ND and Clemson still in.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
The games need to matter.

I don't think UF would destroy any team in the ACC not named Clemson.

aTm's resume isn't better than Notre Dame. ND splitting with Clemson is more impressive than aTm getting rolled by Alabama and beating a 3-loss UF team.
We obviously disagree about aTm and UF. And I don’t put much value on a split where they literally played a different team. That’s like me saying Buster Douglas is a better boxer than Tyson because Douglas beat Tyson.

And UF lost to a 3-5 LSU team. UNC is more than capable of beating UF. UF would certainly be a favorite but the teams match up well. Point is both the SEC and ACC have one team that is clearly the best, Bama & Clemson respectively, then 2 teams (TAMU, UF, ND, UNC) that are inconsistent but capable of beating most teams when they are firing on all cylinders. You can probably add UGA to that list now that they have a QB. So that's 4 to 3 in terms of conference depth. Now I know this next point will be controversial, but I happen to think if Miami had a better coaching staff it would fall into that second tier and the conferences would be 4-4. If you swapped Mullen and Diaz, Miami is likely putting up ridiculous offensive numbers and a 1 loss team (still losing to Clemson but beating UNC) while UF is a 4 loss team (same losses including UGA) , on the brink of being a 5 loss after the bowl.
LSU is better comparatively. I would expect LSU to hammer UNC as well. Yes, even at 3-5.

Yes, your scenario is a bit controversial because comparing win-loss records between conferences is … unhelpful. Had Oregon gone undefeated would you pick them straight up against 2-loss UGA? I wouldn’t because records only matter if they’re all playing the same teams and they’re not. Records are a gauge, but in a year when the SEC clearly played the best ball, they’re being penalized. Anyway, you know I’m ****ed because one team got in.

And where are you getting these losses from? lol. aTm, LSU, AL … where are these 4th and 5th losses? Lmao

And where are you getting these losses from? lol. aTm, LSU, AL …

If Diaz is coaching UF? Definitely losing to LSU, TAMU, Bama. You disagree? I think he would lose to UGA as well. Backup QBs are his kryptonite. So that's 4. Then the bowl game. At this point his team would be suffering from mental and emotional exhaustion. You think he'd get a good effort out of the team in a bowl game?

Advertisement
If Diaz is coaching UF? Definitely losing to LSU, TAMU, Bama. You disagree? I think he would lose to UGA as well. Backup QBs are his kryptonite. So that's 4. Then the bowl game. At this point his team would be suffering from mental and emotional exhaustion. You think he'd get a good effort out of the team in a bowl game?
Unfortunately, there’s not much faith I have in Diaz at this point. I do hope he can turn it around but part of me knows better. He doesn’t do a better job with UF than Mullen, but no ACuCk team aside from Clemson survives the SEC.

it’s easy to order teams and SAY that they correspond with each other across conferences but it doesn’t work that way — to me. If the two conferences were combined for this year only the “#2” ACuCk team wouldn’t make the top-5 and UNC wouldn’t make the top-10. In fact, I don’t think the “#2” m could go undefeated in the SEC if Alabama, UGA, UF and aTm were removed.

Notre dame and ohio will both get destroyed in the playoffs i knew notre dame was in for an *** kicking this time around and they will lose by 30 minimum to alabama and not to impressed with ohio state i see a 17 point or better clemson win

Advertisement
ND should kick back some of that playoff money to all ACC teams.

Without ACC they wouldn't have had a season

All revenue earned through ND's NBC contract and the ACC revenue is jointly shared between all ACC schools including ND for this season. It directly benefits Miami financially to have 2 ACC teams in the CFP.

All revenue earned through ND's NBC contract and the ACC revenue is jointly shared between all ACC schools including ND for this season. It directly benefits Miami financially to have 2 ACC teams in the CFP.
Hopefully we use some of that extra cash on a stud DC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back