Myles Mooyoung commits

Advertisement
This is an interesting situation...

Gaytors try to get 3-star Savion Collins to walk on at UiF, where Collins would only have to pay in-state tuition, and Collins chooses G5 FIU instead.

Miami has 3-star Myles Mooyoung pay exorbitant private school tuition, which he chooses to do over multiple P5/G5 offers.

View attachment 143200
He reached out to the staff , he’s a huge cane fan and it’s his dream school, for real . I was told he’d be signing at BC if we didn’t offer but maybe something changed. Maybe they told him pwo with a chance at a scholly down the road.

He reached out to the staff , he’s a huge cane fan and it’s his dream school, for real . I was told he’d be signing at BC if we didn’t offer but maybe something changed. Maybe they told him pwo with a chance at a scholly down the road.
Ivins just said the staff has no idea who this kid is.

Advertisement
I've heard that if a PWO is given a scholarship after 1 year, it only counts towards 85. It wouldnt be an IC. Do you know if thats true?

Yeah, I mean, I have nothing against this move, as long as it doesn't cost us an IC. I think we could put him on scholarship after 1 year without counting as an IC.

I just think this ****e is hilarious, is all. Gaytors acting like they were gonna scoop up Savion Collins on the cheap, and meanwhile, Miami actually does pick up a 3-star on the cheap, at our position of greatest need.

Let T-Rob coach the kid up, let's see how this turns out. Better than converting a WR to CB.

Advertisement
If someone comes on as a PWO and then gets a scholarship the following year, does his scholarship count against that IC that year? If not - since we are so under the team scholarship limit, I don't see the downside of this if he is willing to pay a year on his own.

EDIT: Mr Crabs posted the same question just before I did.

Advertisement
This is an interesting situation...

Gaytors try to get 3-star Savion Collins to walk on at UiF, where Collins would only have to pay in-state tuition, and Collins chooses G5 FIU instead.

Miami has 3-star Myles Mooyoung pay exorbitant private school tuition, which he chooses to do over multiple P5/G5 offers.

View attachment 143200
If any of those offers were commitable he wouldn't be walking on here

Advertisement
Being a 3*, I was thinking he might have a chance at a scholly.

Seems like a win-win then. I guess they go through standard financial aid route for year 1 like the rest of us plebians.

Yeah, the timing is interesting. For now, I will ASSUME he is not a Spring Semester enrollee, but if he was, he might have to go 1.5 years, I'm not sure if the football team awards scholarships mid-year.

BAMA gets 5 star players for bench warmers, we get MOOYOUNG
Game Master Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back