NC State Preview

Advertisement
Would love to see us come out firing the ball all over the field and then play press man 1 and make them feel us early. I guess I could settle for offense aggressive and defense in prevent all night since that’s how far away we are in zone most plays anyhow

Yet we managed to hold every opponent but Clemson to 7 points or less in the first half this season.

Yet we managed to hold every opponent but Clemson to 7 points or less in the first half this season.
It’s the double edged sword. Everyone wants press man with cover 1 or cover zero until you get beat over the top multiple times. For example, Pitt was far more aggressive in their coverage and didn’t give up a ton of total yards but still surrendered 31 points. Mostly because their over aggressive tendencies left them open to get gashed for big plays. Virginia wasn’t nearly as aggressive, gave up more yards but only surrendered 19 points.

I think we should use our cornerback size advantage and press more but the main objective is to keep the other guy out of the end zone. It’s like a poker game. Sometimes you have the hand to go all in, sometimes you’re better off biding your time.

I wanna see us play with aggression too, vs UVA we settled for too many FG's & punted the ball back to them way too many times.

On the road on a Friday night (idk how many fans they allow in their stadium in the current Covid protocol) but I'm expecting max amount of fans attending, it will be loud & the energy will be high. We need to take the air out of the stadium by converting drives for TD's & going for it on 4th down a lot more.

Can't have too many demoralizing 3 & out stops & giving them momentum with extra possessions.

I would throw the kitchen sink at them early & overwhelm them from the jump, if we come out there playing safe conservative ball we'll give them life & make it much harder game than it needs to be.

This team without their starting QB is not that good, we need to mash on the gas & hit'em in the mouth early.
4G fans

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back