Navaughn Donaldson

Advertisement
Coach Justice said in his presser that they were trying to just bring ND along slowly so they don’t wind up with him hurt again.

What makes you think he can play center? I've seen nothing that says that.
Been reports that Justice had him there in the 4 spring practises and he was a bit of a natural and it seemed to be his pro position, obviously silent since. Also, sounded like Gaynor did well at guard for obvious reason.
I think it’s best if both worlds, get aggressive up the middle and more mobile. Downfall is we run a lot of IZ and ND takes up some space I hear.

Advertisement
From purely a physical standpoint, it would be nice to head into the Bama game with Zion-Donaldson-Gaynor-Rivers-Campbell or a similar combination.

I agree with this but you think the Staff will bench Scaife and Jakai Clark?

Scaife has been horrendous and they still start him

I agree with this but you think the Staff will bench Scaife and Jakai Clark?

Scaife has been horrendous and they still start him

Long time until next fall. We need to get more powerful. Scaife and Clark are valuable because they can play multiple spots and have experience.

Advertisement
Justice has said that his O-Line has been pretty banged up all season. Traore didnt practice before the VA Tech game and, considering he didnt, played decent.

I would be very surprised if we see Donaldson play on Saturday.

Donaldson would provide an automatic boost to our run game but he's a liability pass protecting.
Donaldson was Miami's highest graded OL last year in pass protection - 77.6 grade. Clark and Traore are 55.3 and 54.3 respectively.

Healthy Donaldson would be a huge boost.

77. Miami (FL)

The U has unfortunately been without left guard Navaughn Donaldson so far this season. He was Miami’s best pass-blocker last year with a 77.6 grade in that area. Donaldson could still make an appearance this season and that would bolster this line significantly. Jakai Clark and Ousman Traore have plugged in at left guard in his replacement and have earned grades of 55.3 and 54.3 respectively.

Advertisement
Long time until next fall. We need to get more powerful. Scaife and Clark are valuable because they can play multiple spots and have experience.
Can play is different from being good at. I could start at QB for the Lions but I wouldn't complete a pass over 3 yards if I prayed.

We could certainly use him. Our guards are guards are terrible. At the very least he won’t just get shoved into the backfield like Scaife does on every play.

Advertisement
Donaldson was Miami's highest graded OL last year in pass protection - 77.6 grade. Clark and Traore are 55.3 and 54.3 respectively.

Healthy Donaldson would be a huge boost.

He was the best lineman on one of the worst lines in Miami history. That's not much to boast about. I like Donaldson but he was a liability as well, especially when they put smaller and quicker lineman on him.

I would still start him because of his experience, ability to run block and Shear size.

He was the best lineman on one of the worst lines in Miami history. That's not much to boast about. I like Donaldson but he was a liability as well, especially when they put smaller and quicker lineman on him.

I would still start him because of his experience, ability to run block and Shear size.
77.6 pass block grade is very strong. That would be the 11th highest grade for an NFL guard, slightly behind megastud Quenton Nelson. I don't agree with everything PFF does but their OL grades are very accurate. It's ok to admit when you're wrong.

77.6 pass block grade is very strong. That would be the 11th highest grade for an NFL guard, slightly behind megastud Quenton Nelson. I don't agree with everything PFF does but their OL grades are very accurate. It's ok to admit when you're wrong.
I’m very much into the ol.

I watch Miami replays, then the second watch I don’t take my eyes off the ol. I started this when Al was here. It tells you everything.

I was very hard on ND last year. Then he got hurt against duke lol, boy did I wish he was back lol.

His weight hurt him pulling or getting down field with the run but on straight pass blocking he was above average. I think 60’s is average for pft so that grade seems about right for college. He never looked like scaife did against VT, that was an abomination of the position.

If he’s a full go I’d throw him in the next time scaife goes full on turnstile. It can’t be worse.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back