NCAA Bans Camps

capefearcane

Band
Banned
NCAA has banned camps more than 50 miles from campus. Shove it up yours, Harbaugh.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Not just Harbaugh. Just about every slimy program in a flyover state would have been down here in a second. This is a significant win for us.

Bama must has made a call to say they wanted the camps stopped. It surely was not done to protect us.

Not just Harbaugh. Just about every slimy program in a flyover state would have been down here in a second. This is a significant win for us.

Not really. Good recruiting pitch is showing all the recruits how much the schools up north wish they were down here

Advertisement

Not really. Good recruiting pitch is showing all the recruits how much the schools up north wish they were down here

I've kinda thought this all along. Now, if we can win a few games, we'll be OK.

We'll be sticking around our area too. Didn't we used to do a camp in the Fort Myers area, more than 50 miles away?

We'll be sticking around our area too. Didn't we used to do a camp in the Fort Myers area, more than 50 miles away?

Like I mentioned in the other thread...this is effective immediately, and Oxbridge scrimmage tomorrow is outside of the 50 mile range. In addition, the staff plans for the coaching clinic in Maryland is probably canceled now.

Pretty silly perspective.

We win a lot more from this ruling than we would from being able to say "look they like being near you too" while every school with more money than us throws massive time and efforts at our recruits.

Our biggest advantage is our geography. Anything that protects that is a plus for us.

Advertisement
This helps us a lot. I think Bama was behind it because they didn't want more northern teams, like Michigan, getting a foothold in the south. They knew if Michigan got away with it, Ohio State and others would as well. Glad it's been shut down.

Like I mentioned in the other thread...this is effective immediately, and Oxbridge scrimmage tomorrow is outside of the 50 mile range. In addition, the staff plans for the coaching clinic in Maryland is probably canceled now.

Our scrimmage is not a camp.

That's a good point. Harbaugh will probably come back down here and call it a scrimmage.

Michigan's spring practice isn't a camp.

Advertisement
Thing is that in Bama...a country mile is 25 miles so technically they could hold a camp 1000 miles away.

Alabama doesn't hold camps. They are paid retreats for high school coaches that bring their star players along.
Thing is that in Bama...a country mile is 25 miles so technically they could hold a camp 1000 miles away.

Can someone post the exact wording? If there are any loopholes they're going to have them under a different name.

Advertisement
Truth is..it is the SEC brass behind this, like has been stated- and they are shooting themselves in the foot with this. Michigan, Ohio state and the like coming down for camps wasn't really going to hurt...but LSU, Bama, UGA, Ole Miss, MSU, south carolina, tennessee- them being down here for those kinds of things every year would suck for us..They were going to do the same thing down here- bama and lsu and tennessee even if they didn't realize it at this time, it was their next move and it would've benefited them more than anyone=- they are being short sighted dumbasses - but thank god for that.

Bama can hold "Adopt a kid for the weekend" events anywhere they like. Being legally adopted, they are then allowed to give all the gifts they want.
Truth is..it is the SEC brass behind this, like has been stated- and they are shooting themselves in the foot with this. Michigan, Ohio state and the like coming down for camps wasn't really going to hurt...but LSU, Bama, UGA, Ole Miss, MSU, south carolina, tennessee- them being down here for those kinds of things every year would suck for us..They were going to do the same thing down here- bama and lsu and tennessee even if they didn't realize it at this time, it was their next move and it would've benefited them more than anyone=- they are being short sighted dumbasses - but thank god for that.

NCAA has banned camps more than 50 miles from campus. Shove it up yours, Harbaugh.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Why the hate for Harbaugh. He came up with a good idea and just about got away with it. I can't fault the guy for it.

I don't know if we will still be able to have coaches at DeMatha or not, but it's no coincidence that they would be at that talent rich program out of all the high schools across the country.

Bottom line, people always try and find an advantage. This one works out in our favor, something in the future will work out in someone else's.

Advertisement
Back