NCAA maybe in a big trouble

Trust me Consigliere...its not that simple. Try walking into a bank and say that your doing an investigation and you need to obtain records of one of their clients. First words out of their mouth is "Where is the court order for these documents". Privacy is a huge issue for banks and never taken lightly, even to those lowly bank employees. Trust that request would have went thru a manager on duty.
Sounds like it was more of a Bank of America issue. They are the ones ultimately responsible for turning them over, unless the NCAA provided something making it look like they had the power to obtain the check images.

Sounds like the bank messed up. I highly doubt the NCAA had some court order to obtain these but at the same time I don't think they illegally obtained them. It could be as simple as they said "we're conducting an investigation and we need to see these checks." Stupid bank employee may have just turned them over.

Maybe it is nothing then.

It just is amazing and what keeps coming.

It likely did NOT occur like this. I am aware about what is needed and this should NOT have happened but sometimes people make mistakes. In this investigation it seems like many (even third parties) seem to make mistakes.

Advertisement
Trust me Consigliere...its not that simple. Try walking into a bank and say that your doing an investigation and you need to obtain records of one of their clients. First words out of their mouth is "Where is the court order for these documents". Privacy is a huge issue for banks and never taken lightly, even to those lowly bank employees. Trust that request would have went thru a manager on duty.
Sounds like it was more of a Bank of America issue. They are the ones ultimately responsible for turning them over, unless the NCAA provided something making it look like they had the power to obtain the check images.

Sounds like the bank messed up. I highly doubt the NCAA had some court order to obtain these but at the same time I don't think they illegally obtained them. It could be as simple as they said "we're conducting an investigation and we need to see these checks." Stupid bank employee may have just turned them over.

It likely did NOT occur like this. I am aware about what is needed and this should NOT have happened but sometimes people make mistakes. In this investigation it seems like many (even third parties) seem to make mistakes.

ok

1. banks don't issue canceled checks from branches.
2. canceled checks are printed at another location and mailed.
3. Banks almost always charge for this.

NCAA wanted a Penn State type of case.. show overwhelming evidence that they don't even question where you got it form just agree, take the hit and move on.

I highly doubt Haith gave the NCAA power of attorney to go and do what they please with his bank accounts. As stated in the article, NCAA got this info from a "source' which they refuse to disclose. My guess is that this "source" is some scam third party PI/investigator that got paid to get the information any way he can. IF Haith did nto authorize this and Bank of American handed this over, he has every right to make sure BofA discloses this info to him and the cops.

ok

1. banks don't issue canceled checks from branches.
2. canceled checks are printed at another location and mailed.
3. Banks almost always charge for this.

NCAA wanted a Penn State type of case.. show overwhelming evidence that they don't even question where you got it form just agree, take the hit and move on.

I highly doubt Haith gave the NCAA power of attorney to go and do what they please with his bank accounts. As stated in the article, NCAA got this info from a "source' which they refuse to disclose. My guess is that this "source" is some scam third party PI/investigator that got paid to get the information any way he can. IF Haith did nto authorize this and Bank of American handed this over, he has every right to make sure BofA discloses this info to him and the cops.

What hit?

Unless there is an opportunity for a political windfall for the administration I wouldn't expect much from this justice department.

I don't think that's the point here. The point is that if the NCAA did have access to this info and it was acquired unlawfully by anyone..... Game, Set, Match.

Unless there is an opportunity for a political windfall for the administration I wouldn't expect much from this justice department.

I don't think that's the point here. The point is that if the NCAA did have access to this info and it was acquired unlawfully by anyone..... Game, Set, Match.

19.jpg

Advertisement

I was thinking some politician might want to grab some headlines with B of A & NCAA in it since they are not so popular with anyone

Frank and his wife might have a nice case set up to sue. This could get fairly ugly for those involved, both criminally and civily.

No matter what happened, it seems like Haith has a right to know HOW it happened.

There aren't to many options on how it happened, with the bank ******** up probably the lowest on the probability scale. The NCAA has this attitude that they are actually conducting a criminal investigation and are using words like "sources". Since they have no subpoena power, that leads to believe the records were obtained via a subpoena that was probably issued via Perez under false pretense.

The NCAA knows they willingly obtained these bank records under wrongful methods and it should cost them in civil court and those that obtained them in criminal court. There was no legit or legal reason to have his records in such detail and depth.

Advertisement

This.

haith's bank records are private; and if he did not authorize access to private bank records, it could not only be in violation of bank of america's policy, but also a violation of federal law. bank of america would have to prove and thus name whoever obtained those records had a legal right to do so. Whatever is done in the dark will come into the light.

Start with the custodian of records at the bank. Then the agent who conducted the transaction.

Last edited:
No matter what happened, it seems like Haith has a right to know HOW it happened.

There aren't to many options on how it happened, with the bank ******** up probably the lowest on the probability scale. The NCAA has this attitude that they are actually conducting a criminal investigation and are using words like "sources". Since they have no subpoena power, that leads to believe the records were obtained via a subpoena that was probably issued via Perez under false pretense.

The NCAA knows they willingly obtained these bank records under wrongful methods and it should cost them in civil court and those that obtained them in criminal court. There was no legit or legal reason to have his records in such detail and depth.

didn't even think of this but its almost right on the money.

I highly doubt the bank just handed over bank records with no questions. Perez could of requested these documents for the NCAA using the Bankruptcy hearing as cover.

If this is the case the NCAA essentially hijacked the Bankruptcy case. This is criminal

This.

haith's bank records are private; and if he did not authorize access to private bank records, it could not only be in violation of bank of america's policy, but also a violation of federal law. bank of america would have to prove and thus name whoever obtained those records had a legal right to do so. Whatever is done in the dark will come into the light.

Start with the custodian of records at the bank. Then the agent who conducted the transaction.

Unauthorized access could only have been done over a computer, and the accessing IP address will be discovered. Rest assured gentlemen, they are beyond f-uuuuuu-cked on this one.

B of A's headquarters are here in Cleveland and a friend of mine is a VP. You better believe I'll be asking him about access to bank info.

Advertisement
When Donna first went ape**** at the NCAA, I was concerned that she/we had bit off more than we could chew. With each passing day's revelations, I now realize that she really does have a good case.

Best case would be that Perez subpoenaed them for the bankruptcy case, then she and the NCAA would be even more screwed than they already are.

Advertisement
Banks and the NCAA doing illegal things, couldn't be true! ahahahaha, a band of criminals!

The person obtaining documents from the bank is just as much responsible. If I call BofA and pretend I am you or pretend I am cop and ask for your records I am breaking the law.

The records the NCAA had were far beyond what you get in a court during a bankruptcy hearing.

Politicians, banks and the NCAA are all as corrupt as ****. I don't trust any of them. All of them are like criminal organizations.

I was thinking some politician might want to grab some headlines with B of A & NCAA in it since they are not so popular with anyone

ATTEMPTS AT CONVICTION FUELED BY PERSONAL VINDICATION FAIL UPON ONSET.... ie; ."FU@K THESE CO@KSU@KER"

B of A's headquarters are here in Cleveland and a friend of mine is a VP. You better believe I'll be asking him about access to bank info.

B of A is not based out of Cleveland. The bank is based in Charlotte, NC and has been there for 20+ years. There's not even a branch in within a 100 miles of Cleveland.

Advertisement
Back