Navaughn Donaldson

rchy1979

Recruit
With the problems we have had at oline this year (mainly interior) would you go head insert him or work him back slowly. Really I think Clark and Scafe not the answer. We need some strength in there

Advertisement
To be honest, based on his knowledge of the game and experience, I'd go ahead and put him at Center, and push Gaynor over to RG and Campbell at LG.
Gaynor would be significantly better at pulling and same with Campbell. Also, imagine ND being free to be the second hitter on a double when Campbell/Gaynor have them locked, that a big load, furthermore, being a big body like that is a big deterrent to send middle blitzes.
My only question is, need some snap reps with the King.

Advertisement
To be honest, based on his knowledge of the game and experience, I'd go ahead and put him at Center, and push Gaynor over to RG and Campbell at LG.
Gaynor would be significantly better at pulling and same with Campbell. Also, imagine ND being free to be the second hitter on a double when Campbell/Gaynor have them locked, that a big load, furthermore, being a big body like that is a big deterrent to send middle blitzes.
Intriguing. I don't think Gaynor was that bad at G when Donaldson was out a couple games in 2017. Clark and Scaife kill me at G.

I'd put him in there immediately. Scaife has been a total lump of ****, and Clark/Traore just aren't good enough right now. Big Don is better than all three of those guys if we roll him out there with a bacon grease IV drip in his arm.

I'd put Campbell and Big Don at G, and leave everyone else in place. We'd immediately be 20x better on the OL with those two tweaks.

Advertisement
I’d have to be beyond sure he is ready endurance wise...

this is an uptempo offense in mid season form last thing we need is BS false starts because he isn’t set or jumps early because he gasping for air

I'd put him in there immediately. Scaife has been a total lump of ****, and Clark/Traore just aren't good enough right now. Big Don is better than all three of those guys if we roll him out there with a bacon grease IV drip in his arm.

I'd put Campbell and Big Don at G, and leave everyone else in place. We'd immediately be 20x better on the OL with those two tweaks.
I really hope Campbell gets a shot at guard. No way he isn’t one of the five best and he played well at LG last year. ****, he was decent this year at LT. Get him out there. I don’t want to see Scaife at guard anymore. He’s been awful. He can come back next year and compete at RT.

Advertisement
I really hope Campbell gets a shot at guard. No way he isn’t one of the five best and he played well at LG last year. ****, he was decent this year at LT. Get him out there. I don’t want to see Scaife at guard anymore. He’s been awful. He can come back next year and compete at RT.

He's absolutely one of the best 5.

Zion should be LT with Campbell at LG. That would keep the left side in good shape and you could have Gaynor shade his help to the right side and whichever guard you want to put in there.

Solid 5 I would like to see
LT Zion
LG Campbell
C Gaynor
RG Donaldson
RT Williams

have scaife will take Williams spot next year. Looks way better out at Tackle

Advertisement
What makes you think he can play center? I've seen nothing that says that.

This. Campbell is clearly better at Guard. And Scaife is clearly better at Tackle (or at least was -- he doesn't look as good this year, maybe he's injured).

My understanding is that they would love to do that, but ND had trouble picking up the nuances of the position

Advertisement
Back