ND and Clemson still in.

Advertisement
Nah.

They're a CFP darling, like OSU. If they have a halfway decent season they'll find a way to put them into the Playoff picture.
Probably right, they are probably just trying to find things to justify their decision when they had already decided who was going.

Advertisement
Anyone fancy hastening that along and taking one for the team?
ND should kick back some of that playoff money to all ACC teams.

Without ACC they wouldn't have had a season
I believe they have to, I mean the ACC commissioner couldn't be that stupid, could he?
If ND has to revenue share as part of their single season agreement, then this could be a "Win" for UM. There are 4 big payouts here that Miami will get a piece of: The a$$ beating Bama puts on ND, the a$$ beating Clemson puts on Taint, then the Championship game between Satan and Dabo, then throw in the Tarholes in the OB.
Cannot believe Swofford could be THAT stupid.

Notre Dame should not be in the playoffs. I don't care about their OT win; Trevor wasn't the QB.

They got beat by 3+ touchdowns. They should NOT be in consideration and it's an absolute farce that they are.

Exactly what I was thinking. When both teams are healthy there’s obviously a gap and it’s no even close. Don’t need to see them get blown out again to prove it.

Notre Dame should not be in the playoffs. I don't care about their OT win; Trevor wasn't the QB.

They got beat by 3+ touchdowns. They should NOT be in consideration and it's an absolute farce that they are.
Actually ND got beat as badly or worse then we did and we played Clemson at their home field with Lawrence and their game on a neutral field they were further behind at the half then we were. I wish we had beat NC. we would've got killed but had a chance at playing for the NC or definitely the Orange Bowl. We might have even played ND. Looks like Texas has the option to play us or go to another bowl.

So who should be in? Texas A&M. Bama beat them by 28 points. Regardless of ND won, the resume says they beat Clemson. A&M has no such claim. Take the hate out of the equation ND has a better argument

Advertisement
So who should be in? Texas A&M. Bama beat them by 28 points. Regardless of ND won, the resume says they beat Clemson. A&M has no such claim. Take the hate out of the equation ND has a better argument

I view the two losses differently. BAMA was the second game of their season, ND just got their doors blown off by a playoff team the game before the playoffs. This was their shot to show they deserved it. If they had lost a close one then I agree with them over ATM. They weren't even competitive and don't deserve the last spot IMO.

I view the two losses differently. BAMA was the second game of their season, ND just got their doors blown off by a playoff team the game before the playoffs. This was their shot to show they deserved it. If they had lost a close one then I agree with them over ATM. They weren't even competitive and don't deserve the last spot IMO.
A&M was not competitive either and doesn't have a better win than beating a Clemson

Advertisement
They claimed that ND beating the #13 UNC was one of the reasons they chose ND over A&M, so Miami indirectly helped boost their resume by losing to UNC...
TX A&M beat #7 UF and lost to Bama in similar fashion as ND did to Clemson...I just don’t see how you out ND in there with that asterisk win over Clemson

A&M doesn't have a complaint with ND getting in. Their complaint should be with OSU and the fact they didn't play many games and did not look good at all in their so called Championship game.

Everyone in this argument is both right and wrong since really no correct answer. Starting at #7 or #8, where the two loss team start, there always seems to be a one loss team left out. IMO need 8 teams to include the lower conference winner who may be undefeated. If you expand also allows for a team w/o a few starters for some reason early on to recover from those losses. Georgia comes to mind because I graduated from there.

But just an opinion.

Advertisement
ND beating Clemson w/o Lawrence is still more impressive than Taint beating Indiana or Northwestern IMO. Taint getting in at all with only 6 games is horse**** after the B1G did everything it could to cancel the entire season back in August, but there's no way they weren't getting in without a loss.

Advertisement
Back