NC State Preview

Advertisement
Hope Lashlee transitions away from inside zone runs for this game and into more stretch and sweeps to the outside.

I know it’s his bread & butter, but so was the QB draw for Patrick Nix. Need to see him mix up the running plays and give Cam more touches this Friday
We need to run more Zone Read this game too, gotta get King running the ball & applying pressure on their Defense.

We need to run more Zone Read this game too, gotta get King running the ball & applying pressure on their Defense.
I hope we find a way to use that stretch zone run out the RPO.. That play could be the play we use to open the run game up.. And I also think we use King in the running game, and this can help open up the play action to get mix matches for our TEs.. The run game is key in the match up, IF it's get rolling early Miami can WIN big but if we struggle it will be long night!!

Advertisement
Tempo tempo tempo. We should run for 250+ and we have to do a better job than we did last week of getting after the qb. These guys are young and inconsistent. If we get them uncomfortable, we hold them to single digits.

Thank you LCE for your commentary to the upcoming game against NCST. We haven't played them too much over the years since joining the ACC but always viewed them to have a good team all the way around. What always stuck out to me is that our Canes seemed to have more speed allowing them to get around the corner and turn up field on offense. Hope your assessment is the right one and if so, we pull away winning by 13-17 points...

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Great post, El. I've watched all their games, and I agree with all that. Wilson and McNeil will be a problem for us, but we should spread them out and tempo them to death. UNC and VT both destroyed them with a good run/pass mix and by being unpredictable. If Lashlee gets too simple and tries to force the run he'll play into their hands despite their bad numbers stopping the run. UNC ran it on them, but they opened it all up with the throw game.

NCSU was on the rise with Leary at QB. He's far superior to Hockman, but if we let Hockman dink and dunk us with wide open short passes, he will. We need to get in the receivers' pockets, and make Hockman throw into tighter windows because he panics and isn't accurate.

I would love to see us actually get yards in first down so we can sustain and drive and actually use our tempo. Seems like the last few games the offense is always at second and long and we haven’t really got into a true tempo offense.

does anyone have our offensive snap counts over the last 3 games. I want to 70+ plays on Friday night. Just destroy their will, or hit them for multiple big play TD’s haha either works. I want 35pts +

Lasher admitted yesterday I believe during an interview that King has missed a couple reads as he still learns the zone read. Said he has never don’t it before this year. Hopefully the bye week helps him get more comfortable and watch tape on spots he has missed in past games to pull it

Advertisement
Junior QB Bailey Hockman will get the start. He's thrown 55 passes on 1st & 2nd down, the majority of his passes come on 1st down, NC St likes to create 3rd & short situations so they can hand the ball off on 3rd downs, they're a throw to setup the run style offense with Hockman at the helm. He's very inaccurate & turnover prone, which means they're going to dink & dunk the ball as much as possible. Expect screens, RPO heavy & lots of targets to the TE.
So what you mean is they will move the ball at will on us. We basically suck at stopping all of those things. We like to stuff the run to sell out on the obvious passing downs. And this means we will play passive zone, tackle them after the catch, and then give up 2.5 on 3rd and 2. LOL Theres your first half synopsis folks. We will make adjustments, but after we spend a half getting picked apart.

So what you mean is they will move the ball at will on us. We basically suck at stopping all of those things. We like to stuff the run to sell out on the obvious passing downs. And this means we will play passive zone, tackle them after the catch, and then give up 2.5 on 3rd and 2. LOL Theres your first half synopsis folks. We will make adjustments, but after we spend a half getting picked apart.

Yet somehow we haven't allowed more than 7 points in the first half to any opponent other than Clemson.

Advertisement
I agree with your overview of what we need to do offensively. I’ll just emphasize, and I know it’s a pretty simple concept but something we haven’t seen in abundance this year, but if DK has his wheels this game, it won’t even be close.

Lasher admitted yesterday I believe during an interview that King has missed a couple reads as he still learns the zone read. Said he has never don’t it before this year. Hopefully the bye week helps him get more comfortable and watch tape on spots he has missed in past games to pull it
Hopefully he becomes more comfortable with it. I just don't understand why Lash continues to try and force this play. Lets let King do what he's good at rather than something he isn't comfortable with.

King has made multiple comments to the media this week about keeping on the zone read more. I understand he didn't do a lot of read at Houston but it's a staple of this offense and it's not brain surgery. If we can just gouge them with the pass enough to keep from overloading against the run, it will be a runaway.

Advertisement
Back