MEGA NCAA Tournament - Omaha Schedule on page 19

So do you hold Ziehl for game 2 and try to beat Maine with like a Gallo? Or go right out with Ziehl. That’s the question.
The safe answer is go with what you have done all year. But Maine hasn’t seen many kids like Gallo or Rosario even if they have been bad at times this year. I’d say roll with Gallo and let our offense put up 10-15

Advertisement
So do you hold Ziehl for game 2 and try to beat Maine with like a Gallo? Or go right out with Ziehl. That’s the question.
Rosario's pitched well in 2 consecutive ncaa tournaments. It would be ballsy as **** but maybe he gets the ball on Friday. If he could somehow give you 5 IP then you'd have Gallo, Ziehl, Ligon for the next couple days. Would also be nice not to need Walt for 34 pitches on Friday night like last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rosario's pitched well in 2 consecutive ncaa tournaments. It would be ballsy as **** but maybe he gets the ball on Friday. If he could somehow give you 5 IP then you'd have Gallo, Ziehl, Ligon for the next couple days. Would also be nice not to need Walt for 34 pitches on Friday night like last year.
Way too ballsy for my liking. I hear ya, but tourney sample size is too small compared to all the regular season debacles.

If he starts and walks 4 or 5 and hits two more, you just lost home field advantage vs #4's ace.

Way too ballsy for my liking. I hear ya, but tourney sample size is too small compared to all the regular season debacles.

If he starts and walks 4 or 5 and hits two more, you just lost home field advantage vs #4's ace.
The thing, though, is he and/or Gallo have to pitch against somebody. If we can't beat Maine with one of them, we don't have a prayer against Texas or Louisiana.

Both meaning ESPN+ as the other channel?
Yeah. I pulled up their press releases for the first two weekends of the softball tournament and there was a note that all games would be simulcast on ESPN+. Might be different for baseball, although it would be ****** for LHN considering it’s a regional network.

Advertisement
God bless you guys that believe. I really mean that. I just don’t think we beat anyone. We just don’t win **** when it matters. This team isn’t good.
I’d would be thrilled to be wrong. Hope I am. It’s just not a well coached make all the plays you should type of team. Pitching weak fielding weak hitting weak base running weak.

This is pathetic. No other fanbase has mopes and haters like this. **** I want this team to make it to Omaha just because it will make you miserable.

This team is the #9 national seed. By definition, that very good. And calling the fielding/hitting weak? Yeah you've never seen a game.

Noon and 6pm are the placeholder slots for “Site 9” on Saturday and Sunday.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back