National Title Game - who ya got???

You taking Chase or Smith if you’re the Bengals and Sewell isn’t there?
I haven't scouted the OTs but I've heard Darrisaw is as good or better than Sewell, and we saw him shut down Roche so I'd trade down for him.

As for the WR tossup man my brain is hurting trying to decide. Chase is a killer at the catch point downfield and on 2nd reaction plays. He's also a beast on slants. Higgins already fit seamlessly in that offense and Chase is an even better player and fit. They need an X to replace AJ Green. Smith gives you more after the catch and has better separation skills but I think it makes sense to go with Chase cause they run a lot of empty and he fits so well - slants, back shoulder stops/fades, scramble drill.

But if it was an offense like the Vikings that plays a lot of 12 personnel with play action crossers I'd want Smith by far.

Advertisement
I saw a mock draft somewhere that had the dolphins taking Smith with the 3rd pick and Kyle Pitts with their other pick..that wouldn’t be a bad 1st round.
I definitely wouldn't be mad tho. We need all the offensive weapons we can get.

When I say figurehead what I mean is he has the coaches,Administration and willingness to spend money for whatever he needs so he’s not killing himself with 20 hour days....He doesn’t have to worry about recruiting or game planning it’s done for him.

if he was killing himself with 18-20 hour days like a lot of coaches are you think he’d have time to make all these **** commercials he’s making ..😂
That’s what makes him the GOAT. You can’t tie him to a single OC or DC. It’s a revolving door but one man is constant. Now I agree he’s probably not the Lead dog on the trail unless it’s a key kid who they need to close on. But by now that machine in Bama is on auto pilot as long as Saban still has the competitive spirit. Clearly he does. He’s about to win a Natty with Mac Jones. When u start winning rings with Game manager spot starter types then u different man

Advertisement
Advertisement
I thought LSU’s offense was the best I’d seen in CFB but **** if this one might be better and Lord knows how good they’d be if Waddle wasn’t hurt.

Advertisement
I respected it in the 1st qtr but the way he just limped off... Naw it's dumb now. Especially this late in the game.
**** I wouldn’t have advised him to play at all. Like Saban got these boys with a cult mentality for this program. Think about what tua did to comeback last year also. I’d take waddles cleats and helmet

Advertisement
Lesson to learn - WR, WR, WR. Football is all about the WR. With the rules of CFB, it gives WRs the biggest advantage on the field. A good QB (doesn't have to be elite) with an elite WR can do amazing things. Used to be if you didn't have an elite QB, you didn't have a chance. I think the best QB in the playoffs was Trevor Lawrence and he is sitting at home tonight.

Advertisement
Back