National Regional Updates

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210604-134342_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210604-134342_Samsung Internet.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 5
Advertisement
Yes, I am spot on. They had to send someone to Oregon. Do you have a better option? There are three west coast regions and one west coast 4-seed. There isn't a regional near Connecticut. They had no local regional and Oregon had no local 4-seed.
A better idea than sending a team as far as possible when there are 15 other regions in between?

Yeahhhh

We will disagree on this one chief, sorry

A better idea than sending a team as far as possible when there are 15 other regions in between?

Yeahhhh

We will disagree on this one chief

Oh my.

Look at the 4-seeds and where they were sent. 12 of them are regional. They all fit. Four of them, though, are from the Northeast. One of those had to go to Oregon.

I'll ask again: who would you have sent to Oregon?

I have to remind myself that this is the board that was convinced that #2's and #3's are put in some kind of order.

Advertisement
Oh my.

Look at the 4-seeds and where they were sent. 12 of them are regional. They all fit. Four of them, though, are from the Northeast. One of those had to go to Oregon.

I'll ask again: who would you have sent to Oregon?
Any other 4 seed that is not 3,100 miles away would be a good start huh?

Any other 4 seed that is not 3,100 miles away would be a good start huh?

You put as many of them as you can in a regional that is close. That takes care of 12 4-seeds.

Then you have Central Connecticut, Army, Rider, and NJIT. All four are northeast schools. Which one goes to Oregon?

Advertisement
You put as many of them as you can in a regional that is close. That takes care of 12 4-seeds.

Then you have Central Connecticut, Army, Rider, and NJIT. All four are northeast schools. Which one goes to Oregon?
Central Connecticut State baseball player Billy: "Hey Mom and Dad we made the NCAA postseason come watch me play my final Sr year baseball games"

Billy's Mom and Dad: "That is awesome son all those 18 years of traveling and camps and tourneys all paid off, even though we went in debt we will not miss your final games for the world, but we can't afford to fly so we will just hop in the station wagon and road trip to watch you! Where are we heading?"

Billy: ........ "Eugene, OR, Google maps says it is only 3,100 miles and a 50 hour drive, can't wait to see you, love you guys"

Billy's Mom and Dad: "Send a postcard son, we ain't driving that f'ing far"

Central Connecticut State baseball player Billy: "Hey Mom and Dad we made the NCAA postseason come watch me play my final Sr year baseball games"

Billy's Mom and Dad: "That is awesome son l those 18 years of traveling and camps and tourneys all paid off, even though we went in dent we will not miss your final games for the world, but we can't afford to fly so we will just hop in the station wagon and road trip to watch you! Where are we heading?"

Billy: ........ "Eugene, OR, Google maps says it is only 3,100 miles and a 50 hour drive, can't wait to see you, love you guys"

Billy's Mom and Dad: "Send a postcard son, we ain't driving that f'ing far"

That stinks for Billy and his parents.

Looking at the bracket, who would you have sent to Oregon instead? Once you tell me, I can then explain why that didn't happen.

I think the point in all of this is the NCAA does the best they can but it's never going to be a perfect fit with 64 teams. While it would be nice for mom and dad to be able to see Billy play, that's not really something the NCAA can worry about.

Advertisement
The frustrating part has to be not being able to answer a basic question that has been asked four times now. If not Central Connecticut, who?

I think the point in all of this is the NCAA does the best they can but it's never going to be a perfect fit with 64 teams. While it would be nice for mom and dad to be able to see Billy play, that's not really something the NCAA can worry about.

Precisely. There are 13 regionals east of the Rockies, yet there are 15 4-seeds east of the Rockies. Someone has to go across the country. There is no way around it.

GT looks awful. I’m trying to figure out why Hall keeps going to Maxwell with people on base when all he does is walk people.

Advertisement
The NCAA baseball selection committee is the WOAT and always has been. It's not deniable. I will drop so we can discuss games that are happening. I have already answered your "question" though guy.

Just flipped on the FSU game and they are throwing Messick Game 1. Guess they are not taking SoMiss lightly.

The NCAA baseball selection committee is the WOAT and always has been. It's not deniable. I will drop so we can discuss games that are happening. I have already answered your "question" though guy.

Just flipped on the FSU game and they are throwing Messick Game 1. Guess they are not taking SoMiss lightly.
No, you didn’t. You didn’t say which team should have been sent there. I would have corrected you.

GT looks awful. I’m trying to figure out why Hall keeps going to Maxwell with people on base when all he does is walk people.
The entire ACC is dog *****, ND is the only school that has a probable chance to make Omaha and I'm not sure they do.

Advertisement
Back