MEGA NCAA Tournament - Omaha Schedule on page 19

Advertisement
This is pathetic. No other fanbase has mopes and haters like this. **** I want this team to make it to Omaha just because it will make you miserable.

This team is the #9 national seed. By definition, that very good. And calling the fielding/hitting weak? Yeah you've never seen a game.
I hate to break the news to you, but every fan base has realists like that.

Reasonable question and I'd be more worried about how we'd ever host again, without going 52 - 6, w the RPI handicap.
If we join the big 10, we are not coming over by ourselves. There would be 3 other schools (maybe unc and Virginia). Not to mention usc and UCLA. Obviously, not the strongest conference at all but no way would we have to have that record.

Advertisement
If we join the big 10, we are not coming over by ourselves. There would be 3 other schools (maybe unc and Virginia). Not to mention usc and UCLA. Obviously, not the strongest conference at all but no way would we have to have that record.
Fair point, but will still be a net negative the way RPI is used religiously.

I said Rosario Friday.
Okay, you just didn't read my post that you responded to. Rosario and Gallo are essentially the same 7.00 ERA pitcher. We have to either roll the dice with one of them against Maine, or we rely on one of them to beat a legit #2/#3 seed.

Advertisement
We just played 35 solid innings out of 36. Especially defensively. Do I have 2008 expectations? No. But can we get to Omaha? Yes. Get outta here.
Of course we can. We won’t but anything is possible.
Btw.. when was the inning that wasn’t solid? Oh, that’s right when it mattered the most.

Again.. hope the results prove me wrong. I will be thrilled to come back at you and say you were right.

We leave more stranded baserunners on 3B with less than 2 out than anyone in the country. I don’t know that to be a fact but it has to be.

This is pathetic. No other fanbase has mopes and haters like this. **** I want this team to make it to Omaha just because it will make you miserable.

This team is the #9 national seed. By definition, that very good. And calling the fielding/hitting weak? Yeah you've never seen a game.
Not a mope or a hater. I said I hope I’m wrong. But when I watch this team I see a couple decent hitters. Pitching is average with a great closer. Fielding is average. Base running not great. I don’t care what our seeding is really. It was higher last year and went 0-2. You guys that can watch this team and be optimistic that it can do any damage amaze me. But wish I could see what you see.

Not a mope or a hater. I said I hope I’m wrong. But when I watch this team I see a couple decent hitters. Pitching is average with a great closer. Fielding is average. Base running not great. I don’t care what our seeding is really. It was higher last year and went 0-2. You guys that can watch this team and be optimistic that it can do any damage amaze me. But wish I could see what you see.

How is a team ranked in the top-10 "not good"? You keep claiming that.

Yes, they have to show they can win in the post-season, but you're aren't just being a miserable mope, you're insane to consider the #9 national seed a "bad" team.

Stop posting please

Advertisement
We are top 25 in the nation in fielding percentage, that is statistically not average and can’t be disputed.

Fielding we have def been a really pleasant surprise. Yo yo has stepped up huge. pitelli and Cj are as good as you’ll find. Cyr makes me more nervous on routine plays then when he is moving and his turns are a touch slow. Our current OF with Long is solid. Our pitchers do a good job of holding runners.

Who knows how things turn out but between regionals I don’t see a team just bombarding us or a staff that just shuts us down on pure stuff. This year if we go 1-2 in regionals it will truly be due shooting ourselves in the foot in some phase. Which def could happen…but let’s hope we can at least make it to Omaha before we just get truly out played by teams with more depth in all phases while we have Freshman own arms trying to put out fires.

Advertisement
Fielding we have def been a really pleasant surprise. Yo yo has stepped up huge. pitelli and Cj are as good as you’ll find. Cyr makes me more nervous on routine plays then when he is moving and his turns are a touch slow. Our current OF with Long is solid. Our pitchers do a good job of holding runners.

Who knows how things turn out but between regionals I don’t see a team just bombarding us or a staff that just shuts us down on pure stuff. This year if we go 1-2 in regionals it will truly be due shooting ourselves in the foot in some phase. Which def could happen…but let’s hope we can at least make it to Omaha before we just get truly out played by teams with more depth in all phases while we have Freshman own arms trying to put out fires.
Gino said we are a tick under 980. That is ridiculous

i've actually been pleasantly surprised with how good our fielding's been this year. def not the issue with this team. it's starting pitching and better situational hitting. we have a really solid team, great talent...i don't like our coaches to be truly honest, top to bottom. But no doubt, we have a good team this year, you can't say otherwise. Hope we can step up in the postseason and advance to at least a super, and we have the talent to get to omaha. With Ligon back, and if he's actually back to form, I wouldn't doubt a run to omaha, and that would be awesome man.

Advertisement
Back