NC ST

Advertisement
Will be big to have Brevin and Mallory recover and those dealing with COVID. We won’t destroy them but it’ll be better than UVA

Advertisement
The Virginia game showed us this team has some issues with preparation, desire and toughness. Hopefully the players police that as much as the coaches.

Advertisement
source.gif
Which one of the 3 ate all the powdered donuts?

Advertisement
If Manny loses again coming off a bye week......he can start to think about tattooing that reputation on his forehead. That is a horrible statistic.

If anything, we need the bye to get our Covid guys back, for Brevin to get healthy and let old man Mallory heal up.
It's a great opportunity to recalibrate, get healthy and be creative about how we're going to attack the remainder of the season with our well-known weaknesses. I expect we'll come out very strong (offensively) after some rest and tweaking by the coaching staff. On defense I'd look forward to continuing to get the youngins more familiarity and reps on game day.

My biggest issue is 1st down efficiency. Lashlee has to do better with scheming and preparation to get positive yardage on 1st down. If not a dive we need another very high-percentage run or short pass to the TE/backs because his play-calling has consistently put us at a disadvantage lately. Maybe go 2-TE with one in the slot and throw a hitch if they leave him uncovered. We need a fall-forwad and get 4-5 yards type of play on first or something that makes them unpack the box if Lashlee is so determined to run the ball.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Long range forecast has the weather dry and temperature in the mid 50s Friday night 11/6. We all know Miami typically doesn’t play well in the cold so that’s not a bad forecast.

I'm not so sure we win against NC State. We've been getting worst by the week, while other teams are starting to get better. Also, we have a bye and given our staff's propensity to look like *** with added time to prepare and it being a Friday night game, doesn't inspire confidence.

Yes, but we're going to use that time for some civics classes - and who knows? Manny may be able to squeeze in a Peruvian Pottery class and possibly creative floral arrangement 101.

Can't let this precious time go to waste . . .

I think the lesson of the last 2 weeks is Miami will likely play uninspired football and eke out another ugly win when we should win by 2 TDs against a team missing its starting QB. Whatever the spread is, I'd bet on Miami not to cover.

Advertisement
Back