Duke is, we need someone special behind him and we've lost 3 of the 4 best out of SFL lately...

Advertisement
Trayone Gray.

That's all I was gonna reply to this thread, but you beat me to it.

I had no hopes of Gray qualifying, and I'm still very wary, but then I read an article somewhere about Gray doing double time, maybe with some online classes?, to qualify and offering reassurances that he's got a specific plan to qualify this year. But who knows -- kids BS about that grade stuff all the time.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Advertisement
I wouldn't sleep on Gus. Kid ran a little high but he's a bruiser that was hand picked by Coley to play in his offense. I thought he played alright at the end of the season too.

Dont take this the wrong way but do you watch the games? I personally think that Gus is a solid prospect that should grow into a decent RB eventually here but he just isnt a bruiser. If anything I think he is more of a finesse runner. I saw him get knocked back way too many times, hardly ever falling forward, and I dont see him trying to initiate contact.

I've seen that too and I don't think the comparisons to Daniel Thomas are that far off but he did commit to FSU as a FB and his high school film was that of a bruiser. I think a offseason in the weight room could alleviate some of the getting knocked back ****.

Dude is 220 plus. Hitting the weight room isn't gonna help. He has a high center of gravity and he doesn't run with forward lean. His leg drive is mediocre.

The only thing keeping him from a switch to lb is pretty good vision and feet.

Not sure if serious. Im not a Gus fan but to say that time in the weight room isnt going to help a true freshman is a bit ridiculous, no?

Point is (I am complaining again):
-How the FACK do you go in to the spring with an unproven big back
-an "ATHLETE" at running back and the rest walk-ons when you work in the HOTT BED of recruiting

That's inexcusable...YOU will NEVER be elite that way...that's terrible mismanagement and poor roster management
it says a lot about your recruiting...only schools like Maryland and Pitt have 1 good backs...other elite programs have a stable
we have 1 horse...

I'm not pro or anti golden but you are correct it's makes no sense to me that being in miami or even the state of florida to only have one solid back on your team, or going to New York to get a RB that your rival only wanted him as a fullback, yearby is just young and unproven he should add some depth behind duke

Both Duke and Yearby will be fine come Summer. Plenty of time to train hard, so relax man...

well I think we got a few decent walk-ons...the kid from iowa...

man we are really depleted with a healthy yearby and duke...

Looks like we will be recruiting 2 more backs next year...but our schollies maybe limited...

We can't wait til next year. Our two most talented backs(Duke,Yearby) are hurt.

Advertisement
good thing we did not play with the NCAA over of head the past few years. Also, I'm sure adding Yearby and another year in the system by Gus will not be better than OT was for us last year. Man what will we do!!

I think people are letting their disgust for the programs general position seep into their judgment of individual units. RB's are the least of this team's worries. Duke and Yearby will both be good to go by fall, add those guys to Gus and Dallas, and I guarantee you 90% of programs would give single ********s to have that kind of stable of backs. We also don't know who else will be added by fall. I think the transfer kid from Iowa could emerge to round out our rotation. I'm not worried about this unit.

One thing, Duke went down last year and our hopes died. We need more RBs. Love Joe but we need more. Ones we have didn't cut it as main guy.

Advertisement
Duke and Yearby will be fine by fall. Breaks aren't like ligaments.

That said, RB depth isn't where it should be at Miami. Its been a problem for a long time.

So Duke, Gus, and Joe as the top 3 isn't good enough?

It's nothing special. I don't expect a gore, Portis, mcgahee backfield but duke is the only one that's proven. People blamed us not winning the costal on duke getting hurt and Miami should never have a RB that ahead of everyone else at the position no matter how special one player is

People may have blamed the drop off on the Duke injury, but it just isn't true.

Bottom line is no one knows how Duke and Yearby will perform coming off these injuries. The question is not whether they will be available to play, but whether they will look like the same players they were, by the 2014 season. I don't know, and it makes me nervous.

Advertisement
This is how we know golden isn't a good coach. If you can't have good RB or WR depth at Miami, you're a complete failure.

Lamar left early
Mike was mike
Storm and darion were kicked off

Lockhart left like an idiot
Jones cant sniff the field
Carter was kicked off

That is not all Goldens fault. Ill agree he has wiffed on a few recruits, but all is not his doing.
All three WRs you mentioned were his recruits but that's not his fault? OK.

In regards to RB, replenish the system. Duke is duke obviously and I like Gus alright but other than that our RB depth is terrible and he's had three years to fix that so I don't know what you're tying to say

We played at 76 scholarship players last year and we took a small recruiting class.
For whatever reason we played 10% down last year! you have to see that those 9 unused scholarships have greatly affected depth.

Our overall running back talent is slightly better than average, let's say a solid B. Top teams are proving you can't get through a season with one elite back. Just think Alabama, Georgia and FSU, for now. You best have a rotation of 2-3 studs.
Point is, as stated throughout thread, we seriously need another back in this class.
Duke and Yearby will be limited until fall. Love what Crawford brings and believe in Gus' potential, but this is a position where injuries can hit in a hurry. Also no way Duke returns for a senior year if he has a solid junior season.

I wouldn't sleep on Gus. Kid ran a little high but he's a bruiser that was hand picked by Coley to play in his offense. I thought he played alright at the end of the season too.

Dont take this the wrong way but do you watch the games? I personally think that Gus is a solid prospect that should grow into a decent RB eventually here but he just isnt a bruiser. If anything I think he is more of a finesse runner. I saw him get knocked back way too many times, hardly ever falling forward, and I dont see him trying to initiate contact.

You go stand in front of him & try to tackle him.... Then tell me if he's a bruiser or not. He just doesn't drop his pad level well. When he does you're not stopping him.

Advertisement
Back