MEGA NCAA Tournament - Omaha Schedule on page 19

Incredible circular logic from Etheridge defending the South Carolina host. Essentially, the SEC deserves an 8th host because they played the 7 hosts we already gave them.
Might as well give every non AQ team a spot according to their strength of schedule if that’s how they want to argue it.

Advertisement
Looks like we’re guaranteed a P12 team as a 2 or 3.
I’m cool with that. I’ve always enjoyed playing west coast schools. It’s one of the things I miss most about being an independent. Gino had USC lineup as an opponent before COVID killed it.

Really hoping we are paired with Stanford, as it is customary that we host a PAC-12 team. Something like Stanford/Texas A&M/UC Irvine/San Jose State versus Miami/Texas/USC/Army.

Makes too much sense, so it probably won't happen.

Sending Indiana and Ball State to Indiana State should be a no brainer.

Three sites in South Carolina...

We have completely flipped from regionals to anti-regionals. Poor Northern Colorado.

Advertisement
The only 2-seed I think would be a screwjob is Tenn.

UConn is good, but I doubt there's an easy #2
Tenn makes sense to me. They can’t go to half the field. UVA or Clem, if top 8, are tough places to send a high 2. Coastal maybe makes the most sense, but we aren’t far behind.

Tenn makes sense to me. They can’t go to half the field. UVA or Clem, if top 8, are tough places to send a high 2. Coastal maybe makes the most sense, but we aren’t far behind.
Which hypothetically shouldn’t be a factor under the committee’s mandate, for the same reasons we were sent to Mississippi State in 2019

Advertisement
A couple other flavors of projections. One of the two on 11point7 is a Canes fan so the seeding is optimistic

Last edited:
IMG_4015.jpeg

Advertisement
Agree - seen of bunch of Uconn games this year - not as good as last year in the pitching department IMO, BUT, extremely well coached in Penders and a max effort team at all times.

Agree - seen of bunch of Uconn games this year - not as good as last year in the pitching department IMO, BUT, extremely well coached in Penders and a max effort team at all times.
Very mid staff but excellent bullpen. They are built for a regional. Would rather not face them out of all the potential 2’s, but it wouldn’t be the worst. Should beat them.

Tennessee is who I don’t want. Even though they struggled for most of the year, a rotation of Dollanger, Burns and Beam can carry a team if they all click at the right time.

Advertisement
Honestly any two seed we play is a threat with the way we have played in the regionals in the past.

I’m hoping this team can somehow blow out a 4 seed and be able to then have everyone ready for game 2-3. No game four.

While we don’t have great depth we are more prepared for Supers if our starters throw well.

RPI is a useful tool for making whatever case they want. It’s a disposable tool, however, so they can also discard it whenever they want.

Just like they did in basketball with way more money on the table. The ACC just needs to start loading up on home series with teams in the 75-150 range, those teams are just as bad as tier 4 teams but the rpi loves it, the mwc used to exploit that all the time in basketball.

Advertisement
Back