National recruiting

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
@Liberty City El has been saying for years that we need to recruit nationally. His (accurate) point was that you can’t win national championships without national players.

My concern was always that we were getting leftovers nationally. I thought we had to win a little bit before we could compete with the big boys outside of Florida.

Mario has proven me wrong. We spent $80 million on the best recruiter in the country and then spent more on an elite staff. That, along with NIL, has allowed to skip a couple steps and take on the top dogs.

- Jaleel Skinner (South Carolina) picked Miami over Bama.

- Cyrus Moss (Las Vegas) picked Miami over USC

- TreVonte’ Citizen (Louisiana) picked Miami over LSU.

It has only gone up from there. Mario has a chance to land the #1 player in Washington and the #1 player in Oregon. That doesn’t make geographical sense. He beat Iowa for a Minnesota TE. He beat Clemson and OU for a Texas TE. Beat everyone for an elite California QB. Next up is stealing a New Jersey safety from Ohio State.

And this is just the beginning.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El has been saying for years that we need to recruit nationally. His (accurate) point was that you can’t win national championships without national players.

My concern was always that we were getting leftovers nationally. I thought we had to win a little bit before we could compete with the big boys outside of Florida.

Mario has proven me wrong. We spent $80 million on the best recruiter in the country and then spent more on an elite staff. That, along with NIL, has allowed to skip a couple steps and take on the top dogs.

- Travonte Citizen (Louisiana) picked Miami over LSU.

It has only gone up from there. Mario has a chance to land the #1 player in Washington and the #1 player in Oregon. That doesn’t make geographical sense. He beat Iowa for a Minnesota TE. He beat Clemson and OU for a Texas TE. Beat everyone for an elite California QB. Next up is stealing a New Jersey safety from Ohio State.

LOVE MARIO

km_20220701_1080p_1.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement

@OrangeBowlMagic this your cue😎

Advertisement
Incredible turn of events in the last 7 months. I don’t believe any of us could have foreseen any of it. We all knew Mario is a relentless recruiter but what he did with the “22 class and what he’s doing with the ‘23 class has far exceeded any expectations.

I’ll add that it sure seems the relationships he established while he was at Oregon are paying off big time. Riley is a great example of that.

Advertisement
LOL @ "That doesn't make geographical sense"

Mario thinks this is Ncaa 14!

I said this in another thread, and I'll say it again, CMC had to have this all planned out while he was in Eugene. Our program went full SEC overnight. The best OC, a legendary DC, top notch assistants, a legit AD, a money man (ruiz), New football facility, NFL GM, what else am I forgetting? Stadium?

And, he's a good character HC too! The kids love Mario. In the world full of fake, he's actually real and believes in building relationships.

I usually fall for the offseason BS every year! But man this feel different

Advertisement
Back