Myles Mooyoung commits

Advertisement
Ayyyy my Alma mater. If Groves still like it used to be this kid aint worried about UM tuition.
This is an interesting situation...

Gaytors try to get 3-star Savion Collins to walk on at UiF, where Collins would only have to pay in-state tuition, and Collins chooses G5 FIU instead.

Miami has 3-star Myles Mooyoung pay exorbitant private school tuition, which he chooses to do over multiple P5/G5 offers.

View attachment 143200

Actually, being a private school with high tuition, we've been way behind other program in the walk-on game for decades. Nebraska used to carry a 150 player roster.
This has really hurt the baseball team since they typically can only give out partial scholarships. I do remember them talking about potentially addressing that for baseball, but not sure if they did or not.

This has really hurt the baseball team since they typically can only give out partial scholarships. I do remember them talking about potentially addressing that for baseball, but not sure if they did or not.

Has only "partially" been addressed by the new NCAA rules. Baseball needs to move to "headcount" scholarship rules, and increase the number given. You could easily offset the Title IX impact by fielding a women's softball team with "headcount" scholarships, not "equivalency" scholarships.

Advertisement
6’1 DB from Illinois commits to the Canes

Who Is This GIF

Advertisement
I never understand the whining about PWOs. Not exactly apples to apples but Marshall has routinely found walk ons that ultimately started. Just this year their all conference S and all American OG were former walk ons. You can find good players that way. And at worst he’s a scout team guy that adds depth. There is no downside.

Welcome to the U!

Advertisement
Happy to have you young man.
Work hard on and off the field, enjoy the sun, especially from Nov-March when your friends in Illinois will hate hoping outside
And get a degree and make your parents proud. You‘ve already taken a strong 1st step by being admitted to UM

Irvins is a ****head... All his sources are gone & he only gets info from the staff when they feel it’s beneficial.

Baez doesn’t even talk to him anymore lol.
Thats what happens when you burn the home team. I bet that whole Marshall fiasco was the last straw, buddy got the blackball for real after that. Hope it was worth it for him

Advertisement
He reached out to the staff , he’s a huge cane fan and it’s his dream school, for real . I was told he’d be signing at BC if we didn’t offer but maybe something changed. Maybe they told him pwo with a chance at a scholly down the road.
BC is better academically than us (perhaps significantly) and roughly the same exorbitant price so I'm absolutely not going to have anything but respect for a kid that chooses to come here as a PWO in lieu of somewhere else in conference for free.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back