National Title Game - who ya got???

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lesson to learn - WR, WR, WR. Football is all about the WR. With the rules of CFB, it gives WRs the biggest advantage on the field. A good QB (doesn't have to be elite) with an elite WR can do amazing things. Used to be if you didn't have an elite QB, you didn't have a chance. I think the best QB in the playoffs was Trevor Lawrence and he is sitting at home tonight.
It’s the new 3-point ball in basketball equivalent.

**** I wouldn’t have advised him to play at all. Like Saban got these boys with a cult mentality for this program. Think about what tua did to comeback last year also. I’d take waddles cleats and helmet
That's why Saban is a ******* douche! and will always be one doesnt care about anyone but himself as long as he gets what it wants if he ruins a kids career or draft stock so be it

Advertisement
Lesson to learn - WR, WR, WR. Football is all about the WR. With the rules of CFB, it gives WRs the biggest advantage on the field. A good QB (doesn't have to be elite) with an elite WR can do amazing things. Used to be if you didn't have an elite QB, you didn't have a chance. I think the best QB in the playoffs was Trevor Lawrence and he is sitting at home tonight.
Have to start developing the position like Bama does. Smith, Waddle, Jeudy, Ridley didn't arrive the way they left. These kids run routes like pros and it's no accident.

That's why Saban is a ******* douche! and will always be one doesnt care about anyone but himself as long as he gets what it wants if he ruins a kids career or draft stock so be it
I don’t think that makes him a douche. That makes him a great motivator. To get these kids who’ve been told how great they were since 8th grade to buy into something not about them is something special. It’s the patriot way at the CFB level. All the superstars that Bama had had under Saban it always seems to be team first

Advertisement
Have to start developing the position like Bama does. Smith, Waddle, Jeudy, Ridley didn't arrive the way they left. These kids run routes like pros and it's no accident.

Who was the last WR we had that was elite? AR82 had the potential but didn't have the longevity. Can't think of anyone else who really stood out. It's amazing we won 8 games with two absolute duds at WR.

Advertisement
Waddle should not be playing. These players are warriors and sometimes the job of the coach, AD or GM is to sit the warrior for his own good.
For example, Durant should not have been playing against the Raptors when it was obvious his calf was not healed. Waddle limps off every play and the coward announcers use that as a positive about how bad he wants to play. And never say that the so-called adults (coaches) have to put an end to this before Waddle is more seriously injured like KD.

Yup and we've devalued that position over the last few years. Haven't had an elite WR since AR. Got to fix that if we want to start competing at a high level

Who was the last WR we had that was elite? AR82 had the potential but didn't have the longevity. Can't think of anyone else who really stood out. It's amazing we won 8 games with two absolute duds at WR.
Watching Miami this year the guy I really missed was Allen Hurns. He's the last Miami WR who would go across the middle and make tough catches. He wasn't elite overall but he was elite at that particular skillset. Would be nice to get another guy like that.

I thought Payton would be a stud and it just hasn't happened yet.

Advertisement
Back