Myles Garrett

Advertisement
U haven’t read the thread. “There’s no self defense”, but you are now asking what happened to precipitate the incident. U also said you don’t care about race, but you brought up race twice (despite not caring) and dismissed it twice, all in one paragraph.

Trump energy and the political climate it’s made has people in weird quagmires where sociopolitical issues are concerned. There is no where to hide. I love it.
Yes. I opened this page without reading the thread and the first comment I saw predictably was you talking about race and defending this action by Garrett. Even his own lawyer released a statement calling what he did as indefensible but you do what you always do man. Sometimes I agree with your takes and sometimes I just can’t. If this was Joey Bosa under the same circumstances doing this to a black QB, I’d rip Bosa. Would you?

Advertisement
That’s interesting. I thought Erwin vs State in the Supreme Court made it clear that no one had the duty to retreat. Im not a lawyer so idk for sure, maybe that’s changed at the state level? I’ve never lived in a state without the castle doctrine so I haven’t read too much into that.

Also is that just in public places or does that pertain to ones home as well?
I looked up that case. It's old it must apply differently for some reason. Because states absolutely had to pass stand your ground laws and castle doctrines.

Yes. I opened this page without reading the thread and the first comment I saw predictably was you talking about race and defending this action by Garrett. Even his own lawyer released a statement calling what he did as indefensible but you do what you always do man. Sometimes I agree with your takes and sometimes I just can’t. If this was Joey Bosa under the same circumstances doing this to a black QB, I’d rip Bosa. Would you?
Again, you are at an admitted disadvantage by not reading the thread but continue to blindly make statements because of your implicit bias; concerning the incident and now personally against me. I’m in zero need of your validation of my takes on anything.

When/where did I defend what Garrett did? I clearly (more than once) have openly said he went too far and lost his cool.

The first comment you saw was me “predictably talking about race”. What post number was this post of mine? Remember, you already stated what page you (supposedly) came in on.

Me “talking about race” is a very vague statement. I’ve been discussing when race was first introduced into the thread discussion and why those who supposedly have a issue with race infusion didn’t admonish those who did it. That’s the content and context of my “talking about race” in this thread.

I never did criminal law but there are special protections and inferences of imminent bodily harm if someone breaks into an occupied home.

When si was younger there was a case of a guy in Miami setting up a gun to a mechanism so that if a robber broke in to hi store (I think), that the gun fired. It did and killed a robber when no one was in the domicile and the store owner was convicted of 2nd or 3rd degree murder.

It’s not because it’s your home that you can kill at will. It’s because it’s occupied and there’s the. A presumo of self defense essentially to avoid death or imminent bodily harm.

Better if a criminal lawyer lays this out. I never worked in that area. This is what I remember from years back.

The mechanism thing definitely makes sense. I’ll have to do some research. It’ll kill some time on the bye week.

Advertisement
Again, you are at an admitted disadvantage by not reading the thread but continue to blindly make statements because of your implicit bias; concerning the incident and now personally against me. I’m in zero need of your validation of my takes on anything.

When/where did I defend what Garrett did? I clearly (more than once) have openly said he went too far and lost his cool.

The first comment you saw was me “predictably talking about race”. What post number was this post of mine? Remember, you already stated what page you (supposedly) came in on.

Me “talking about race” is a very vague statement. I’ve been discussing when race was first introduced into the thread discussion and why those who supposedly have a issue with race infusion didn’t admonish those who did it. That’s the content and context of my “talking about race” in this thread.
I’m glad you asked where I saw you talking about race. I opened the thread up on post 551 (OJ and race) - your post as attached and then read to the bottom of the page to post 560 (“simply because you’re white and say so”) - also your post as attached. My post saying I saw race was post 561, the very next post after tours, also attached:

2B24F6A2-0C62-425C-8E2C-9BCEFBB81D08.jpeg
0DA97928-F1D7-4BA1-8CA9-7B1F2C84E66F.jpeg
8C3FA916-3184-4C83-B96C-280FB90BA0F4.jpeg

So like I said- if Joey Bosa did this to a black QB , I’d rip him. Would you?

The mechanism thing definitely makes sense. I’ll have to do some research. It’ll kill some time on the bye week.
Cool, yeah I’m 20 plus years out of practice and was a zoning, development lawyer so I need help on this. I’m just spitting out what I remember from 1st year Crim Law.

I’m glad you asked where I saw you talking about race. I opened the thread up on post 551 (OJ and race) - your post as attached and then read to the bottom of the page to post 560 (“simply because you’re white and say so”) - also your post as attached. My post saying I saw race was post 561, the very next post after tours, also attached:

View attachment 102042View attachment 102043View attachment 102044

So like I said- if Joey Bosa did this to a black QB , I’d rip him. Would you?
Thank you! Like I said, those posts prove the context but you picked sides immediately on an argument that goes back probably 2 pages before that.

And why reiterate the asinine question, like it’s deep or even remotely relevant? If I said Garrett went too far, why would I not say the same about Bosa??? That question makes zero sense, especially considering the person you are attempting to make me out to be.

Advertisement
Its football not daisy picking. Grow a pair.
That is where you are mistaken. Just because it happened on a football field does not make it football. You have to look beyond the sport to understand the act.

Similarly, I didn’t find Tyson biting off Holyfied’s Ears to be just boxing. It went beyond the sport into a dark place of human behavior.

Um, the play was going to be flagged for roughing the QB for throwing his weight on him. Don't agree, cause it's football, but that's the rules.

With that being said, Mason acted like he was tougher than he was and paid for it.

But none of them was in the right.
Your are an idiot. Someone deserves to be hit with a helmet??? Bring your keyboard warrior a$$ over here and let me smack you with a helmet

Advertisement
I opened this thread on this page and saw race and shooting unarmed robbers in you home. I’ll skip race as I knew that was coming and the dude can’t use a helmet like that. There’s no self defense. I’m not sure what the race issue is. I don’t want to know either.

As for the killing an unarmed robber in your home, for one, I don’t know how you have time to determine whether a robber is armed or not, especially when adrenaline is flowing. Secondly, I never practiced criminal law, but I remember this from law school, and if a person breaks into a domicile (home) that is occupied, there’s essentially a presumption of threat to life and a right to ensure your safety and that of your occupants in your domicile. If the criminal doesn’t rape or kill someone and runs out of the house, I do not think you can shoot them in the back in the street as the threat to life and limb is lifted. That will actually get you prosecuted.

That said - Don’t be a criminal breaking into people’s houses and you don’t have to worry about it. Lol at anyone feeling bad for the scumbag that gets killed robbing homes occupied by people and then crying victim. I’m pretty liberal and I’d shoot the fûcker as dead as a troll that Inday gobbled up on CIS.
There are states that allow you to fire on someone just intruding on your property, doesn't have to be in a house. I believe Florida is included, at least when I got my permit almost 15 years ago

Advertisement
Back