ND and Clemson still in.

ND beating Clemson w/o Lawrence is still more impressive than Taint beating Indiana or Northwestern IMO. Taint getting in at all with only 6 games is horse**** after the B1G did everything it could to cancel the entire season back in August, but there's no way they weren't getting in without a loss.
OSU being in is a bigger farce than ND

Advertisement
Does this year bring in a bigger reason for expanding playoffs. If it was 8 teams there would still be arguments the 9th or above team should be in. 16 team playoff it would be arguing the 17th team should be in

Any team you put at 4 is getting steamrolled. It doesn't matter.

Notre Dame had a good 1-loss season with a big keynote win over Clemson. They are more than deserving, especially over the alternatives. 1-loss aTm whose best win is over 3-loss Florida but didn't even play in their championship game? Cincinnati is a worthy undefeated G5 team, but they'd get rolled, too. Coastal Carolina? See Cincinnati. Oklahoma? Been there, done that. Oregon? Would be worse than Oklahoma.

Notre Dame has earned the right to get rolled.

Notre Dame had a good 1-loss season with a big keynote win over Clemson. They are more than deserving, especially over the alternatives. 1-loss aTm whose best win is over 3-loss Florida but didn't even play in their championship game? Cincinnati is a worthy undefeated G5 team, but they'd get rolled, too. Coastal Carolina? See Cincinnati. Oklahoma? Been there, done that. Oregon? Would be worse than Oklahoma.

This is not well thought out at all. UF would destroy any team in the ACuCk not named Clemson because they actually play a schedule in a real conference against teams with a competitive pulse. It’s disingenuous to say “they didn’t play in their championship“ when aTm’s conference didn’t change the rules so the teams with the two best records could play. aTm would have had a rematch with Bama.

It’s supposed to be about the 4 best teams and a team that is at best … maybe … 7th got in as a 4th seed. They didn’t earn it, It does matter.

Advertisement
Notre Dame should not be in the playoffs. I don't care about their OT win; Trevor wasn't the QB.

They got beat by 3+ touchdowns. They should NOT be in consideration and it's an absolute farce that they are.

Couldn't even score a TD til midway through the 4th quarter. They struggled to score on Louisville. Bama will win by 4 TDs.

Ultimately ND isn't a SFl recruiting concern so it doesn't bother me much they made the playoffs and they will be laughed out of the stadium after playing Bama. As a football fan it sucks to see Bama and Clemson again, but the ncaa is apparently content to let cfb die a slow death as long as the ncaa brass can fill their pockets.

I'm glad the the Domers for in for only one reason. This will be game two they get the doors blown off of them.

A&M to me just made more sense. They seemed to get better as the season went on. The problem here was they would've been playing Bama again as the 4th seed. That's not as good a match up for television as Bama vs the Domers.

Advertisement
I'm glad the the Domers for in for only one reason. This will be game two they get the doors blown off of them.

A&M to me just made more sense. They seemed to get better as the season went on. The problem here was they would've been playing Bama again as the 4th seed. That's not as good a match up for television as Bama vs the Domers.
I’ll add a name to that list … UGA. After finally finding a QB, they may be one of the top-5 in college football. I could easily remove the 3rd and 4th seed, replace them with 2 teams from the SEC and it improves the CFP

This is not well thought out at all. UF would destroy any team in the ACuCk not named Clemson because they actually play a schedule in a real conference against teams with a competitive pulse. It’s disingenuous to say “they didn’t play in their championship“ when aTm’s conference didn’t change the rules so the teams with the two best records could play. aTm would have had a rematch with Bama.

It’s supposed to be about the 4 best teams and a team that is at best … maybe … 7th got in as a 4th seed. They didn’t earn it, It does matter.

UNC could keep up with UF. Technically since ND is an acc member this year, they could also beat UF. So that's 3 ACC teams that are capable of beating Florida.

Clemson, ND, UNC isnt a big drop from Bama, TAMU, UF.

Last edited:
Advertisement
UNC could keep up with UF.
Don’t think so. If UF plays defense the way they played last night, I think UF beats them by minimum 21+ even if UNC scores 35+. UNC lost not only to FSU but UVA. UNC running backs COMBINED for less than 120 yards against UVA.

Miami made UNC into supermen but they are who we thought they were. A good proxy will be aTm in the Orange.

why are people giving nd this huge benefit of beating clemson when BC nearly beat them the week prior without trevor lawrence in death valley? When lawrence came back after ND, they smoked pitt by 40. It's obviously two different teams and everyone saw that yesterday.

You know, it's apparent to everybody that ND's one win against Clemson was when they didn't have their QB...and they STILL had to go to double OT.

It's transparently obvious Notre Dame does not deserve to play in the CFB.

Advertisement

The games need to matter.

I don't think UF would destroy any team in the ACC not named Clemson.

aTm's resume isn't better than Notre Dame. ND splitting with Clemson is more impressive than aTm getting rolled by Alabama and beating a 3-loss UF team.

Don’t think so. If UF plays defense the way they played last night, I think UF beats them by minimum 21+ even if UNC scores 35+. UNC lost not only to FSU but UVA. UNC running backs COMBINED for less than 120 yards against UVA.

Miami made UNC into supermen but they are who we thought they were. A good proxy will be aTm in the Orange.

And UF lost to a 3-5 LSU team. UNC is more than capable of beating UF. UF would certainly be a favorite but the teams match up well. Point is both the SEC and ACC have one team that is clearly the best, Bama & Clemson respectively, then 2 teams (TAMU, UF, ND, UNC) that are inconsistent but capable of beating most teams when they are firing on all cylinders. You can probably add UGA to that list now that they have a QB. So that's 4 to 3 in terms of conference depth. Now I know this next point will be controversial, but I happen to think if Miami had a better coaching staff it would fall into that second tier and the conferences would be 4-4. If you swapped Mullen and Diaz, Miami is likely putting up ridiculous offensive numbers and a 1 loss team (still losing to Clemson but beating UNC) while UF is a 4 loss team (same losses including UGA) , on the brink of being a 5 loss after the bowl.

Last edited:
So the ACC Championship Game was pointless. Cool.

Not pointless, it served the purpose the acc and ND wanted. ND got the win early in the season, Clemson got the acc championship win, both teams in despite ND getting crushed. What a victory for ND, they cucked the ACC to get a playoff spot and will go back to being an independent next year. I hate our f#cking conference leadership so much.

Advertisement
Back