Names coming off the board (IMO)

I think Butch Davis should pull out of the UM deal.

And laugh while at ESPN.

I thought that awhile ago. You start using terms like "fall-back option"
Then play the waiting game on him?
I would be **** off. As other coach's start to decline on UM and others take jobs elsewhere, Butch would call and say.... F-off. But then they would HAVE to settle on Wario. Let's hope good old Wario lands at Rutgers

They'd end up with another Golden.

And I'll laugh after every game. It actually got to be humorous the last games of Golden's.

Some of the funniest stuff EVER. The Photoshops? Genius!

If I were Butch, seriously, I'd pull out. And tell the truth - UM is still run by a bunch of slack-jawed Fa**ots.

"They jerked me around the last time, and I left. I'm not interested in another ********."

Last edited:
Advertisement

And laugh while at ESPN.

Right bc he is getting so many other offers?

YOur dumb *** assumes he's wanting to coach. Not true.

He's wanting to coach at UM.

Big difference.

They make sound like the guy is unemployed (actually they throw this word around a lot) and doesn't have a good paycheck. The guy works a nice cushiony job at ESPN for God's sake and is well compensated for just taking football. Not many ex-coaches leave ESPN without being forced out but Butch wants to coach at Miami and they are using it against him.

You're a small-time thinker. I hope UM doesn't have the same inferiority complex as you do.

Nope. I have just been a UM fan for 33 years. I know my program by now. You should too..Leopard dont ever change its stripes. (shrugs) Im a realist.

Did you really just type "leopard dont ever change its stripes."?!?

Come on man.

What? We are who we are. No coach out there will understand us but one of our own. They wont understand why we are light years behind everyone else when it comes to facilities but still find a way to stay relevant...they wont understand why fans only come out to the games if we are winning...they wont understand why alumni are so passionate and former players are so invested in the program.... And who better then Butch to understand all these dynamics that make us a special program?

I dont blame these coaches for not being interested. YOU GUYS believed in them and they fooled you. Fuente didnt even want to come down for a phuckin interview!!! What does that tell you? Herman is using us for a raise. Patterson and Strong told us to go to ****. Chip isnt even returning our calls probably. What more do you need to see???? These dudes DONT WANT THE PRESSURE. And "Dreamchasers" like Franchise and Connie are trying to force them to WANT to be here. Man let them clowns go..Time to be about our business and get this thing going..#BBB .
Leopards have spots.

That's the level of cognitive functioning we're dealing with here.

And laugh while at ESPN.

Big difference.

They make sound like the guy is unemployed (actually they throw this word around a lot) and doesn't have a good paycheck. The guy works a nice cushiony job at ESPN for God's sake and is well compensated for just taking football. Not many ex-coaches leave ESPN without being forced out but Butch wants to coach at Miami and they are using it against him.

You think ESPN is paying Butch handsomely? LOL. You act like they're giving him Gruden money at ESPN. He's probably barely getting 6 figures from them. They're notoriously cheap, and they just got done laying off hundreds of people.

He's jumping out of his skin like a meth head to get the UM job. HC money and occasional studio work money are two totally different animals, friend.

Advertisement

And laugh while at ESPN.

Big difference.

You think ESPN is paying Butch handsomely? LOL. You act like they're giving him Gruden money at ESPN. He's probably barely getting 6 figures from them. They're notoriously cheap, and they just got done laying off hundreds of people.

He's jumping out of his skin like a meth head to get the UM job. HC money and occasional studio work money are two totally different animals, friend.

He has wealth and probably a pretty good net worth.

The money he earns at ESPN may not be coaching money - but he goes home most nights - especially nine months of the year with zero headaches.

Big difference.

The money he earns at ESPN may not be coaching money - but he goes home most nights - especially nine months of the year with zero headaches.

Yet he's begging for the UM job. So what's your point?

And I still want the question answered of why the **** Dantonio would leave MSU for the UM job?
It is ***ing MSU and East Lansing...who gives a chit? You act like they're some insanely AMAZING program.

Maybe he hates East Lansing or cold weather, it isn't exactly Coral Gables (see below). Maybe he realizes with Harbaugh and Meyer, it is difficult to win and/or at MSU he has hit his ceiling. Maybe he wants to be or have access to a better talent pool.

The median income for a household in the city was $28,217, and the median income for a family was $61,985 (these figures had risen to $29,885 and $81,941 respectively as of a 2007 estimate[15]). Males had a median income of $43,767 versus $30,556 for females. The per capita income for the city was $16,333. About 11.0% of families and 34.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 13.8% of those under age 18 and 3.7% of those age 65 or over.

Sounds like a lot of maybes...maybe he likes the food in Michigan? Maybe he likes cold weather? Maybe he likes the challenge of coaching against Harbaugh & Meyer?

I really get a kick out of how an opinion that is not yours is worthless and the author of said opinion is a dumb ***. You must be wickit smaht.

Go Canes!

BBB & CD!

It is a question you ****, can you read or are you a potato? Did anyone speak to Dantonio? How do you know? Of course we don't know and quite possibly HE WILL NEVER LEAVE. Does that mean we shouldn't try? As if MSU is some amazing program that it would be impossible to pull a coach from. Their prior coach was John L. Smith and he went 12-20 in the conference. Before Dantonio they were nothing and it's not like we're trying to pry Saban from Bama.

People always rave about the food in Michigan BTW.

INFRACTION!! He called me a derogatory word for ******! Or does that not apply to poor spellers? Your skin is to thin to be a Consiglere. You'd be sleeping with fishes already. Change your screen name to Fredo, prob will suit you better.

BBB & CD!

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Patterson was contacted by the U and so no thanks. He is not going anywhere and why should he? Its funny for the first time in the U's history they have the money to go after a top name coach and nobody is interested. They thought that's all it would take. What a bunch of *****.Butch should have been hired 2 years ago and this administration is fumbling around acting important .

100%

Big difference.

Yet he's begging for the UM job. So what's your point?

Chise, you're not that dense.

Give it a rest.

Before I make this post, please understand I have zero confidence in this school to make a great hire. I have no doubt the money is there to get a big name; I just think we're unorganized, wasteful, lack confidence and our track record is atrocious. With that being said...

Names will continue to come off the board (See Fuente) and positions will get filled (USC). Other positions will/are open (UGA) and some may never open (UT or LSU). If the school is holding out, perhaps for a currently employed coach, then don't expect them to make the decision over the next week possibly till the 14th. If they're waiting for a currently employed coach to make a decision or get fired, then expect to see more names come off the board during this time.

My hope is the reason they're holding out is because they have found 3-4 names they're interested in before Butch.

Those names would include (in no particular order):

1. Patterson,
2. Kelly,
3. Dantonio, and
4. Herman

I am not saying the school could get any of those names above but perhaps they're willing to wait. Go through the back channels (agents) and let them know WE WANT YOU AND HERE IS OUR OFFER. No interview, no bullchit, just let them know the job is yours today. Perhaps a coach like Patterson has had enough of TCU. He went 11-1 (8-1) last year and made the Peach Bowl. This year he is 10-2 (7-2) with 2 Ls on the road (against OU and OSU). Maybe he wants to move on to a school with a similar offer (maybe better) and better talent pool. Perhaps Fort Worth sucks. Who really knows? I can list other reasons for (1), (2) and (4) but that isn't really the point.

The other point is Butch Davis doesn't seem (IMO) to be entertaining other offers (perhaps they don't exist). He has made it known that he wants this gig. From BD's perspective, this is what he thinks is the best way to get the Miami job...essentially admit you want no one but them and show them you're dedicated.

BD is my floor, we can get better, but we shouldn't take someone beneath him (Strong, Mario and Schiano etc.). Because of BD we have the ability to extend this search since we can always go back to the floor. I know some are concerned with recruiting, but grabbing the right guy is MUCH MORE important. It has been a long time since we were relevant. The school should not *** this up.

Butch is not entertaining offers is like me saying I am not entertaining offers from victoria's secret models at the moment.

Your list is a joke. None of the 4 you listed will be interviewed and highly doubtful that are interested in coming to Miami.

I'm not ruling out Gary Patterson. That is the most realistic of all the Home Run hires we could possibly make. I have never been to FW so I'm not going to even ramble if it's a **** place to live or not. I'm not even going to talk about money, I'm sure all the big oil guys that are associated with TCU could give him what he wants and something UM can't compete with.

But.. he's capped out at TCU and there is no denying that. He just went 11-1 a few years ago and didn't even get in the playoff. The Big 12 has no championship game and that will not change any time soon, also holding teams from the conference from getting into the playoff. Whoever does the Big 12 schedule is a jackass, they backload it to where the only 3 decent teams all play eachother at the end. They get no respect for their first half schedule and are barely considered in the top 4 until they play those games, lose 1 and you are automatically out. TCU is never going to out recruit, A&M, Baylor, Texas, Oklahoma, and every other school coming into the state. Also, looks what is about to come on at Houston, they are doing everything they can to keep Herman.

TCU is losing a ton of key players after this year, including Boykin. 1 game without Boykin and they barely beat Kansas. I don't think Patterson wants to leave TCU in that situation next year and just up and leave, but if he is career minded at all and ever wants to win, it's now or never. Miami is the only place he's going to win at that is going to offer him any time soon. He's stuck at TCU after this year.

Gary Patterson is not coming to Miami. He is not a legitimate option. If it makes you feel good to think he might, go ahead but it isnt happening.

Advertisement
Your list is a joke. None of the 4 you listed will be interviewed and highly doubtful that are interested in coming to Miami.

I'm not ruling out Gary Patterson. That is the most realistic of all the Home Run hires we could possibly make. I have never been to FW so I'm not going to even ramble if it's a **** place to live or not. I'm not even going to talk about money, I'm sure all the big oil guys that are associated with TCU could give him what he wants and something UM can't compete with.

But.. he's capped out at TCU and there is no denying that. He just went 11-1 a few years ago and didn't even get in the playoff. The Big 12 has no championship game and that will not change any time soon, also holding teams from the conference from getting into the playoff. Whoever does the Big 12 schedule is a jackass, they backload it to where the only 3 decent teams all play eachother at the end. They get no respect for their first half schedule and are barely considered in the top 4 until they play those games, lose 1 and you are automatically out. TCU is never going to out recruit, A&M, Baylor, Texas, Oklahoma, and every other school coming into the state. Also, looks what is about to come on at Houston, they are doing everything they can to keep Herman.

TCU is losing a ton of key players after this year, including Boykin. 1 game without Boykin and they barely beat Kansas. I don't think Patterson wants to leave TCU in that situation next year and just up and leave, but if he is career minded at all and ever wants to win, it's now or never. Miami is the only place he's going to win at that is going to offer him any time soon. He's stuck at TCU after this year.

Gary Patterson is not coming to Miami. He is not a legitimate option. If it makes you feel good to think he might, go ahead but it isnt happening.

Read post 44 on this thread, I know this.

This was basically my opinion on the outside looking in. I'm just saying in the one above, he's the most likely of the 4 mentioned, and if there was ever a time he would leave, it's now.

And I still want the question answered of why the **** Dantonio would leave MSU for the UM job?
It is ***ing MSU and East Lansing...who gives a chit? You act like they're some insanely AMAZING program.

Maybe he hates East Lansing or cold weather, it isn't exactly Coral Gables (see below). Maybe he realizes with Harbaugh and Meyer, it is difficult to win and/or at MSU he has hit his ceiling. Maybe he wants to be or have access to a better talent pool.

The median income for a household in the city was $28,217, and the median income for a family was $61,985 (these figures had risen to $29,885 and $81,941 respectively as of a 2007 estimate[15]). Males had a median income of $43,767 versus $30,556 for females. The per capita income for the city was $16,333. About 11.0% of families and 34.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 13.8% of those under age 18 and 3.7% of those age 65 or over.

Sounds like a lot of maybes...maybe he likes the food in Michigan? Maybe he likes cold weather? Maybe he likes the challenge of coaching against Harbaugh & Meyer?

I really get a kick out of how an opinion that is not yours is worthless and the author of said opinion is a dumb ***. You must be wickit smaht.

Go Canes!

BBB & CD!

It is a question you ****, can you read or are you a potato? Did anyone speak to Dantonio? How do you know? Of course we don't know and quite possibly HE WILL NEVER LEAVE. Does that mean we shouldn't try? As if MSU is some amazing program that it would be impossible to pull a coach from. Their prior coach was John L. Smith and he went 12-20 in the conference. Before Dantonio they were nothing and it's not like we're trying to pry Saban from Bama.

People always rave about the food in Michigan BTW.

INFRACTION!! He called me a derogatory word for ******! Or does that not apply to poor spellers? Your skin is to thin to be a Consiglere. You'd be sleeping with fishes already. Change your screen name to Fredo, prob will suit you better.

BBB & CD!

Go Canes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0

Advertisement
Back