Name That Corch:

FullyERicht

Thunderdome
Two coaches:

One had a .700 win percentage, the other a .711 win percentage.

Coach A won the Big East 4 out 7 years. Coach B won the Big East 2 out of 4 years.

Both coaches crowning achievement was winning the Sugar Bowl with an 11 win team.

Both coaches got hired by major brand, big time college programs.

Coach A had a win % at his new major program of .400

Coach B had a win % at his new program of .420

Coach A is Rich Rod. Coach B is Charlie Strong.

So tell me, does anyone really want Rich Rod? And if not, then what makes Charlie Strong, other than his skin color, any better?

Advertisement
Cause he can "recruit"

That's valid so make him recruiting coordinator

One beat a top 3 SEC team and a top 10 Oklahoma team while being a heavy under dog. But ya know everybody beats Bob Stoops, so it doesn't count right?

not really fair to compare RR record in 3 years at Mich to Strong's partial year at TX

RR has proven that he is decent but nothing special. Strong is still in a sort of limbo period.

just give me Butch NOW

Advertisement
Oh yeah Rich Rod has been at mighty big time program Arizona since 2011, but Strong is black so ya know.

Oh yeah Rich Rod has been at mighty big time program Arizona since 2011, but Strong is black so ya know.

Rich Rod went to Michigan and was fired after 3 bad seasons. Just like strong will be.

Yes, I'm sure you, who joined last month and have some urban rap album as your handle, like Strong for his coaching skills and not his skin color. It's disgusting and disgraceful that in 2015 we have people who act this way.

It's reported that VT wants RR, badly. They can have him, and/or Strong.

Rich Rod went to Michigan and was fired after 3 bad seasons. Just like strong will be.

Yes, I'm sure you, who joined last month and have some urban rap album as your handle, like Strong for his coaching skills and not his skin color. It's disgusting and disgraceful that in 2015 we have people who act this way.

Lol hilarious... the thing is though Butch and Patterson are my top 2 choices, Strong is 3rd so I doubt I support him only bc he's black.

Advertisement

Lol hilarious... the thing is though Butch and Patterson are my top 2 choices, Strong is 3rd so I doubt I support him only bc he's black.

If he was white or hispanic, you wouldn't even give him a single thought. B/C he's the black Rich Rod and has no business being our coach.

Strong may be the best recruiter of SFL right now regardless of coach or school and there is no doubt that he would recruit SFL better than anyone. He also has an eye for talent that's on par with Butch.

I would take Chip Kelly as my number 1. Go cowboys this week!
From there I would take Patterson.
Number 3 is Butch and the most likely out of my top 3 to even seek an interview.
After that its Strong.

If a coach comes in here and cannot relate to SFL kids then you just made another 5 year error.

The first two will get recruits just off of the name splash they would make coming here and they can coach their asses off.
The next two can just flat our recruit and have a great eye for talent and they are just better than avg coaches.
I dont think Strong relates to Texas kids like he does SFL kids and I also think around every Austin corner he has had people working against him from day 1.

Here we go with the recruiter stuff. I remember when Shannon was a great recruiter and when Golden was a great recruiter. Now we hear it with Corch Strong and Cristobal.

Winning recruits itself.

Why do you completely ignore the one factor that makes Strong different in SFL? Rich Rod is not even close to the SFL recruiter that Strong is which is a huge plus for a Miami team because if you can fence up SFL then the game is literally over.

Also Strong has half of his first recruiting class at Louisville get drafted.

I think the fact that you don't include that in your argument proves your own bias.

Every coaching situation is different and to sit here and try and say they are the same is foolish.

Texas was going downhill when Strong took over and he had some key injuries and he has ruined his greatest intangible asset which is recruiting SFL because SFL kids don't want to go to Texas.

Advertisement

Why do you completely ignore the one factor that makes Strong different in SFL? Rich Rod is not even close to the SFL recruiter that Strong is which is a huge plus for a Miami team because if you can fence up SFL then the game is literally over.

Also Strong has half of his first recruiting class at Louisville get drafted.

I think the fact that you don't include that in your argument proves your own bias.

Every coaching situation is different and to sit here and try and say they are the same is foolish.

Texas was going downhill when Strong took over and he had some key injuries and he has ruined his greatest intangible asset which is recruiting SFL because SFL kids don't want to go to Texas.

HOW MANY TIMES DOES RECRUITING NEED TO BE EXPLAINED TO YOU SIMPLETONS???

HOW MANY?????

The only thing that shuts down recruiting is WINNING. Great coaching is what wins.

I mean it is unfathomable to me how dense you can be after having experienced Randy and Al. How have you not figured it out yet? For fvcks sake how dumb can you POSSIBLY be.

LMFAO South Florida kids want to go to winners. That's why they go to LSU, and OSU, and Bama, and FSU. For fvcks sake learn more and post less.

Here we go with the recruiter stuff. I remember when Shannon was a great recruiter and when Golden was a great recruiter. Now we hear it with Corch Strong and Cristobal.

Winning recruits itself.

Shannon was not a great recruiter he alienated local coaches and refused to recruit some of the biggest schools in SFL.

Golden was a Yankee white dude that no parents trusted because he was selling school that was in trouble with the NCAA and it was obvious his team was undisciplined and didn't get his complex PSU slow style of football.

Show me how those things have anything to do with Strong. Strong got better SFL kids while at Louisville than Golden did. he got better kids at Florida then Shannon did.

This crap about winning and they will come is also stupid as ****.

There aint no coach in the country that would have won that Clemson game for us. You need the recruits before you can win. You need the depth before you can dominate.

Butch is not a great coach, he is a great recruiter with a great eye for talent.

Saban will tell you he is not a great coach but the best recruiter, he even builds his staff off of SLF guys so he can keep his hooks in down here. You think he coveted Mario for his coaching ability?

But to you in all your mighty biased wisdom don't have the ability to see the value in the one thing Miami has going for them. We are behind in every other aspect of the game and if you don't fully take advantage of recruiting SFL then you lose. Its really that simple anything else is total nonsense coming from biased or idiotic minds.

Advertisement

Winning recruits itself.

It's not about recruiting. It's about evaluating. Strong is an elite evaluator, especially when it comes to local kids.

Randy alienated local coaches b/c they didn't want to send their kids to play for him when he was a complete joke. He had no issue his first year recruiting the top class in the country. But then, when people saw how bad he was, he couldn't sell himself anymore. This is how it works, you racist piece of trash.

Al Golden recruited GREAT after his first season. But then he kept losing games and kids don't want to play for ******* losers.

I swear to god you should be disallowed from posting until you take a written test about college football and the history of the Miami Hurricanes.

Winning recruits itself.

It's not about recruiting. It's about evaluating. Strong is an elite evaluator, especially when it comes to local kids.

Exactly but there are also great evaluators out there and Miami is the most evaluated locale in the country and you do need to be able to win those battles.

Strong may be the best recruiter of SFL right now regardless of coach or school and there is no doubt that he would recruit SFL better than anyone. He also has an eye for talent that's on par with Butch.

I would take Chip Kelly as my number 1. Go cowboys this week!
From there I would take Patterson.
Number 3 is Butch and the most likely out of my top 3 to even seek an interview.
After that its Strong.

If a coach comes in here and cannot relate to SFL kids then you just made another 5 year error.

The first two will get recruits just off of the name splash they would make coming here and they can coach their asses off.
The next two can just flat our recruit and have a great eye for talent and they are just better than avg coaches.
I dont think Strong relates to Texas kids like he does SFL kids and I also think around every Austin corner he has had people working against him from day 1.

I'm sorry, but Strong is not on par with Butch in regards to eye for talent. Tell me what JC (Shockey) or Low Stars (Wayne, Reed, Moss) did Strong develop. His claim to fame is getting Bridgewater. He has stunk without him. For the love of god I hope he is not our next coach.

Advertisement
Back