N' Kosi Perry

Advertisement
I think if the OL is solid enough, they dont even second guess it and start him. And maybe come FSU they rotate with either Sherriffs or Rosier if he doesnt look comfortable, but our schedule is waaaaaaaaaaaay to easy to not get Richts ideal QB for his system started. Kid looks like he makes good decisions on passes most of the time and his mobility is something we NEED to create time for WRs to get open. Comes in next month right?

Ocala's RB is elite. Will be a high 4 star at FSU.

As for N'Kosi...
Looks great running the read option
Has confidence throwing the ball over the middle of field
Needs to improve 3 step drop slant routes
Got hit late OOB pretty hard and got right up
Laid a nice crackback block for his RB
Is extremely elusive in the pocket with pressure in his face

They run a lot of the same stuff we do - the transition shouldn't be painful.

Ocala won that game 62-21, and N'Kosi led them to a 10-2 season.

Last edited:
Advertisement

As for N'Kosi...

Justin Watkins flipped to Texas a few months ago.

Advertisement
I mean you've just seen with Weldon that a kid can look like Brett Favre in high school, but struggle as a Freshman at the college level.

Perry might be the exception, but I'm not really counting on him this season. I think we're in trouble if we are.

Last edited:
The reports on this and other sites, plus the S. Florida newspapers, indicate that none of the QBs have shined this spring. If Perry arrives mentally prepared, the job is his. A couple of easy early games will help build his confidence. A monster defense that compensates for woes on offense will shelter the new QB during his learning process. Perry is the Cane QB of the future, and the future is now. The real QB competition will be in 2018 when Sitkowski arrives.

Perry is already running Richts offense. He has the playbook already and he never misses out on qb/coaches game film meetings.

Advertisement
His mechanics need work, and his release is a little slow. College DBs will be able to break on his throws if he doesn't develop a quicker release.

Having said that, he should be our starter. Just needs to fine tune some mechanical things. He's accurate, has a heck of an arm, uses his feet to set up throws, and he just has a feel for how to lead an offense without being the GUY

Our QB situation will likely keep this team from accomplishing what it should this season. That's a **** shame. I've yet to see a summer-arrival freshmans QB lead a team to anything of substance, and the guys already here have been dismal this spring.

The QB situation is currently a pig for this year. You guys counting on a summer arrival to lead this team to anything significant are setting yourselves and him up for a big fall.

Our QB situation will likely keep this team from accomplishing what it should this season. That's a **** shame. I've yet to see a summer-arrival freshmans QB lead a team to anything of substance, and the guys already here have been dismal this spring.

The QB situation is currently a pig for this year. You guys counting on a summer arrival to lead this team to anything significant are setting yourselves and him up for a big fall.

Nobody is expecting the Fresh to win big.

Advertisement

As for N'Kosi...

The RB just withdrew from there last week.

Not a dig, but you along with a few others also said how massive a failure it was that richt hired manny Diaz to run his defense... just let it play out

Nobody is expecting the Fresh to win big.

Then what are they expecting? Everyone's all in on losing 4 or more games this year? We'll see if everyone is still so forgiving if the wheels come off the offense this year and we waste a loaded roster.

Not a dig, but you along with a few others also said how massive a failure it was that richt hired manny Diaz to run his defense... just let it play out
Not a dig, but you're the same cvnt-faced mongoloid who was riding Folden's nuts long after everyone else bailed.

Everyone with any sense was skeptical of Diaz based on past results. Not a dig, but your pvssy *** can find posts on here where I was cautiously optimistic about our defense based on the Kool hire and the improvement that was almost guaranteed by a more aggressive upfield approach. You'll also find posts where I was one of about 3 guys who expected our defense to still be good after AQM, Grace and Young got greased.

Not a dig, but your mom should have swallowed you instead of letting you dribble into her box.

Advertisement
Back