National Title Game - who ya got???

Who was the last WR we had that was elite? AR82 had the potential but didn't have the longevity. Can't think of anyone else who really stood out. It's amazing we won 8 games with two absolute duds at WR.
Dorsett was a 1st round pick but I never thought he was “elite”. I did think he was good, but his combine numbers had more to do with his draft position than his production did.

Advertisement
Advertisement
May or may not but we definitely know it won’t if he doesn’t

I was watching a WW2 documentary a while ago and they had a story how during the campaign to take back the Philippines, the Navy ships guarding the landing forces took off to chase a Japanese fleet. Left the ground troops almost undefended except for 4 or 5 destroyers. From the other side of the island another *** fleet snuck around and the crew of the 4 destroyers knew they had the stand their ground to give the troops more time to offload. One of the destroyer captains got on the horn and said, "we will be engaging the Japanese fleet shortly. The outcome is doubtful but I know you will do your job." they gave the **** all they could even scoring a few hits but ultimately they were all sunk. Then the sharks came and ate a lot of the sailors in the water. And still, years later, not a single guy who survived whined afterwards that they should have cut and run, because they had a job to do. It annoys me when people are already admitting defeat before we've played the game. Yes the outcome is doubtful but you have to be a real douche to bring up that Miami doesn't have a chance at every opportunity.

Advertisement
We talk every year about how big our guys look after the off-season and sHT and then you compare them to what Bama and OSU is running out there and we look like a JV team.
I know that supposedly Bama has its guys on roids but whatever it is I wish Fed Ex would ***** up one of their deliveries and send it to Coral Gables..

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was watching a WW2 documentary a while ago and they had a story how during the campaign to take back the Philippines, the Navy ships guarding the landing forces took off to chase a Japanese fleet. Left the ground troops almost undefended except for 4 or 5 destroyers. From the other side of the island another *** fleet snuck around and the crew of the 4 destroyers knew they had the stand their ground to give the troops more time to offload. One of the destroyer captains got on the horn and said, "we will be engaging the Japanese fleet shortly. The outcome is doubtful but I know you will do your job." they gave the **** all they could even scoring a few hits but ultimately they were all sunk. Then the sharks came and ate a lot of the sailors in the water. And still, years later, not a single guy who survived whined afterwards that they should have cut and run, because they had a job to do. It annoys me when people are already admitting defeat before we've played the game. Yes the outcome is doubtful but you have to be a real douche to bring up that Miami doesn't have a chance at every opportunity.
Just a question..In all honesty being truthful to yourself do you really think Miami has a shot against this team next year ?

its great to always think you have a punchers chance but it doesn’t make someone a douche because they are facing the reality of the situation.

I’m seeing Bama’s DL not just shooting gaps, but getting off their blocks.

This is two teams w/ equivalent amount of blue chips & Bama looks to be on another level with their talent. I know OSU is missing some ppl, but I’m seeing Bama players a level above.

What’s worst? They are not going to have a drop off next yr. Smh.

Advertisement
Back