Napier to be hired at Florida?

Advertisement
I would've been pretty happy with Napier to UM, though would've preferred experience at a bigger program.

Advertisement
Who the F cares? If this is true, Florida rushed into a hire, provides additional legitimacy to the talk that their AD is a disaster.

I like Napier, but this is the exact hire that we said we didn't want. A G5 guy, up and comer with promise and potential but no proven success at the P5 level.
Could it work out for him at Florida??? I wouldn’t be surprised if it did

But as you mentioned, Miami is not in a position to gamble at this point

Advertisement
I think Napier is a decent coach. I think he will be slightly better than Mullen. If I’m picking a G5 guy, I maintain that I need to see dominant football like Meyer at Utah

Potential bright side- IF this doesn't work out for them then they're stuck with a legitimate hillbilly just slightly below the Jamey Chadwell level. Recruiting against that will be even easier than against Norvell.

The fact that Miami fans are quaking thinking about who UF may hire is beyond pathetic. Miami should run our race, a competent coach at Miami will win, period.
I don't really care, I was hoping the Bob Stoops stuff was true. While I think he is a good coach, surprised they would go that route. Seems like a middle of the road program move.

Advertisement
How is it possible that anyone believes this news?? Mullen was fired yesterday!1 You think UF rushed to hire this guy? Side note: F UF

How is it possible that you think discussions in the athletic department about Mullen's firing and path forward only started yesterday?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back