NCAA Selections Noon ESPN2

If we're talking about 4 innings in a game three against a loser's bracket team on game 4, I'll take Rosario's 4 innings against Notre Dame, Florida State, and Georgia Tech. Those outings would be good enough to win.
I’d use Rosario as an opener game 3. Let him go 3 innings and bring in Mac. Do not let anyone see Rosario more than once.

Advertisement
I don’t know if starting Walters is the answer …. But Aleahy has a point about every starter not named Palmquist … it hasn’t exactly worked out. I don’t want to see Rosario peg 6 of the first 9 dudes he faces.

I don’t know if starting Walters is the answer …. But Aleahy has a point about every starter not named Palmquist … it hasn’t exactly worked out. I don’t want to see Rosario peg 6 of the first 9 dudes he faces.
Realistically it’s not. But if you go into a game 4 and he’s fresh, he has to factor in at least 2 innings if not 3. If he’s not fresh, he’s still gotta be available for at least 1. He’s the best you got, use him.

You do realize that if we're in the winner's bracket, our opponent will be in a lot worse shape than we are? 2- and 3-seeds don't have four reliable starters.
I get Your point and I’m not arguing for what he’s suggesting. But we are the one seed and don’t have two reliable starters.

Advertisement
Rosario is not good for four innings. You can't cherry pick the good outings he had and ignore the fact that he has been one of the worst pitchers in D1 baseball for not one but two seasons. His body of work cannot be ignored, nor has he been "putting it together" lately. DiMare will continue to trot him out because he has a love affair with the TrackMan and because most everyone else on this staff has been dreadful as of late.
"Worst pitcher in D1." Your delusional. If Rosario was that bad, he wouldn't be pitching the weekends.

Rosario has pitched at least 3 innings well in each outing and most times 4 against the best hitting teams in the conference. I'm not making excuses. That's not good enough for a starter. He needs to pitch 6 good innings. His problem is mental.

Most of the bullpen competed for a starting role, including McFarlane and Zeihl. For the remainder of the season, they will remain there because you can't just turn it on like a light switch and be a starter.

Next year will be an open competition again.

These guys wanting Walters as a starter just don't get it. He's a closer. He's not going to just become a starter and pitch 7 innings overnight. That’s not an easy thing to do. You don't go experimenting in the post season with everthing on the line. Even if he could, then who is going to close?

"Worst pitcher in D1." Your delusional. If Rosario was that bad, he wouldn't be pitching the weekends.

Rosario has pitched at least 3 innings well in each outing and most times 4 against the best hitting teams in the conference. I'm not making excuses. That's not good enough for a starter. He needs to pitch 6 good innings. His problem is mental.

Most of the bullpen competed for a starting role, including McFarlane and Zeihl. For the remainder of the season, they will remain there because you can't just turn it on like a light switch and be a starter.

Next year will be an open competition again.
Numbers don’t lie. And he may get pushed out next year. You’re delusional if you think he’s a good pitcher with a 7.57 ERA, a 1.83 WHIP and a .335 BA (worst on the team) He’s quite literally in the bottom tier of all D1 pitchers and certainly the ACC. Using your logic, we can spot start Matt Radelunas because I saw him pitch a clean inning last month. Must be better than Walters and Palm with that robust sample size.

These guys wanting Walters as a starter just don't get it. He's a closer. He's not going to just become a starter and pitch 7 innings overnight. That’s not an easy thing to do. You don't go experimenting in the post season with everthing on the line. Even if he could, then who is going to close?
Also, if it’s “just mental”, why would you want to give meaningful innings to Rosario in a high pressure situation like the NCAA playoffs ffs?

Advertisement
Also, if it’s “just mental”, why would you want to give meaningful innings to Rosario in a high pressure situation like the NCAA playoffs ffs?
He is what he is and Gino knows it. He can get 4 innings outs of him.

The ERA is high because he doesn't pitch more than 4 innings. You pitch 3 innings and give up 3 runs, your ERA is 9.

FYI, he pitched 6 shutout innings last year and won against South Alabama in the Florida regional. Get what you can out of him.

I get Your point and I’m not arguing for what he’s suggesting. But we are the one seed and don’t have two reliable starters.
That actually supports what I'm saying. If we don't have two reliable starters, we shouldn't be worried that a 2- or 3-seed is running five games worth of arms out there.

The ERA is high because he doesn't pitch more than 4 innings. You pitch 3 innings and give up 3 runs, your ERA is 9.
This might be the worst statistical analysis I've ever seen.

That's the exact point of the ERA stat. How many runs do you allow per 9 innings. Maybe try not giving up 3 runs in your only 3 innings.

Advertisement

That's the exact point of the ERA stat. How many runs do you allow per 9 innings. Maybe try not giving up 3 runs in your only 3 innings.
I tried to lay it out for him, but even cold, hard data doesn’t seem to be enough. It’s like he’s the Angel Hernandez of message boards.

That actually supports what I'm saying. If we don't have two reliable starters, we shouldn't be worried that a 2- or 3-seed is running five games worth of arms out there.

We shouldn’t? I’ve watched this team get owned by run of the mill pitchers essentially throwing BP. NC state reliever two games ago comes to mind. Guy was throwing flat 85 mph fast balls and what did we do? A whole lotta nothin…

This team has major warts and we’ve been playing like a 3 seed for two months now.

Advertisement
We shouldn’t? I’ve watched this team get owned by run of the mill pitchers essentially throwing BP. NC state reliever two games ago comes to mind. Guy was throwing flat 85 mph fast balls and what did we do? A whole lotta nothin…

This team has major warts and we’ve been playing like a 3 seed for two months now.

Agree. The way we've been playing we'll be lucky to make it out of our regional. DiMare needs to be sh*tcanned like Manny.

That’s a different topic. If we can’t hit, we can’t hit. But the context of the discussion was that we won’t need to keep up with elite arms by throwing our closer out there.

That’s a different topic. If we can’t hit, we can’t hit. But the context of the discussion was that we won’t need to keep up with elite arms by throwing our closer out there.

I’ve personally seen enough of Rosario. I said it on the ACC tourney thread - if Dimare runs him out there another inning this season it should be a fireable offense (we can dream, right?).

Not only is he awful on the bump but his demeanor drags us down. And at the same time pumps up the other dugout. He’s one of those ****y pitchers that thinks the world of himself that other teams love to jump on.

I’d have zero issue starting Walters in a game 4/5. I’m not looking for 6/7 out of him… just give us 3 innings and hand the baton. It’s sure worked out well for the Rays over the years…. And it’ll certainly work better than Rosario getting near the rubber.

Just dumb. Let me dumb it down for you so you can understand. Just because a pitcher gave up 3 runs in 3 innings doesn't mean he pitched poorly. He could have struck out 8 batters in a row, then gave up a single, a walk, and then a HR. The era is still 9.

The whole point was about Rosario. He has pitched well and then had some blow up innings. He has 46 strikeouts in 52.2 innings. He's also given up 77 hits which isn't good. His 4 worst games are where his ERA was 27, 27, 18, and 16.2. His best 4 ERA outings are 1.5 (Duke), 1.8 (GT), 2.08 (VT), and 3.6 (UNC).

Rosario has pitched well against some of the best hitting teams in the ACC.

Your just a plucking wannabe troll and you're not even good at it!!

You had your 1 shining moment that you just keep going back to like a broken record. I wasn't going to bother when you trolled the 1st time, but let me just get it out of the way. Duke won the 2021 ACC baseball tournament. They went to game 3 in the Super Regional against Vanderbilt in 2019. I made a mistake combining both facts in my memory. That was a mental mistake. There it is.

On the other hand, regarding the regional game 1 against Canisius, you said, "The Canisius ace is a projected 1st Round pick. Sits 95, commands all three pitches." Completely not true and/or verified. Not even a mistake. Just a ******* lie. The Canisius ace Matt Duffy is a good pitcher. He's 1st team all MAAC conference. He was also MAAC Championship player of the year. What he is not is a 1st round draft prospect. That's not even be possible since he's just a sophomore and not draft eligible.

Secondly, I don't see him on any MLB radar let alone a 1st round draft prospect for 2023. There's literally no information I could find. He's not even on the 2023 MLB draft prospect boards freely available. Ironically, you know who is? Alejandro Rosario.

So, unless you have something on him as a 1st round MLB draft prospect, it's just another ******* lie by you!!!

Thirdly, you claim the Canisius ace throws 95 and commands all 3 pitches. Although he is the Canisius career leader in strikeouts as a sophomore, I couldn't find anything to support your claim of his 95 mph fastball. This would be one of the biggest improvements in college baseball pitching history as he threw 83 MPH MAX coming out of high school in Canada according to his bio. A 12 MPH increase in his fastball? Not impossible, but improbable.

Then you say in another post, "I may have been exaggerating a bit about the Canisius ace." No, you didn't exaggerate, you just ******* lied!!! You made all that **** up!!! Then you lie about the lie claiming it to be a bit of an exaggeration. An exaggeration is a stretch of the truth in either direction for better or for worse. You could have exaggerated about his fastball being 95, but you would have had to of known what his fastball actually is/was to exaggerate it and you admittedly didn't. So, it's just a ******* lie!!! There is nothing truthful about what you said. You're just a lying piece of ****!!!

When you decide to start trolling people, trying to **** on them, you should make sure your own house is in order. Otherwise, you just wind up ****ting on yourself!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back