NCAA Bans Camps

Advertisement
Good for the schools bad for the kids. That's the NCAA

Not sure how it is bad for the kids.
The scholarships are still out there and you have the internet and social media these days.
If you're good, you will be found.
The only fans that have been crying about this being bad for the kids are Nebraska, Tennessee, etc
fans, and their collective tears are of the self-serving nature.

Advertisement
Not just Harbaugh. Just about every slimy program in a flyover state would have been down here in a second. This is a significant win for us.

It's good news, but a partial win.
Something needs to be done about spring practice/games being held outside the area.
Look at FSU not only having their spring game in Orlando, but being given an exception allowing
them to host recruits because their stadium isn't apparently available.

The scholarships are still out there and you have the internet and social media these days.
The only fans that have been crying about this being bad for the kids are Nebraska, Tennessee, etc

It's bad for the kids in the sense that the coaches come to them for camp instead of the other way around which is more expensive for the kids to travel up to the campus. some under the radar kids get exposure from these camps...I'm not opposed to them being banned though, certainly helps us and other southern schools

It's bad for the kids in the sense that the coaches come to them for camp instead of the other way around which is more expensive for the kids to travel up to the campus. some under the radar kids get exposure from these camps...I'm not opposed to them being banned though, certainly helps us and other southern schools

Understand and respect your point.
I think bigger problem for kids these days is the increased pressure to bring down total scholarship numbers due to
Title 9 issues and some self-serving northern state schools wanting it for self-serving reasons.
Also, alot of these kids should worry about having great grades and less about traveling to camps.

We'll be sticking around our area too. Didn't we used to do a camp in the Fort Myers area, more than 50 miles away?

Like I mentioned in the other thread...this is effective immediately, and Oxbridge scrimmage tomorrow is outside of the 50 mile range. In addition, the staff plans for the coaching clinic in Maryland is probably canceled now.

50 miles from our stadium

Advertisement
Truth is..it is the SEC brass behind this, like has been stated- and they are shooting themselves in the foot with this. Michigan, Ohio state and the like coming down for camps wasn't really going to hurt...but LSU, Bama, UGA, Ole Miss, MSU, south carolina, tennessee- them being down here for those kinds of things every year would suck for us..They were going to do the same thing down here- bama and lsu and tennessee even if they didn't realize it at this time, it was their next move and it would've benefited them more than anyone=- they are being short sighted dumbasses - but thank god for that.

No street agent restrictions. $EC and Emmert remain unscathed.

UM

We'll be sticking around our area too. Didn't we used to do a camp in the Fort Myers area, more than 50 miles away?

Like I mentioned in the other thread...this is effective immediately, and Oxbridge scrimmage tomorrow is outside of the 50 mile range. In addition, the staff plans for the coaching clinic in Maryland is probably canceled now.

50 miles from our stadium

It's 58 miles from dolphin stadium..

Once again players get screwed and sec wins out .

The bad guys stay winning .

It was actually nice to hear Kiper, Dari and Booger rip the sec this morning . Nice change.

Saban and the rest of those crybabies like their power and advantages ,but ***** when somebody thinks up one they haven't thought of yet.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bama must has made a call to say they wanted the camps stopped. It surely was not done to protect us.

the entire sec and acc were against it. they had rules saying coaches couldn't go more then 50 miles from campus for camps wanted it to be nationwide.

they won. if they hadn't sec was gonna lift the rule for there schools.

It was actually nice to hear Kiper, Dari and Booger rip the sec this morning . Nice change.

Saban and the rest of those crybabies like their power and advantages ,but ***** when somebody thinks up one they haven't thought of yet.

I am as big a SEC-hater as anyone, but they did our program a favor by having these camps banned.
Not sure why you see it differently.
As far as the kids are concerned, there are still hundreds of college football programs at many levels awarding scholarships.
That hasn't changed.
The only fans complaining about the kids being hurt are those from Nebraska, Tennessee and other schools of
similar ilk who rely on raiding other school's backyard for talent and want those camps so they can have
their hairy paws on those regions - in particular FLorida.
So eff them and their self-serving "it's all about the kids" nonsense.

I am as big a SEC-hater as anyone, but they did our program a favor by having these camps banned.
Not sure why you see it differently.
As far as the kids are concerned, there are still hundreds of college football programs at many levels awarding scholarships.
That hasn't changed.
The only fans complaining about the kids being hurt are those from Nebraska, Tennessee and other schools of
similar ilk who rely on raiding other school's backyard for talent and want those camps so they can have
their hairy paws on those regions - in particular FLorida.
So eff them and their self-serving "it's all about the kids" nonsense.

This also helped the Iowa states of the world and smaller schools . Multiple HS coaches emailed in and said this took away the chance for a lot of kids to be seen . To ever get a chance to be in front of d1 coaches .

Sec crying about something " not being fair " is hilarious .

Their tv contracts , money in their football program , huge boosters to buy the best players and coaches . I mean Saban put a huge sign up in south Florida , I guess that's cool since the sec thought of it first .

It's bad when ESPN personalities are bashing the sec for this but guys like you are applauding it . They even went as far as saying it looks suspect when the NCAA comes to their money conference aid .

It's a filthy , disgusting game . Let's stop crying , the sec made it this way . At least this helped kids out, but who cares about that ? Let's stick up for the millionaire coaches in the most filthy conference .

Last edited:
Advertisement
The rule is just another rule that doesn't mean anything. Prior to Harbaugh wanting to come down here and set up camp, out of state university's were stealing recruits from FSU, FL and UM. The reason was two or more of those programs have been down at some point over the last 10 years. As history has shown, if all three are strong then the majority of the best recruits stay in state. So winning is shield the for all of this. But it takes all three programs being at the top of the rankings. Then every out of state team will go back to wishing that they had access to Florida recruits.

The ACC wanted for the ban as well so you just can't blame the SEC. Basically they didn't want northern schools coming to the south and setting up camps. This would allow kids to show their stuff to coaches from out of state which is good for the kids. In the end I think the decision is bad for the player and since half this board is pro player and thinks they should be paid then they should hate this ruling. Either way I don't see how it stops a college like Michigan from paying lets say Bathune-Cookman to allow the Michigan coaches to attend their camps as guest instructors and offer kids.

Harbaugh won regardless . Free exposure & media attention , made sec coaches look like scared *****es . Trolled everybody and rustled jimmies.

It was a win win . I'm sure he knew it wouldn't last .

Btw, the sec coaches were the ones coming out in the media crying. Let's be real , it it was only Acc coaches crying the rules wouldn't have changed .

Advertisement
Back