MEGA NCAA Tournament - Omaha Schedule on page 19

Advertisement
This is my problem with the committee, if you’re gonna use RPI so heavily for host sites, then use it for everything.

RPI says we should get a top 8 over Stanford, they gave the SEC 8 host sites, who cares if the entire top 8 is ACC/SEC.
RPI is a useful tool for making whatever case they want. It’s a disposable tool, however, so they can also discard it whenever they want.

They use end of season conference play to put Auburn in, then they use RPI to put South Carolina in. One can only hope they pair SEC vs SEC. The SEC will likely have one team in each of the eight pairing.

This is not good for college baseball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
RPI is a useful tool for making whatever case they want. It’s a disposable tool, however, so they can also discard it whenever they want.

I think it's good to "break ties", but I think it's better to use common sense.

Although I honestly believe that ChatGPT can give us better results than all the baseball and basketball analytics combined.

Advertisement
Incredible circular logic from Etheridge defending the South Carolina host. Essentially, the SEC deserves an 8th host because they played the 7 hosts we already gave them.

What I’ve seen so far

Uconn, Texas, Oregon St and Tennessee seem to be the 2 seeds that are in play.

USC and Texas Tech the 3 seeds

Central Conn St and Army are the 4 seeds

What I’ve seen so far

Uconn, Texas, Oregon St and Tennessee seem to be the 2 seeds that are in play.

USC and Texas Tech the 3 seeds

Central Conn St and Army are the 4 seeds
Any teams that don’t have a nearby regional site that you’d have to put on a plane anyway.

Advertisement
Back