Name one FSU offensive player that starts for us

Not sure what the point of the thread is, but it's not terribly useful in deciding which team wins the matchup, especially considering that a home team underdog in a rivalry tends to play better than in a typical week.

Advertisement
Who is guarding tate from UM this week? Would say malek but the height disadvantage is tremendous . I guess delaney, we will have to see how that goes tbh

Call me crazy, but I really think we gotta watch their TE. Jimbo gonna try to sneak a few in on us with Izzo bc he knows we ain't stressing him.

from what i remember they seem to use their slow as TE quite often for big gains

Who is guarding tate from UM this week? Would say malek but the height disadvantage is tremendous . I guess delaney, we will have to see how that goes tbh

Call me crazy, but I really think we gotta watch their TE. Jimbo gonna try to sneak a few in on us with Izzo bc he knows we ain't stressing him.

from what i remember they seem to use their slow as TE quite often for big gains

He's so sorry, but he always catches the ball bc HE'S ALWAYS WIDE OPEN. They call his number just at the right time and it always goes for a big gain.

From what I've seen of the FSU offense

OL - Their OL has looked really, really bad. Our DL should control and put consistent pressure on their OL the whole game.
QB - Blackman has looked good under the circumstances, but he's definitely prone to make mistakes. He holds the ball too long even if they had a good OL.
RB - Patrick can be effective, but nothing special. Akers hasn't looked very good. He's making some weird cuts and bad reads. Probably a combo of learning RB and over thinking things. He doesn't look very confident.
WR - Tate is legit. He's the 1 guy I worry about. Campbell & Murray can also make plays, and I haven't seen much from Izzo. But these guys are good enough to hurt us if the QB has time.

Bottom Line - our front 7 should be a nightmare for them all game. We should have plenty of sacks, tackles for a loss, and force multiple turnovers. Defensive breakdowns like we had against Toledo leading to big plays is what I worry about. FSU should not be able to move the ball consistently on us. I think hoping for a couple big plays is all they've got.

No reason why we shouldn't hold FSU to under 20 points.

Advertisement
Our OL got child abused against Duke so I'd look into that unit first

Advertisement
Their oline has more to be worried about... yeah they're going to get sacks and pressure but it's probably not going to be that serious

Advertisement

Akers isn't even starting for FSU.

Exactly. And they are 1-2. Let’s revisit after our game. He’s comin.

Somebody BAND this obvious troll.

8993682a3d08ca0c7775686c181bb71c.gif

Defense stat rankings.

Pass efficiency. Miami 28 / FSU 88
Run. Miami 46 / FSU 38
TFL. Miami 2 / FSU 15
Sacks. Miami 10 FSU 87

Advertisement

How would Akers start if Akers doesn't start?...so you're saying Akers is better than Walton? Btw I love how people are mentioning him while Jacques Patrick's had 120 yards for 19 vs. Wake forest, but Akers da gawd and his astounding stat line of 58 yards on 14 carries against Wake forest is who we're saying would start.

Last edited:
Don't know about offensive players, but Derwin James will be the best safety any of our guys will see in their lives.

Defense stat rankings.

Pass efficiency. Miami 28 / FSU 88
Run. Miami 46 / FSU 38
TFL. Miami 2 / FSU 15
Sacks. Miami 10 FSU 87

I see a defensive bump up in the horizon...just something my gut is telling me...nothing to do with their offense making LSU's look like the great new offensive innovation in football.

Advertisement
Back