Name That Corch:

So tell me, does anyone really want Rich Rod? And if not, then what makes Charlie Strong, other than his skin color, any better?

Coming into this year there was plenty of people on the Rich Rod bandwagon. Funny how a few losses changes things.

Advertisement
Here we go with the recruiter stuff. I remember when Shannon was a great recruiter and when Golden was a great recruiter. Now we hear it with Corch Strong and Cristobal.

Winning recruits itself.

It's not about recruiting. It's about evaluating. Strong is an elite evaluator, especially when it comes to local kids.

LMFAO first of all Al Golden and Randy Shannon put more kids in the NFL than Strong.

Second of all, he isn't an elite evaluator at all. He feasted off of a massive transition period between a losing coach and a clueless coach who didn't want South Florida speed, but after Hurtt left didn't recruit well at all. See the current Louisville team.

Here we go with the recruiter stuff. I remember when Shannon was a great recruiter and when Golden was a great recruiter. Now we hear it with Corch Strong and Cristobal.

Winning recruits itself.

It's not about recruiting. It's about evaluating. Strong is an elite evaluator, especially when it comes to local kids.

DMoney, can you give me a list of players he's evaluated and developed that were under the radar. I would be interested to see why he would carry such a label. Strong is not a good HC. Really hope we don't get him.

Randy alienated local coaches b/c they didn't want to send their kids to play for him when he was a complete joke. He had no issue his first year recruiting the top class in the country. But then, when people saw how bad he was, he couldn't sell himself anymore. This is how it works, you racist piece of trash.

Al Golden recruited GREAT after his first season. But then he kept losing games and kids don't want to play for ******* losers.

I swear to god you should be disallowed from posting until you take a written test about college football and the history of the Miami Hurricanes.

Dead wrong... coaches are on record saying that Randy didn't recruit there school on of those was FN Miami Central. There are stories about coaches having to send their kids in the back of pickup truck to Miami because Randy would not come see them at all.

Randy only good class was full of Bulls which was his school. Maybe you should do some homework because you are obviously are wrong.

Golden did not recruit great he lost the top guns in every single one his classes and stars dont mean chit. What matters is the kids you bring in that can ball and this team is depleted of ballers. Also you need to be able to focus on your gaps and fill them with ballers. This team has so many holes because of his failures that overall he did a poor job of recruiting needs and building depth. If you want to argue that then just look at this current team and show me the depth. The SFL ballers that Golden failed on are staring it up all across the country.

Winning recruits itself.

DMoney, can you give me a list of players he's evaluated and developed that were under the radar. I would be interested to see why he would carry such a label. Strong is not a good HC. Really hope we don't get him.

He took a bunch of 3 star kids and won a horrible conference. Just like Rich Rod did.

He got lucky that Teddy Bridgewater wanted to play for a black HC.

Other than that, he's done nothing. Al Golden has coached more NFL players than Strong. It's a nonsense argument.

Advertisement
Randy alienated local coaches b/c they didn't want to send their kids to play for him when he was a complete joke. He had no issue his first year recruiting the top class in the country. But then, when people saw how bad he was, he couldn't sell himself anymore. This is how it works, you racist piece of trash.

Al Golden recruited GREAT after his first season. But then he kept losing games and kids don't want to play for ******* losers.

I swear to god you should be disallowed from posting until you take a written test about college football and the history of the Miami Hurricanes.

Dead wrong... coaches are on record saying that Randy didn't recruit there school on of those was FN Miami Central. There are stories about coaches having to send their kids in the back of pickup truck to Miami because Randy would not come see them at all.

Randy only good class was full of Bulls which was his school. Maybe you should do some homework because you are obviously are wrong.

Golden did not recruit great he lost the top guns in every single one his classes and stars dont mean chit. What matters is the kids you bring in that can ball and this team is depleted of ballers. Also you need to be able to focus on your gaps and fill them with ballers. This team has so many holes because of his failures that overall he did a poor job of recruiting needs and building depth. If you want to argue that then just look at this current team and show me the depth. The SFL ballers that Golden failed on are staring it up all across the country.

You can't even type using proper grammar. Reading your responses is like reading that of a 5th grader from the ******* Bronx.

Let me spell it out for you: MIAMI HAS THE SECOND MOST PLAYERS IN THE NFL. The issue isn't talent, or "recruiting ability". It's coaching. If you can't see that, you don't deserve to root for this team.

Winning recruits itself.

One thing folks overlook by and far when describing Strong as a great recruiter/evaluator is when he was coming to SFL and getting those James Burgess Jr/Teddy Bridgewater/Eli Rogers/Corvin Lamb/Gerod Holliman type of guys...is that we WHIFFED on those guys. With the right coach at Miami to begin with, we don't whiff on those guys, and guys don't get to blindly point to those players as elite recruiting or evaluating on Strong's part.

Strong, like many others from late Coker-era on, have gotten fat off of us letting ballers slip thru the cracks, whether it was guys that were ready-made that we couldn't pull or ignored outright, or diamonds in the rough that they were able to develop (and that we wouldn't have developed into anything anyway).

Strong looking like a great SFL recruiter/evaluator has a lot to do with how inept we've been in recruiting SFL locally in the past decade than it is any skill on Strong's part.

This is just some off the top of my head. Louisville has put 14 players in the NFL over the past two years, including four first rounders.

DeVante Parker- 3*
Calvin Pryor- 3*
Marcus Smith- 3*
Preston Brown- 3*
Lorenzo Maudlin- 3*
John Miller- 3*
Jamon Brown- 3*
Charles Gaines- 3*
Bryant Dubose- 3*

Winning recruits itself.

Yeah but can he hire a staff? I think Butch trumps him in that regard.

Advertisement

This is just some off the top of my head. Louisville has put 14 players in the NFL over the past two years, including four first rounders.

DeVante Parker- 3*
Calvin Pryor- 3*
Marcus Smith- 3*
Preston Brown- 3*
Lorenzo Maudlin- 3*
John Miller- 3*
Jamon Brown- 3*
Charles Gaines- 3*
Bryant Dubose- 3*

Here's a dirty little secret:

Al Golden put more than that in the NFL. So did Randy. Anyone who has south florida players will put kids in the NFL. It's the number 1 area for NFL talent on earth.

And it's meaningless on the college level if you can't coach. Charlie can't coach. He did great at a zero pressure, zero expectation, non-Power 5 conference team. But now that he's running with the big dogs, he is showing his ***. He has been a MISERABLE failure at Texas.

Stacking a team with future NFL players guarantees NOTHING in the win loss department in 2015. NOTHING.

Butch is not the best recruiter
Strong, Mario, etc. are not the best recruiters

WINNING is the best recruiter. Give me a coach and staff who can win on game day (with near equal talent), and that's who I want.

Winning recruits itself.

LMFAO first of all Al Golden and Randy Shannon put more kids in the NFL than Strong.

Second of all, he isn't an elite evaluator at all. He feasted off of a massive transition period between a losing coach and a clueless coach who didn't want South Florida speed, but after Hurtt left didn't recruit well at all. See the current Louisville team.

Why talk nonsense? That doesnt help your case at all.

Go look at the schools draft trends before these coaches got there and tell me who had the biggest impact?

Then go look at every school in the country and tell me what coaches have had a bigger draft and overall talent impact that Strong has on Lousiville. You will have to go back to Saban to see that type of drastic change. He changed that school dramatically during his tenure and you cannot argue that. Strong's root in SFL as a recruiter and evaluator started while at Florida and he has dominated every Miami coach since.

If Miami could see that type of change then it would be a dynasty once again.

WINNING is the best recruiter. Give me a coach and staff who can win on game day (with near equal talent), and that's who I want.

So why did Randy have the number 1 recruiting class after a horrible losing season? Logic fail.

Show me one team that has won a title without depth and talent.

Winning helps you maintain. Recruiting helps you win. You cant have one without the other. Winning the coastal isnt going to do chit for us.

Advertisement

It is not so much that Butch is the best recruited as it is that the kids he recruits end up being the best players.

DeVante Parker- 3*
Calvin Pryor- 3*
Marcus Smith- 3*
Preston Brown- 3*
Lorenzo Maudlin- 3*
John Miller- 3*
Jamon Brown- 3*
Charles Gaines- 3*
Bryant Dubose- 3*

Here's a dirty little secret:

Al Golden put more than that in the NFL. So did Randy. Anyone who has south florida players will put kids in the NFL. It's the number 1 area for NFL talent on earth.

And it's meaningless on the college level if you can't coach. Charlie can't coach. He did great at a zero pressure, zero expectation, non-Power 5 conference team. But now that he's running with the big dogs, he is showing his ***. He has been a MISERABLE failure at Texas.

Stacking a team with future NFL players guarantees NOTHING in the win loss department in 2015. NOTHING.

He cant coach because you say he cant coach.. sorry you cant see the issue with that logic.

Charlie has had two rough season while at Texas with a slew of issues to boot. Charlie can coach and he has already proven that. Biased minds dont even try and see. Thats a fact.

Advertisement

You can't even type using proper grammar. Reading your responses is like reading that of a 5th grader from the ****ing Bronx.

Let me spell it out for you: MIAMI HAS THE SECOND MOST PLAYERS IN THE NFL. The issue isn't talent, or "recruiting ability". It's coaching. If you can't see that, you don't deserve to root for this team.

Sorry but if you think this is the 2nd deepest and talented team in college then you don't even deserve to have an opinion. You try and use stats to say something that has nothing to do with your argument. If you don't think Hurricanes has more letters in it than Cardinals then you don't deserve to be a Miami Hurricanes fan. FN douchy doucher.

You can have 8 first rounders on offense and a horrible D and lose every game.

Recruiting is about building depth and filling holes. You need to be able to get the guys you need. This aint basketball. If you cant do that then you lose and it doesn't matter how many NFLers you have.

And grammar police are the biggest douche bags on planet earth. I would bet that you have zero friends.

Strong is going through what Rich Rod went through at Michigan, but with Texas. Neither was a good fit for their respective schools. Texas' defense looks like utterly pathetic, yet Strong has produced strong defenses at USCe, Florida, and Louisville. He didn't just all of a sudden forget how to coach defense. Also, he's having to get Mack Brown's players to buy into his system and abandon the country club atmosphere as well.

It is not so much that Butch is the best recruited as it is that the kids he recruits end up being the best players.

Your exactly right. His three stars will beat your 4 and 5 stars and SFL is littered with those kids. That's how you build teams like the 2001 team. Butch and Strong have the best ability to put that type of team together again.

I would even argue that team was so bland on O and D that coaching X and Os was not their strong suit. They would just line up and bring it. You could see every blitz and knew just about every play they were running just by their sets.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back