MEGA NCAA Tournament - Omaha Schedule on page 19

Very upset WF absolutely **** the bed so I could actively root for a team. THe only silver lining is seeing UF not winning. However, seeing LSU bring home another Nat’l Title on a big stage irks me
Well they aren’t afraid to spend on coaching and NIL deals and look everywhere for talent so the end result isn’t surprising. UM got used to donors funding the park upgrades, the scoreboard, the new indoor batting cages, and a coach that would donate his salary back to the school. Now when it comes time to spend on a real HC they start clipping coupons.

Advertisement
Well they aren’t afraid to spend on coaching and NIL deals and look everywhere for talent so the end result isn’t surprising. UM got used to donors funding the park upgrades, the scoreboard, the new indoor batting cages, and a coach that would donate his salary back to the school. Now when it comes time to spend on a real HC they start clipping coupons.

Bro, seriously…I keep coming back to this board in hopes it’s a June’s Fools Joke, or a presumptuous reporting piece that’s been retracted. I legit can’t believe w/ this opportunity present, Rad thought it was fashionable to make this type of hire at this stage!

Even though I still think The Diaz hire was one of thee dumbest decisions made by an AD, at least I can reason he was the DC of a defense “on paper” that ranked in the top 5 in a lot of categories. Our pitching was & have been a sore spot for a couple of yrs, the recruiting has been meh, & the results have spoke for themselves (a Regional Caliber team, only). Yet, he’s the guy chosen to take over?? I legit can’t remotely rationalize this move at any level.

Bro, seriously…I keep coming back to this board in hopes it’s a June’s Fools Joke, or a presumptuous reporting piece that’s been retracted. I legit can’t believe w/ this opportunity present, Rad thought it was fashionable to make this type of hire at this stage!

Even though I still think The Diaz hire was one of thee dumbest decisions made by an AD, at least I can reason he was the DC of a defense “on paper” that ranked in the top 5 in a lot of categories. Our pitching was & have been a sore spot for a couple of yrs, the recruiting has been meh, & the results have spoke for themselves (a Regional Caliber team, only). Yet, he’s the guy chosen to take over?? I legit can’t remotely rationalize this move at any level.
Same. I’m dumbfounded. Long time season ticket holder. When the Covid lottery for season tickets left me high and dry I still found a way to get in. I go to almost every home game and watch most of the away games on tv. To see it all pizzed away by cronyism and nepotism has just killed my fandom. It’s also bothersome to see Rad is just a spineless figurehead. I didn’t know before, but I do know now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just hit me that LSU went all out and got Brian Kelly, Jay Johnson, and Kim Mulkey over the past couple of years.

The results? 2 national titles and an SEC West title. And the brightest future of any athletic department in the country. It’s not rocket science.

Just hit me that LSU went all out and got Brian Kelly, Jay Johnson, and Kim Mulkey over the past couple of years.

1687869796658.jpeg

The results? 2 national titles and an SEC West title. And the brightest future of any athletic department in the country. It’s not rocket science.
Those Childrens Hospital slush funds hittin' goooooooood.

Reading JD's quote, it's possible that Rad's choice was vetoed. The school now has a CEO to whom Rad reports and CEOs are very involved in almost every important hiring decision. Given that Mario was hired before him, it's very possible he has little real authority on hiring decisions.

Advertisement
Reading JD's quote, it's possible that Rad's choice was vetoed. The school now has a CEO to whom Rad reports and CEOs are very involved in almost every important hiring decision. Given that Mario was hired before him, it's very possible he has little real authority on hiring decisions.

If that’s the case, then this school is truly doomed.

Advertisement
I believe Langford is the 2nd(?) to reach the bigs in his draft class.

Also hitting 5th on opening day the year after your draft, is insanity. He’s really ******* good.
And it should certainly continue to help the quality of the college product when HS kids see that kind of rapid ascent. Cuvet has the potential to be a 1st rounder if he stays grounded.

And it should certainly continue to help the quality of the college product when HS kids see that kind of rapid ascent. Cuvet has the potential to be a 1st rounder if he stays grounded.
It’s getting hard to see why kids would choose the minors over college, when these kids are fast tracked through the system more and more. With NIL out there. Unless you’re seeing 7 figures hit your account a week after draft night.

Advertisement
Back