NCAA Looking to close the Loopholes

UNC's horrific academic fraud really surprised me. UNC is a great school and it boasts a world-class alumni network. They completely failed those basketball and football players and showed that winning superseded all.

I agree that excluding Florida and Vanderbilt, a degree from the SEC is worthless, but a degree from a top-75 school is highly valuable. College does provide one with a certain measure of critical thinking.

Advertisement
Choose your words appropriately. Don't go throwing "rare breed" when talking about black folks like he's Django. It's like when people meet someone black and say, "he really speaks well." As though that's not an expectation and is something that would never be said to a white person. It's an insult.
Another PC response. Someone who can get two degrees while playing All American D1 football is a rare breed, the whiteies do not do it much either.

Vilma had his masers before he left Miami. Is it so hard to accept the fact that there are some truly intelligent minorities? Rather than insulting the OP, it is you that comes off as the clueless buffoon.
WTF are you talking about? I am an AA minority.

U
Another PC response. Someone who can get two degrees while playing All American D1 football is a rare breed, the whiteies do not do it much either.
Unless you are AA you don't understand the historical context of the use of the word (ie. Django). How it was used by the poster may have a different meaning to you than it does to me and all the comments added about Vilma's background came after the original post with no added clarity leaving it open for interpretation like "He's not like those other n****s, he's a rare breed." As an AA with Master's degree, I have heard many times people saying how well I speak as if that's not what is expected of AAs. Something that would never be said to a white person. So, the "rare breed" comment without any context, I had interpreted in the same way as a backhanded complement.

Let's move along.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back