Myles Garrett

Advertisement
Then Rudolph should also get charged with aggravated assault for his little "assault".

Please explain how you equate shoving/grabbing with swinging a weapon/deadly object intending to cause injury. Huge difference there. One has the potential to cause severe injury/death, one is worthy of a 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalty.

There you go wit bashing the brotha bull****... jeezus cryst. It’s ******* wrong no matter who does it. Nobody should get a pass... nobody.

Didn’t say anybody should get a pass but everybody bashing Garrett and those same people are ignoring the fact that something triggered him. Why was Rudolph pulling at his helmet to begin with? Yes I did say bashing the “brotha” because to the ones calling him a thug, the truth is outside of their entertainment he’s just a “******” and that’s the word the really wanna use. Stephen A Smith was quick to criticize him on Twitter tonight and I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve any criticism but Rudolph is the Saint in this situation? **** no!!!

Advertisement
Please explain how you equate shoving/grabbing with swinging a weapon/deadly object intending to cause injury. Huge difference there. One has the potential to cause severe injury/death, one is worthy of a 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalty.

I don't equate it, but the law you posted equates it.

I don't equate it, but the law you posted equates it.

Please provide evidence of your claim. I have copied the relevant part of the law for you here:

(A) No person, while under the influence of sudden passion or in a sudden fit of rage, either of which is brought on by serious provocation occasioned by the victim that is reasonably sufficient to incite the person into using deadly force, shall knowingly:
(1) Cause serious physical harm to another or to another's unborn;
(2) Cause or attempt to cause physical harm to another or to another's unborn by means of a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance, as defined in section 2923.11 of the Revised Code.

Advertisement
Garrett should be arrested for aggravated assault and permanently banned from the NFL. It would behoove some of you to learn Ohio’s statutes on the matter, and that the place of the crime (ie, a football field) doesn’t exempt you from committing one.

Not so, sir; it would not behoove me. Ohio is a dystopian rust desert, with more meth than teeth. I am happy to say I shan't be visiting any time soon, and so have no need to educate myself on their silly laws. And if lady luck is on my side, I'll never have to step foot in that worthless state again.

Yes, because the judicial system in the US works exactly like this.

Your judicial system is full of flaws. Support as much of the nonsense as you want to. There less than 100 years ago people had separate water fountains and bathrooms and your judicial system would lock people up left and right.

Just because there’s a law in place doesn’t make it right.

There is right and wrong. Keep your hands to yourself. What Garrett did was extra....ok. But you can never control another person or human being. You never know what someone else is capable of.

Don’t go around starting **** in life and you’ll be straight. Don’t start **** up and get mad that someone didn’t react how you wanted them too. That’s goofy to me.

Please provide evidence of your claim. I have copied the relevant part of the law for you here:

(A) No person, while under the influence of sudden passion or in a sudden fit of rage, either of which is brought on by serious provocation occasioned by the victim that is reasonably sufficient to incite the person into using deadly force, shall knowingly:
(1) Cause serious physical harm to another or to another's unborn;
(2) Cause or attempt to cause physical harm to another or to another's unborn by means of a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance, as defined in section 2923.11 of the Revised Code.
Really? He didn't grab and push him due to sudden passion? All garrett has to do is start whining about neck injuries and he just met A1 criteria.

Advertisement
Didn’t say anybody should get a pass but everybody bashing Garrett and those same people are ignoring the fact that something triggered him. Why was Rudolph pulling at his helmet to begin with? Yes I did say bashing the “brotha” because to the ones calling him a thug, the truth is outside of their entertainment he’s just a “******” and that’s the word the really wanna use. Stephen A Smith was quick to criticize him on Twitter tonight and I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve any criticism but Rudolph is the Saint in this situation? **** no!!!

It started with Garrett's late take down with 8 ******* seconds left in a game that was over. That **** happens. Rudolph got ****ed at said late take down and reacted. That also happens. But a guy ripping off another player's helmet and then hitting him in the head with it isn't something that just happens. Garrett was completely out of line. No defense for him.

Advertisement
Your judicial system is full of flaws. Support as much of the nonsense as you want to. There less than 100 years ago people had separate water fountains and bathrooms and your judicial system would lock people up left and right.

Just because there’s a law in place doesn’t make it right.

There is right and wrong. Keep your hands to yourself. What Garrett did was extra....ok. But you can never control another person or human being. You never know what someone else is capable of.

Don’t go around starting **** in life and you’ll be straight. Don’t start **** up and get mad that someone didn’t react how you wanted them too. That’s goofy to me.
I’m certainly not denying the incredibly troubling history of the US and the presence of the deep-rooted systemic issues that still plague the judicial system. It’s not perfect, but all we can hope for is continual progress over time.

I agree with you as it relates to your own personal conduct, but the law’s validity is self-evident. If we gave everyone a pass on whatever action they committed because they were instigated or lost their temper, we would descend into literal chaos.

Its not about Rudolph its about Garrets actions alone. If he just pulled rudolphd helmet off and chucked it 20 yards down field this wouldn't even be a thing. Just bc someone "triggers" you doesnt give you the right to escalate to past what is reasonable.

Advertisement
Back