Myles Mooyoung commits

Advertisement
This kid just earned a fan in me. He walks on after refusing offers because of how much he loves The U?! Says he WANTS to prove himself here? How can you be a Cane fan and NOT root for this kid? I hope he shoves the hate of you fake fans down your throats and clean out your backsides. Welcome to The U young man and best wishes here and beyond!

Last edited:
Let me be more clear:

Have we had any Hunter Renfrow situations, Clay Matthews, ****, even Stephen Goatkowski or Luke Falk type of walk on players, here?
It’s very unlikely that we ever will given the cost of attendance at UM vs a state school. A guy like Jaoquin Gonzales, who was on academic scholarship while still being a good enough athlete to play at the FBS level isn’t a common occurrence. Those are usually the guys who play football at Ivy League schools.

Jfc who gives AF if this kid never does anything but plays special teams and add practice depth?

Advertisement
It’s very unlikely that we ever will given the cost of attendance at UM vs a state school. A guy like Jaoquin Gonzales, who was on academic scholarship while still being a good enough athlete to play at the FBS level isn’t a common occurrence. Those are usually the guys who play football at Ivy League schools.
Ironically enough most of Joaquin’s offers were from the Ivy League. If I remember correctly it came down to PWO at Miami or going to play at Harvard.

Ironically enough most of Joaquin’s offers were from the Ivy League. If I remember correctly it came down to PWO at Miami or going to play at Harvard.
Technically he’d have been a walk-on at Harvard too since ivies don’t give athletic scholarships

Technically he’d have been a walk-on at Harvard too since ivies don’t give athletic scholarships
Likely he would have had to pay full tuition there as well as all of their scholarships are “needs based”

This kid just earned a fan in me. He walks on after refusing offers because of how much he loves The U?! Says he WANTS to prove himself here? How can you be a Cane fan and NOT root for this kid? I hope he shoves the hate of you fake fans down your throats and clean out your backsides. Welcome to The U young man and best wishes here and beyond!

100% agree.

if what we're reading is accurate, then i'm rooting like **** for this kid!

(and only on CIS would a PWO get 9 pages of nonsense to welcome him to the U) :rolleyes:

Advertisement
Why not, his family might be loaded and can easily afford it.

Probably related to the Royal Family of Zamunda with a name like that and the ability to pay for him as a walk on here. Likely just wants to sow his royal oats with the fine local talent found in S. FL.

Correct. So it’s been about 20 yrs since we’ve seen a walk on success story where they make it to the NFL or have a real impact. Few, Murphy, and Ragone r nice stories, but not the impact that Popovich or Gonzalez had.
Sure but why is that the measurement of a "successful" walk-on? Their purpose is to be scout team bodies and occasionally help on STs. If they happen to ever see the field in a meaningful way it's a huge bonus. (And by that point they've probably earned a scholarship) So why the f*ck are we actually debating whether we should accept a walk on with actual FBS offers, other than this board is polluted with guys who were fed mercury as children..

Sure but why is that the measurement of a "successful" walk-on? Their purpose is to be scout team bodies and occasionally help on STs. If they happen to ever see the field in a meaningful way it's a huge bonus. (And by that point they've probably earned a scholarship) So why the f*ck are we actually debating whether we should accept a walk on with actual FBS offers, other than this board is polluted with guys who were fed mercury as children..

Need a snicker?

I was very specific about what I meant about success in a different sense. I LOVE Walk Ons, but I was talking & asking from a very specific standpoint, meaning NFL, and tapping into our history, which is y I clarified my point.

My post had chit to do w/ PWO in general. PWOs are great for programs. I think fans were initially complaining b/c they thought this was a scholly offer. But slow down

Last edited:
🙋🏽‍♂️ That would be me....

We Cubans grew up using Mercuro Cromo as our #1 first aid tool. We used it to treat scraps, Yagas (mouth blisters) broken bones, the flu, stomach issues and even chicken pox. Never mind the ☠️ on the label, that’s just fancy packaging for marketing purposes. AND NOW you know the rest of the story....

Advertisement
FREE MONEY.

You would take 20 kids of this caliber as PWO's if you could. Some kids develop late, but even if he never plays a down, he will make the scout team better, and I am sure he's a high character hard-working type for them to have taken him, which helps raise the standard. Awesome job by the staff.
And if we ever revive the sideline dance squad ....

🙋🏽‍♂️ That would be me....

We Cubans grew up using Mercuro Cromo as our #1 first aid tool. We used it to treat scraps, Yagas (mouth blisters) broken bones, the flu, stomach issues and even chicken pox. Never mind the ☠️ on the label, that’s just fancy packaging for? marketing purposes. AND NOW you know the rest of the story....
How do you use it for the flu? Drink it?

I wonder if anybody thought of trying it on covid?

Advertisement
Kid is probably on this site. Not sure if this is legal, but if the counters are increased for this year could he be a scholly candidate? Diaz gave him a wink and nod to commit as a PWO with the probability of getting a scholarship down the road after the counters increase and his play warrants it. Almost like a one year prove it deal.
Taken from a Barry J. article, seems to agree with your thought:

Per Canesport, UM added another Class of 2021 cornerback, three-star Michigan-based Myles Mooyoung, who bypassed scholarship offers from Houston and Washington State to instead be a preferred walk-on at UM.

The 6-1 Mooyoung had six interceptions last season.

He will compete with incoming freshman Malik Curtis to be UM’s No. 7 cornerback, with Curtis clearly entering with the edge.

Need a snicker?

I was very specific about what I meant about success in a different sense. I LOVE Walk Ons, but I was talking & asking from a very specific standpoint, meaning NFL, and tapping into our history, which is y I clarified my point.

My post had chit to do w/ PWO in general. PWOs are great for programs. I think fans were initially complaining b/c they thought this was a scholly offer. But slow down
Wasn't really talking about you.. There are people in this thread questioning whether we should take this kid at all, even as a walk on. I'll never understand that rationale, because it's brainless.

Wasn't really talking about you.. There are people in this thread questioning whether we should take this kid at all, even as a walk on. I'll never understand that rationale, because it's brainless.

Got u; that I agree w. My fault.

Advertisement
Back