NCAA Selections Noon ESPN2

Advertisement
The only rational reason I can come up with for snubbing ND is their atrocious scheduling. 261 NC SOS is dreadful.

ND did not get a host, and Louisville did, that HAS to bode well for us, seems like regular season emphasis.
I don't know what is means. Probably not good if we are as close to them as we all thought and they don't get to host. Either we weren't thst close or we moved way down in the seeding. If UNC is behind us, we may be the #7 seed as I think East Carolina is going to be the #8 seed.

Might be the first time in ages this is not the case, but if both Hogtown and Coral Gables are hosting, we are a national seed.

Advertisement
I don't know what is means. Probably not good if we are as close to them as we all thought and they don't get to host. Either we weren't thst close or we moved way down in the seeding. If UNC is behind us, we may be the #7 seed as I think East Carolina is going to be the #8 seed.
I don’t see any obvious tea leaves in the ND snub. There are some signs they’re willing to overlook RPI, but there just isn’t any cogent logic for picking Auburn over ND, unless it’s a simple scheduling message.

Advertisement
I don’t see any obvious tea leaves in the ND snub. There are some signs they’re willing to overlook RPI, but there just isn’t any cogent logic for picking Auburn over ND, unless it’s a simple scheduling message.
Balancing between SEC and ACC sites seems to be the only argument, but that certainly shouldn’t be one.

ND shoulda been top 8 last year too.

If they come out and say schedule better and stop trying to game the RPI, I’m good with it. Otherwise….
100% agree with that. And I’d accept that, but still won’t agree with it. Scheduling is definitely harder for them than southern schools, but there is no way to defend that NC schedule. They did it to themselves.

I would also like for someone to come out and say that if you cancel games for no reason, we will count it towards your RPI anyway. It’s the only way it’ll stop.

Advertisement
On a semi-related note, it seems the games that won’t be on ESPN TV networks have been moved from ESPN3 to ESPN+ based on the ESPN app listings.

Advertisement
OK, but how is Maryland hosting with an RPI of 9, but a SOS of #107. 1-0-7!!! That's an Ivy League or MEAC SOS.

Maryland should not be hosting. If they get a top 8 seed, you know the fix is in as ND had an RPI of #11 and a SOS of #54 in 2021 compared to the #9 RPI and SOS of 107 and was snubbed of a top 8 seed. ND had 25 ACC wins in 2021 while Maryland had 18 wins where 8 of their 13 teams have a 100+ RPI. Basically, Maryland played 4 midweek games every week.

Teams with a 100+ SOS are:
Loyala Marymount - 101
Belmont - 106
South Florida - 110
FAU - 111
Penn State- 113
Indiana State - 115

Teams Better SOS than Maryland:
Houston Baptist - 73
William & Mary - 80
Samford - 88
Nevada - 93
Jacksonville- 94
Bradley - 99

Maryland SOS is weaker than 1 bid conferences. They don't deserve to host let alone be a top 8 seed.

Last edited:
OK, but how is Maryland hosting with an RPI of 9, but a SOS of #107. 1-0-7!!! That's an Ivy League or MEAC SOS.

Maryland should not be hosting. If they get a top 8 seed, you know the fix is in as ND had an RPI of #11 and a SOS of #54 in 2021 compared to the #9 RPI and SOS of 107.

Teams with a 100+ SOS are:
Loyala Marymount - 101
Belmont - 106
South Florida - 110
FAU - 111
Penn State- 113
Indiana State - 115

Teams Better SOS than Maryland:
Houston Baptist - 73
William & Mary - 80
Samford - 88
Nevada - 93
Jacksonville- 94
Bradley - 99

Maryland SOS is weaker than 1 bid conferences. They don't deserve to host let alone be a top 8 seed.
A team’s SOS is already calculated into their RPI. Their record against that schedule makes them the #9 team.

Advertisement
Back