NCAA maybe in a big trouble

eliteproxy

Junior
NCAA obtained copies of canceled checks for Haith that were never turned over. The only way that Haith and company think this happend is the BofA turned these over to the NCAA.

fyi: canceled checks are the checks that you wrote that the bank can give you copies of.

The Haith camp became aware of possible improprieties when it sought microfiche copies of the checks at the request of the NCAA, according to Buckner. It was told by a Bank of America official that those microfiche copies -- which contain more detail than bank statements -- already had been "viewed or ordered" by another party.

link:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...mine-if-bank-records-were-improperly-obtained

Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs 8m
Per petition: NCAA cited "source" that Haith's microfiche checks were available. NCAA would not reveal source.http://http://cbsprt.co/ZBgjAU

IF the NCAA got these checks illegally or tried to trick the bank in to getting them Haiths entire case will be out the window.

At first I didn't buy in to "Miami will end up taking down the NCAA" NOW.. that may actually be a strong possibility.

IF this is true expect the justice department to open a case in to what else the NCAA has been doing during their investigations.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If the NCAA doesn't have subpoena power, how can they requisition bank records? Must have been obtained through bankruptcy hearing.

Sounds like it was more of a Bank of America issue. They are the ones ultimately responsible for turning them over, unless the NCAA provided something making it look like they had the power to obtain the check images.

Unbelievable while being completely believable. The NCAA will do everything in their power not be to taken to court where a discovery process would complete shut down their whole system. They are going to have no choice but to settle because if we found all of this in just one investigation, there is no telling what they have been doing for years behind the iron doors in Indy. Rot in **** NCAA!!

Advertisement
Sounds like it was more of a Bank of America issue. They are the ones ultimately responsible for turning them over, unless the NCAA provided something making it look like they had the power to obtain the check images.

The person obtaining documents from the bank is just as much responsible. If I call BofA and pretend I am you or pretend I am cop and ask for your records I am breaking the law.

The records the NCAA had were far beyond what you get in a court during a bankruptcy hearing.

The person obtaining documents from the bank is just as much responsible. If I call BofA and pretend I am you or pretend I am cop and ask for your records I am breaking the law.

The records the NCAA had were far beyond what you get in a court during a bankruptcy hearing.

Exactly

If this is True....This is a criminal offense. Not Only will Haith's case be thrown out - but the parties that received these copies knowingly under false pretenses are in for world of ****.

Basically... if This was done by Najjar... I would be looking for a **** good defense attorney.

JC

My question is, could the NCAA force someone to fall on the sword to spare the organization or could the authorities go after the establishment as a whole?

Advertisement
**** Eliteproxy, I know we didnt see eye to eye in one of the other threads but you droppin some knowledge. I wonder how this will play into some of the corrupt crap the NCAA has already done. As you can see, Ole' Frankie Haith is tryna save his job big time!! Lol.

My question is, could the NCAA force someone to fall on the sword to spare the organization or could the authorities go after the establishment as a whole?

Maybe if this was the only thing the NCAA did wrong yes.. but now its a bit different.

But there is a big difference between doing something wrong and doing something illegal. The authorities couldn't really give a **** about NCAA breaching their own ethical rules and mantra but breaking the law...not so much. I do not think the two are mutually exclusive. That's more of the point I was trying to make.

Maybe if this was the only thing the NCAA did wrong yes.. but now its a bit different.

Going to be tough to convince someone to fall on the sword of a federal felony charge.

Advertisement
Exactly but I definitely wouldn't put it pass Emmert and the Good Ole Boyz for trying. **** it worked for the Mafia. Funny that I see striking similarities between the two after this last debacle.

Going to be tough to convince someone to fall on the sword of a federal felony charge.

They've already sent a few people to slaughter... maybe they'll just burn the building down to spite their own face?

Especially since the NCAA supposedly has to hold itself to its own rules and ethical guidelines... even if what they did wasn't illegal it can blow up on them as so much of the Shapiro stuff has.

Advertisement

Sounds like the bank messed up. I highly doubt the NCAA had some court order to obtain these but at the same time I don't think they illegally obtained them. It could be as simple as they said "we're conducting an investigation and we need to see these checks." Stupid bank employee may have just turned them over.

Maybe it is nothing then.

It just is amazing and what keeps coming.

Trust me Consigliere...its not that simple. Try walking into a bank and say that your doing an investigation and you need to obtain records of one of their clients. First words out of their mouth is "Where is the court order for these documents". Privacy is a huge issue for banks and never taken lightly, even to those lowly bank employees. Trust that request would have went thru a manager on duty.

Sounds like the bank messed up. I highly doubt the NCAA had some court order to obtain these but at the same time I don't think they illegally obtained them. It could be as simple as they said "we're conducting an investigation and we need to see these checks." Stupid bank employee may have just turned them over.

Maybe it is nothing then.

It just is amazing and what keeps coming.

Maybe Haith signed something giving them permission a while back and forgot. He doesn't come across as the smartest of people.

Unless there is an opportunity for a political windfall for the administration I wouldn't expect much from this justice department.

Advertisement
Back